[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for a civilian to own like an anti-tank cannon,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Is it possible for a civilian to own like an anti-tank cannon, or artillery piece or mortar, or a tank with a functioning cannon?

I know you can get antitank rifles, and you can buy actual tanks. But all those kind of large guns I can only find for sale as demililitarized which should be a fucking crime to destroy a weapon like that.

What about AA guns?
>>
>>28328776
Just register it as a DD. Can't have the explosive shells though.

I'm also assuming you mean in the good old USA
>>
>>28328801
Yeah, USA, Missouri if that changes anything.

Can you still get exploding rounds if you register each round as a DD like with grenades?
>>
File: HPIM1835.jpg (2 MB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
HPIM1835.jpg
2 MB, 2848x2136
Some old 37mm APC M51 Shot a old man gave me.
>>
>>28328825
>Can you still get exploding rounds if you register each round as a DD like with grenades?

Yes, but they are hella expensive on their own and when you add the 200 dollar tax stamp to EACH ROUND it becomes insane.

In the US, everything is legal if you have enough money, law knowledge, and time to wade through the bureaucracy. Very few things are truly banned.
>>
>>28328864
What about solid shot...?
>>
>>28328801
>Can't have the explosive shells though.

False, you can if you have the right expertise and follow explosive law.
>>
>>28328801
So where do you actually buy one?
>>
>>28329094
Figure out how to make it yourself and don't tell anyone.
>>
>>28329094

Howitzers pop up on gunbroker from time to time

Actually use the google machine, m8.
>>
>>28328776

http://steencannons.com/cannons/

Civil War reenacting clubs buy these repro guns that work like the originals, just have to buy/make the ammo.
>>
>>28328776
>Is it possible for a civilian to own like an anti-tank cannon, or artillery
Yes, it's a simple Destructive Device.
>or a mortar?
Either a Destructive Device or not a firearm at all.
>What about AAA?
Machine Guns trump Destructive Devices, so no full auto
>>28328825
>Can you still get exploding rounds if you register each round as a DD like with grenades?
Yes
>>28328876
>What about solid shot?
Solid shot, inert shot, flour rounds, et cetera is no different than loading a shotgun shell.

Explosive/Incendiary etc ordinance needs a DD stamp and cannot be reloaded without another form 1.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.