[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone advise me on how to get this broken pin out of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Can anyone advise me on how to get this broken pin out of this AR-15 barrel?

Much appreciated
>>
>>28328754
lol
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
How did you do that, you pentanigger?

Did you hammer on the thread side of the barrel?
>>
You stupid motherfucker
>>
OP here. This barrel belongs to a friend of mine and I have no idea how he did it. I'm just looking to see if the thing can be salvaged.
>>
>>28328822
Ask AR general
>>
File: ohshit.png (396 KB, 1280x957) Image search: [Google]
ohshit.png
396 KB, 1280x957
>actually managing to shear off your barrel index pin
>>
>>28328822
>This barrel belongs to a friend of mine
sure it does.
>>
>>28328822
its fucked and completely worthless now
you could fix it but it would be cheaper to buy a new barrel
turn it into a single shot break action or something
>>
I'm guessing you were installing/removing a muzzle device without clamping the barrel? Was the barrel nut even tightened?
>>
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=523419
>>
>>28328851
Believe what you want friend.
>>
>>28328822
throw it away and buy a barrel that isn't shit, you fucking mong
>>
>>28328754
Take it to a machine shop and ask them to EDM it out.
>>
A machine shop can mill that out.
Source: I'm a machinist and have removed countless broken taps and sheared pins just like this one. If you're in Ontario I'll even do it for you.
>>
>>28328754
Drill it and tap it with a Allen head screw of the highest grade steel like grade 8 or grade 5
>>
>>28329271

Why would you EDM out a soft pin?

If its a hardened, a piece carbide will take it out, if it isn't, a standard drill will.
>>
>>28330697
This OP.

Take a drill bit smaller than the pin, and VERY CAREFULLY drill into it. Get pliers on the drill bit and pull.

Or take it to a machine shop like others have suggested, if you have any doubts about doing it yourself.
>>
>>28330766
DO NOT drill all the way through the damn thing if you ever plan on shooting that barrel!
>>
How does this happen, there's literally no torque applied to the pin, it's just a guide. You would have to apply a huge amount of force to shear this off holy fuck
>>
>>28331025
>How does this happen
It happens by holding the barrel instead of the receiver or by retard strength/not using a torque wrench.
>>
>>28328754
Last time I had a problem with my gun, I oiled it up and then whacked the problem area with a screwdriver. Works better ham it did before.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.