[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age can men/boys be expected to function as a soldier?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: v05_00185146.jpg (217 KB, 990x656) Image search: [Google]
v05_00185146.jpg
217 KB, 990x656
At what age can men/boys be expected to function as a soldier?
>>
>>
>>28327826
californians and new yorkers aren't ever really men or boys they are more or less Girls with dicks like traps. Everywhere else the average 12 year old can carry and operate a crew served weapon reliably
>>
>>28327838

Pretty much this.

I dont expect anything approaching autonomous competancy out of anyone younger than this.
>>
>>28327842
Do you fuck tractors?
>>
>>28327826
depends on their upbringing, not their age.

in most liberal areas i wouldn't trust them with a gun at any age. in most conservative or libertarian popoulations i would trust them at 13 to be a soldier.
>>
>>28327826
Historically, 12 and over. In modern society with a sheltered first world upbringing, between 21 and never.
>>
>>28327826
Depends on upbringing and mentality, I would say anywhere from 14 to never.
>>
>>28327856
Yes at 18 i impregnated a back hoe and was blessed with 7 little Tecumsehs.

lol this pussy doesn't fuck tractors
>>
>>28327849
>>28327838
You don't need to be mature to follow orders.
>>
File: 1444843925003.jpg (71 KB, 650x560) Image search: [Google]
1444843925003.jpg
71 KB, 650x560
>>28327826
Define function...
>>28327838
Personally I've noticed it has more to do with time in. I've had boots that where in their late 20s that where fucking useless, also had peers that where 19 who where competent fire team leaders (they joined at 17)

Most bootenants are older than 25 and are still more useless than the average boot.
>>
>>28327842
>>28327864
>>28327922

Honestly as weird as it sounds it does indeed depend heavily on where they came from. You seriously absolutely without the thinnest doubt cannot put any faith on people born in liberal states. They have something deep inside themselves that drives them to seek liberal progressive reform like turtles to the ocean. It's hard to explain unless you've seen it yourself but trust in your instinct when you meet these people and you won't go wrong.
>>
>>28327955
Replace "states" with "cities" and you are correct. Seattleites and LAliens I have worked with tend to be retarded libcucks, while rural NorCal types and, well, anywhere in WA but Seattle tend to be ok.
>>
>>28327955
>>28328040

Where does DC fit into that spectrum? It's liberal enough, but it's also the most thoroughly serious and direct place I've ever been.
>>
>>28327826
ITT: people discuss building an army while excluding population centers
>>
>>28328040
i would be willing to agree with you had it not been for so much exposure of liberal "gun owners" from california. Short stories from a few Kalifornians i met

>inna military
>guy owns a pistol for home defense
>says people without military training should not be able to own a gun: California

>overseas still inna military
>guy thinks the reason communism always fails is because it hasn't been given a "fair chance" :new york

>inna states still inna military
>guy wants guns but is afraid it will make him want to kill someone in an altercation
>claims everyone thinks this way
>spend 2 years trying to convince him otherwise
>no dice: california

>inna states military again
>female thinks only black women should be able to buy guns
>after a few hours of poking and prodding i find out she's being dead serious
>"black women in the military reduce suicide rates!" :california
>>
>>28327826

younger the better, children are more gullible and controllable
>>
I'd say they're best recruited at 12, and given training for a minimum of 3 years training.

Fielding trained 15 year olds would be ideal because they're too stupid to realize they can die.
>>
>>28327955
I partly disagree, some of my best boots where from commiefornia. You just have to break down the "I'm a special snowflake" ideas.
>>
>>28327826
16yo, earliest.
That's the lowest age our gov here in an EU-land can grant permission to step into service. Otherwise it's mandatory military service for every male that's turned 18yo.
>>
>>28327838
The average age of a combat soldier in World War 2 was 25.

In Vietnam, he was 19.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcFFEjq5Ap8
>>
git dem child soldiers on 'ere
>>
>>28327826
16 for a soldier, 21 for a team/squad leader, 25 for an officer (a good one).
>>
>>28327889

I expect more.

Following orders when told and ONLY that is the definition of not being trusted with autonomous responsibility.
>>
>>28327889
>>28328724
this, you dont need to be mature to follow orders and be a dumb boot

You do need to be mature to be able to lead.

outliers do exist though
>>
>>28328096
Your point being? Some cultures create boys whom, on average, can NEVER be trusted with weapons in a life or death situation. Liberal, urban, north americans come from such a culture.
>>
>>28328839
>Not putting them straight into the proverbial meat grinder that is the frontlines.
>>
>>28328110
The new york guy was only wrong in saying communism failed because it wasnt given a chance and not the inadequacy of the soviet method.
Anyway why do people equate liberals to communists despite being wildly different? If you knew anything about former "communist" countries they trained kids to operate before they learned basic algebra
>>
>>28327885
>7 little Tecumsehs
bet they didn't run much, did they?
>>
>>28328940
why would you put a group of people damn near 100% likely to defect to the enemy on the front line?
>>
File: diamond.jpg (22 KB, 530x240) Image search: [Google]
diamond.jpg
22 KB, 530x240
Having just watched blood diamond I'm thinking like 10-12. He was pretty damn operator.
>>
>>28328145
>ideal because they're too stupid to realize they can die.
That childish overconfidence is all well and good until their buddy does die, and reality hits them in face while they're still in the situation that got the first one killed. So the foundation of the mindset they're trained with falls apart and they become useless and the other people depending on them get killed and the house of cards falls.
>>
>>28328969
>to operate

Only to operate the vodka bottle
>>
>>28328145
No, execute those who commit gross offenses in front of the others, to get them used to the idea of dying, plus more motivation
>>
>>28329191
10/10 film
>>
>>28328839
Pls take that soccer mom bullshit elsewhere. I'd sooner trust some Democrat from NYC than jimbob who learned to handle a gun when he was guarding pepaws meth lab
>>
>>28329657
On of them is going to know how to use a gun, follow basic orders, and be generally be capable of handling themselves.
The other will vote Democratic.
>>
If you can cum you're old enough to die for your country.
>>
>>28327826
Usually around seven, realistically ten.
>>
>>28328083

There are no children in dc unless you mean the projects. Most of the people in dc move there for the express purpose of being humorless wonks.
>>
>>28329272

That's what my great uncle who fought at the battle of the bulge said, he fought against hitler youth and said they fought like Wildcats until they started taking casualties, then folded relatively quickly.
>>
>>28327955
This people from the south are retarded. They have the inability to figure things out for them selves, even given simple tasks.
>>
12 for non-combat roles.
>>
>>28329806
The real question is the female orgasm real?
>>
>>28328969
>Anyway why do people equate liberals to communists despite being wildly different?

Commies/Nazis <=> Left/Right <=> Liberal/Conservative.
Therefore Commies/Nazis <=> Liberal/Conservative.
Mentioning Nazis akin to mentioning Voldemort => You never hear the other side of the argument calling all the conservatively minded states as nazi ones (the idea is certainly there, but you can't just come out and accuse someone of nazism while saying someone's a commie is generally seen as 'funny').
>>
File: africa addio.webm (3 MB, 600x254) Image search: [Google]
africa addio.webm
3 MB, 600x254
>>28329191
>blood diamond
Watch Johnny mad dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeb2NLXuUzg

note how they operate at 41 min in.
>>
>>28328969
>to operate

You mean, kill someone at point blank range for a can of beans or his pair of shoes?
>>
>>28332669
I second anon's opinion. Great film.
>>
>>28328969
>Anyway why do people equate liberals to communists

I think it is heavy into gender politics
people may get it into their head that the motherland is more matriarchal and goes in oppostion to the more patriarchal strcuture of the Christian ideal (see godless communist)
and on top of this the communal aspect feeds into the naivety of "cant we all just get along"
>>
>>28328298
That's pretty cool. Reminds me of PSB's War Rooms album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4Rr07bgVQ
>>
>>28327955
>Honestly as weird as it sounds it does indeed depend heavily on where they came from. You seriously absolutely without the thinnest doubt cannot put any faith on people born in united states.
ftfy
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.