[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scammer stories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
I feel pretty bad. What's the sketchiest seller you or a family member as came across? Have you ever scammed a buyer, even in the slightest?

>Be this Christmas.
>Not really big on the gift giving because 19, just not excited anymore. Still appreciate everything. Just no more childhood wonder.
>Recently got my second Mosin Nagant because I have a PU scope coming in the mail, gonna mount that baby fuck yeah but beside the point.
>Dad who's not as much into guns as I am but still knows more than enough gives me a gift from him.
>Small box but hefty for it's size.
>No idea it'd be ammo because I've never gotten anything firearm related as a gift before.
>Open it, it's 8mm ammo
>Puzzled look, but I appreciate it anyways. Assume he thought my Mosin was 8mm. Still skeptical because dad is way too smart to make a mistake like this.
>Keeps asking me "That's the right ammo for you Mosin, right?"
>At this point I know he's fucking with me.
>A few more presents go by. Then brings out this long box.
>Oh shit. This fucker went above and beyond.
>Open it, it's a sporterized Mauser mod98
>Don't like sporters but that's not the point. It's a rifle from my pops, and for a sporter it doesn't look too bad. 80's style stock, can tell barrel is a different style. The only thing original on it is the bolt assembly, receiver (No import marks which is cool), trigger and plate.
Here's the kicker, this is where I feel like shit.
>"I got a great deal on it. The guy told me it's all original, and sold it to me for $325. He even wen't down $175 on it."
>Oh no dadd-io
>This fucker from a few towns over scammed my dad. Told him it was all original, sold him sporter shit.
>Feel bad because dad knew I've been wanting a wartime Mauser for like a year and a half. Knows I love WW2 bolt actions, and just wanted to do a great thing for his son. It's one of the only things we really bond over.
>It's the thought that counts though, and that won't be tarnished. It'll be a neat project restoring it.
>>
Ungrateful little shit. Wish i had a kid like you so I could bust your ass and give your presents to the poor kids you go to school with
>>
File: honk.jpg (60 KB, 431x594) Image search: [Google]
honk.jpg
60 KB, 431x594
>>28326644
did you actually read what OP posted or are you just being retarded
>>
I'd keep it like that, it doesn't look bad judging from the picture.
>>
File: index.jpg (9 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9 KB, 201x250
>>28326615
shit that does suck, not only scammed but it got sporterized

>>28326644
reread
>>
>>28326644
Don't think you read it all the way. I love the gun as well as the gesture. I just feel bad that my dad got taken advantage of by some asshole.
>>
>>28326615
>>28326654
Who cares?
>Sage
>>
>>28326615
Keep the rifle as is and don't change anything, get a real Mauser later, your dad is a stand up guy don't change what he bought you to suit what you want
>>
>>28326686
>im gonna try my darnest to shit on this thread
>>
>>28326704
Yeah but what would be worse, to buy a new one and neglect the old one, making him feel the old one is inferior, or bond with him a bit more by getting the gun back to it's original state? He admitted that he realized on the way back that the stock is not original. So he knows it's not 100%. I'd hate to get a new gun and him think that his gift to me wasn't good enough.
>>
fuck that OP I'd track down whoever scammed your dad and demand a refund...
People that prey and scam others are scum of the earth. Especially this time of the year.

This is what ruins militaria collecting for me. Too many fuckwads out there willing to pawn off fakes/ unoriginal items as authentic.
>>
>>28326740
Or buy a real Mauser and care for them both, you can have more than one rifle you know
>>
>>28326762
Think of it this way... by letting that seller get away with scamming your old man, you're just encouraging him to lie and scam someone else in the future. Asshole needs to learn his lesson
>>
>>28326771
That's not how my dad works though. My dad's pride and feelings would be hurt if I got another one. He'd feel that no matter how I reason it, that his gift wasn't good enough for me so I got a new one. He's stuck in his old ways. Love him to death but a stubborn old man. And I'd rather just not get on his bad side, considering we've only started to get along this past year.
>>
Anyone got any scammer stories though? Didn't mean for it to turn into a "Help me try to maintain relationship with father and teach fucktard scammer a lesson." thread.
>>
>>28326845
been burned a few times buying ww2 german militaria from supposed legit dealers. Got an MP40 sling and a belt buckle that upon further research were forgeries... albeit good ones.

Some of the fakes out there are so good though you almost cant blame the dealers. Still pisses me off though
>>
>>28326615
you can't unbubba it. Just shoot it and enjoy the way it is. Knowing where its roots are should be cool enough.
>>
>>28327217
Im super cautious now whenever I buy TR items... Only get them off forums that dont support selling of fakes, or take pictures and get them verified by experts before making a purchase
>>
>>28326615
ehh atleast he negotiated it down. Your dad only paid x2 as much as its worth, way worse has happened
>>
>>28327280
wouldn't make a bad dur hunting rifle either
>>
>>28326644
>>28326686
Found the scammer
>>
>>28326615

Ask your dad who sold it to him. Go over to..."meet" him and "express your thanks."

I'm sure you can come up with creative ways of such expression.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.