[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
M&P or Glock 17
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Glock-v-MP-ft.jpg (272 KB, 1140x490) Image search: [Google]
Glock-v-MP-ft.jpg
272 KB, 1140x490
Alright, I'm assuming this thread has been on here before, but I'm going to buy one of these
and I wanna know what /k/ thinks.
>I've shot the Glock, gen 4, and I really like it.
>Haven't shot the M&P but I will before making my final decision.
>>
>>28325826
Also, will be CCing, appendix.
>>
>>28325849
>Also, will be CCing, appendix.

glock 19
>>
m&p + apex carry kit
>>
Have both prefer glock, m&p is just a back up now.

The gen 4 glock texturing is nice for positive grip. I try to avoid stippling or applying skateboard tape/talon grips because I don't like messing with the aesthetics of a gun. But I noticed in prolonged shooting sessions that the m&p got slick and really needs tape for me.

I also prefer the trigger on the glock compared to the m&p. I felt the trigger pull distance was shorter with the glock and when it comes to reset the glock reset was more tactile and audible.

It's not like you can go wrong with either. Just do a side by side comparison at the store and make a decision
>>
>>28325904

OK just read that you're ccing. Might want to go with something smaller. Glock 19 or 26, m&p compact or shield.
>>
>>28325826
I'd carry something smaller but if you want something that size get a USPc
>>
Ive never shot an m&p so i would go with the flock just because of familiarity. If you are ccing you should try something smaller though as others have suggested the 19 or 26. I would go with the 19 because it still has 15rds capacity and isnt too big.
>>
>>28325904
>>28325925
This sounds like the smart move. Thanks.
>>
M&P fullsize with an Apex kit > Glock 17

Glock 19 > either
>>
The glock has a slightly better trigger than the M&P, and the Glock has a slightly longer sight radius, that's about the only difference.
>>
File: DSC_2225.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2225.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Can't go wrong with a 19
>>
The deciding factor for m&p vs glock should be the grip angle. I prefer the glock, but others prefer the m&p that is more akin to the 1911. Just my opinion; I tried both and bought the g34
>>
File: M&P Shield.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
M&P Shield.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28325826
M&P Shield 9mm
>>
Never buy M&P that isn't a Shield in 9mm
>>
>>28329402

Reason?
>>
File: M&P Family.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
M&P Family.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28329402
b-but it's a cheap simple AR that works for fun on the range
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.