[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I got one of these for christmas, hi-point JHP in .45 It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Hi-Point JHP 45-1.jpg (212 KB, 813x617) Image search: [Google]
Hi-Point JHP 45-1.jpg
212 KB, 813x617
So I got one of these for christmas, hi-point JHP in .45

It's fu...

It's fucking like, 4 pounds when fully loaded

What should I do with this brick? Does anybody actually CC these? dafuq
>>
>>28325407
Tyrone and daquan down the street cc them.they say its the best version of the glock forty,because fuddy fah is bigger.
>>
Jamal and Tyrese mostly
>>
Use it as a dedicated car gun.

Go shoot it and make sure it's reliable. Then go get a holster and hide it between the front seats in your car and let it live there.
>>
>>28325407
>Cover it in cosmoline
>Erect wooden box coffin
>Dig hole
>Bury it
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 900x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 900x960
>>28326175
Dis.
>>
>>28325407
Thats worse than getting coal
>>
I have the c9 its big but nowhere near the jhp. I can cc it easily (I'm a big dude though) but its my car gun because I don't really care if it gets banged up. Make sure you lube it up and break it in before you judge it.
>>
>>28326622

OP here, the c9 was actually the first pistol I ever bought. Got it just because of the price and because I couldn't really carry my mossy 500 around all day. It wasn't bad, you just can't carry it cocked or you're gonna have a bad time.

This thing though. This thing is like deagle status in terms of size and weight. It's probably gonna be my car gun after all.

Although, it is the first .45 I've ever had, and will be the first one I shoot so, I'm looking forward to that, at least.

One more thing I will say in hi-point's favor is the grip is ergonomic as fuck and fits my giant meat mittens quite nicely.
>>
>>28326651
Yeah I really like my c9. I'm not going to act like its the best pistol ever but it does what it's supposed to do. But why not carry it cocked?
>>
>>28326675

Much like the old school saturday night specials, hi-point uses the firing pin as an ejector. It also tends to bounce around, just tap-tap-taping on the primer all day. The chances of your gun going off without having pulled the trigger are EXTREMELY high on these. This is why you get Jamal in the hospital because his hi-point went off in his jeans. Even with the safety on, it can still fire.

Don't carry it cocked, please.
>>
>>28325407
Wow 4lbs... Are you a teenage girl?. That's a man's gun bitch.

I wish someone loved me enough to buy me a high point. You spoiled fucker.
>>
>>28326720

>tfw nogunz

You really don't want to walk around all day with that, especially in an IWB or something.

>constantly pulling your jeans up
>massive size, gonna imprint no matter what
>Extremely heavy slide, extremely light polymer frame = can't stay on target

Don't think that I'm not grateful, because I am. Any gun to add to my growing family is appreciated, I'm just having trouble deciding what actual purpose it will serve other than just shooting it at a range
>>
Uh... that's used for a murder throwaway gun. Who bought that for you? Your boyfriend Jamal?
>>
>>28326700
Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>28326720
I just wish somebody loved me.

sorry, bad few days. I'll go back to drinking and s.t.f.u
>>
>>28325464
/thread

That gun isn't a CC piece.
It's barely in one piece at all.
>>
>>28325407
I think the .40 Hi-Points actually don't look that bad. But I hate the .40 round so I'll never buy one.
>>
OP here. As an update, I've been messing around with it all day, the magazine release is very smooth and sits perfectly for my thumb (I have long, fat fingers so this isn't often) the more unholster/aim/dryfire drills I do, the better it feels. The grip is such that the back of the slide rests nicely in the space between my thumb and forefinger. The weight at first turned me off but, after handling it for a few hours, I don't think it will be as big of a problem. Even the aesthetics are starting to grow on me.

However, I olied her up and fed it two of its 9 round magazines back to back. I had 3 jams, one of them being a stovepipe. The trigger feels extremely cheap, but it fires quickly and readily.

The weird weight balance makes it really hard to get good groupings, but the heaviness of the barrel makes recoil pretty manageable. I was honestly apprehensive about .45 because I have some nerve damage in my shooting hand coupled with rhuematoid arthritis, but it was smooth, and didn't bother my hand at all.

For reference .357 made my hand cramp up immediately, and unless I fired it two handed, it would literally kick out of my weak ass grip. So, larger caliber handguns aren't really my forte. Maybe it was something to do with the weight of the gun but, It was honestly a dream to shoot.

I didn't do my best with my targets, I have a s&w model 10 in .38 and I can get pretty tight groupings normally, but I haven't zeroed the sight yet so, all in all, straight out of the box shooting with no adjustments, it did pretty good.

The magazine is worrying me. It feels super cheap, I'm positive that it won't last long. Does anybody know of aftermarket hi-point mags?

Also, since I give no fucks about it getting scratched up/aesthetically hurt, what are some crazy ass paint jobs or DIY aesthetic mods I could maybe do?

Let's have some fun, /k/. Pimp my hi-point
>>
>>28327537

Wood grips and an extended magazine
>>
>>28327537

put a vertical grip on it breh

no but in all seriousness if its your truck gun, get a flashlight for it and a few back up clipazines.

also, you can use it as a window breaker.

>thinking of getting it too, how much did it run you? i own the 9mm carbine and im debating getting the c9 or the .45
>inb4 caliber debate

gif oddly related
>>
before the internet i saw a hi point at a gun show and me and my cousin busted out laughing. that is by far the most ridiculous looking thing ive ever seen but i might just get one as a car gun
>>
>>28327537
From what I've read the aftermarket mags make it jam even more than usual also heard that extended mags will void waranty. But hi-point has mags you can buy in their site for pretty cheap you could get just for back up.
>>
Car gun or house gun.
>>
>>28327622
>put a vertical grip on it breh
DO NOT FUCKING DO THAT! You gotta have big problems with ATF!
https://www.atf.gov/file/97256/download
>>
>>28327676

read the rest of the post
>>
>>28327622

At my funstore, the c9 is 169 and the .45 is 179 before tax and associated fees. We don't have a gun registration in my state (Tennessee) so all in all the gun, taxes and 50 .45 rounds cost the wife 224 and some change.
>>
Those things are banned from my local gun boards and no LGS sells them...

If it were me I'd probably throw it on Armslist for $50 and transfer it through an FFL so you know it doesn't end up shooting it's new felon owner in the leg.

If you want a "big" gun that's reliable and cheap get a CZ 75b or a Glock 21.
>>
I would be more likely to use a hi-point in a home defensive situation

Let the cops take that gun and the dindu body away and I can still take my good funs to the range the next day
>>
>>28327761

Yeah, it's pretty much a toss-up between being my truck gun or duct-taping it in a ziplock bag under my bathroom sink. I keep my model 10 in the coffee table drawer in the living room, got my mossberg beside the bed and my px4 beretta in my kitchen. If I go bathroom route, I'll be armed in every room of the house and this is appealing to me since I live in a shit neighborhood.

I used to keep an old rabbit ear side by side 12 gauge on my redneck as fuck gun rack in the truck, but I'm always worried somebody is gonna just smash the back window and run off with it. This might be a better option between the seats.
>>
>>28327537
Only run heavier grain .45acp through it (Why this works don't tell me) IF you can get a 250 gr bullet do so. I would have a preference towards Max loads for powder if you can help it.

The magazine is fine, it is single stack so make sure you are loading it properly and seating every single round to the back of the follower.

You can basically paint or do whatever you want to the gun. After all it is plastic and cast aluminum.

Magazines always feel like crap. It is gun made in Ohio, you want a good gun you go to New York.
>>
>>28327860

They're honestly not that bad of guns, price considering, if you just want a beater gun that you don't care about losing.

If never keep a Glock or Sig in my car or bathroom, but definitely a Hi-point

They are just ugly and extremely picky about the ammo you feed them

You have to baby it with a lot with frequent maintenance, butHi-Point will bend over backwards and suck your dick if you have a problem
>>
>>28328120

So you'd say their customer service is pretty legit?
>>
>>28328259

Its been a long time, but they were way better than Glock and Kahr were, not that those were bad, but they were super nice and fast
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.