[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I recently turned 18 and im thinking about a rifle to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Ishapore.jpg (23 KB, 1200x283) Image search: [Google]
Ishapore.jpg
23 KB, 1200x283
Hey /k/, I recently turned 18 and im thinking about a rifle to buy that will be both fun to shoot and good to hunt with, also not too expensive. Im thinking about buying an Ishapore since ammo is readily available and I can get one for less than 300 dollars. Any thoughts or advice for a first gun purchase?
>>
Mosin Nagant, Ishapores, or just get a modern bolt action rifle like a Ruger American, Tikka, or Savage Axis.
>>
You can get a south american Mauser for less than $300. Nice guns.
>>
I recently bought a savage axis 2 bout 350 after rebates and stuff comes with a weaver optic. You'll have to change that out to go hunting but all around not bad gun. Wish I would have spent some extra money to get the trophy hunter with the jade bolt or whatever. But I absolutely love dat accutrigger.
>>
>>28324587
I'd go for this. Argentine cavalry carbines are pretty cute tbqh familia.
>>
>>28324465
Get a Rossi lever action or used Marlin in 357. Good for hunting, lots of fun, light and handy, and can be had for around $350 if you look for them. 38 special/357 mag ammo is easy to find, incredibly cheap to reload for (something you should do), and pretty cheap for all but the premium self defense loads.
>>
>>28324816
>lever action for anything but the range
Kekno.

>>28324587
The only real problem with this is finding ammo, but if you've got a cabelas nearby then you're golden (though because of the prices you might want to get into reloading)
>>
>>28324837
Are you honestly Implying that you can't use a lever action for hunting?
>>
>>28324465
Whats a good price for an Ishapore?

400 at the upper end for a good one?
>>
>>28324953
Speaking of this, what's a good price for a .303 Lee Enfield?
>>
>>28324875
>can't
More like "bolts are infinitely better and more useful whilst appealing to a rename of people beyond "HOLY FUCKING SHIT IMMA COWBOY, HURR!""
>>
>>28324996
Why are they better and more useful?
>>
>>28325013
>no lever sticking out the bottom, more variety of ammo, easier to find ammo, better magazine reliability, more options brand wise, which also means you can get better quality, and they also can be maintained just as easily.

That's everything off the top of my head. I can come up with more.
>>
>>28325026
>That's everything off the top of my head. I can come up with more.
This sentence is a contradiction.
>>
>>28325046
How is it a contradiction?
That's all I have sitting around my skull, reason wise, but there are more reasons than just that, I'm sure.
>>
>>28324996
Did a Henry rifle molest you as a child or something?
>>
>>28325026
yeah, yeah, no, no, yeah, no, and negligible difference.

You kinda suck at this.
>>
>>28325026
What's wrong with the lever?
>>
>>28324837
I've killed more hogs and coyotes with my Sears and Roebuck 30-30 than you ever can imagine. Take that shit elsewhere.
>>
>>28324985
You can find a decent one for $300.
>>
>>28325260
I'mma need your time machine.
>>
>>28325096
>thinks I'm only referring to Mausers
I'm referring to all bolt action firearms, and tube mags fucking suck, thus making only a small section of lever actions able to take spitzer rounds.
More companies make bolt actions, and most of the companies that make bolt actions have better reputations.
>>28325185
You just read my post.
>>28325255
Good for you. You could have done it cheaper and more efficiently with just about any other gun, but okay, sure. I can understand the purchase of one from a "fun" perspective.
>>28325085
It molested my first shooting experience.
It jammed and took twenty FUCKING MINUTES TO CLEAR. I tried prying the case out with a knife after it got jammed in the damn magazine.
Seriously, for anything but the range they're iffy and pointless.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.