[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top: Legal to own and conceal carry in many states with the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled.jpg (419 KB, 1024x1000) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
419 KB, 1024x1000
Top: Legal to own and conceal carry in many states with the new bill
Bottom: Would be 100% illegal under the new Assault Weapons Ban of 2015

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Are these people seriously mentally challenged?
>>
what's the difference?

besides barrel length and the attachments
>>
>>28324284
One is technically classified as a pistol (top) and the other is a rifle (bottom) despite shooting the same exact ammunition with the same exact firing mechanism.
>>
>>28324284
retardation of the NFA, GCA, and ATF.

One is a "pistol". Because it doesn't have a buttstock and was serialized as a pistol by the manufacturer.

The other is a rifle because it has a buttstock and a rifle serial.
>>
>>28324144
Bill will not go anywhere. Chill.

Seriously, Feinstein tries to pass one of these like once a month.
>>
>>28324144
repubs are in charge, doesnt matter, dont fucking care.

in fact every time the asshole dems bring this retarded shit up it just alienates them more from moderate Americans, which can only serve to help the republicans
>>
File: 1449719709535.jpg (9 KB, 489x479) Image search: [Google]
1449719709535.jpg
9 KB, 489x479
>>28324296
>>28324306
>one is a pistol, the other is a rifle

holy fuck americans are stupid
>>
File: glockstock2copy[1].jpg (33 KB, 295x255) Image search: [Google]
glockstock2copy[1].jpg
33 KB, 295x255
>>28324337
this is legally a rifle in America.
>>
>>28324337
No, the ATF is stupid.
>>
>>28324337
It's the politricks and their mouthbreathing, blastfact guzzling legions, not the average guy.
>>
>>28324403
no, that's a grenade
>>
Did you read the proposed legislation? Top would be illegal too.
>>
>>28324511
No he didnt hes just being a memelord
>>
File: jail for 10 years .jpg (67 KB, 640x658) Image search: [Google]
jail for 10 years .jpg
67 KB, 640x658
>>28324337

if the overall length is longer than 26 inches and the barrel is longer than 16 its a rifle.

if it is less than 26 inches and has a 16 inch barrel or less it is a pistol

if it has a over all length of 26 inches or more but a barrel less than 16 inches its a short barreled rifle, which is a legal term per the batf, so a c96 with a butt stock is short barreled rifle and has to be registered with the batf, but an ar or ak with out a butt stock and a short barrel it is a pistol, but if you have an ak pistol and put a stock on it, its an sbr, and if you put a vertical grip on it, the batf will call it an any other weapon and has to be registered.
>>
>>28324429

well memed
>>
Bureaucracies tend to be retarded, yes.
>>
>>28324144

>wah! wah! muh "freedom"!
>i should be allowed to do what I want with my money! wah! waaah!
>i should be allowed to do what i want with my property!
>WAAAH
>MUH RIGHTS!!!!

Shut up and obey the law, faggt.
>>
File: b8.png (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
40 KB, 625x626
>>28324596
>>
>>28324144
Except the pistol would be illegal under the new bill as well as it calls any pistol with the magazine being anywhere but the grip an "assault weapon"
>>
>>28324596
atf pls go
>>
>>28324311
This. If all of /k/ lived in Cali there would be nothing but freakout threads 24/7
>>
>>28324144
Wrong.

The bill makes a pistol capable of accepting a detachable magazine outside the pistol grip an assault weapon.
>>
>>28324683
I fucking hate living in california so fucking much.
>>
OP you didnt read the whole thing, did you? They both would be illegal, because if you read, you would see AW are also pistols that accept magazines outside the pistol grip, have threaded barrels, and the thingy that goes up at the end of the barrel
>>
>>28324545
>if the overall length is longer than 26 inches and the barrel is longer than 16 its a rifle.
it needs a stock

even if you did something stupid like shove a 24 inch upper on a pistol lower federally it would still be a pistol
unless the specific state your in has laws defining a pistol and its breaking a weight/length limit
>>
File: gavin newsom gun control.png (243 KB, 971x715) Image search: [Google]
gavin newsom gun control.png
243 KB, 971x715
>>28325828
Just wait until Gavin Newsome becomes our governor. He'll call for, and get, mandatory retroactive gun registration at a MINIMUM. Gun-illiterate flatlander liberals will think this is fine -- just like registering your car. Nobody north of Sac will register anything, and that's where the CDOJ SWAT team will go. Not to Compton or Oakland -- that would upset the hoi polloi -- but Adin and MacArthur and Red Bluff and other places nobody has ever heard of. Watch.

Interesting times... interesting times.
>>
>>28325905
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbAsD0lEpuA
Slightly relevent.

At least we have some form of media on our side.
>>
>>28324429
Medium kek
>>
>>28324545
>puts a "totally not a stock" cuckpad on to avoid the Boogey Agent
>puts a VFG on

wow
>>
>>28324596
not a law yet, faggot. won't be, either.

next time, try harder, cry harder.
>>
File: 1451113281176.gif (3 MB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
1451113281176.gif
3 MB, 230x173
>>28324144

They have to leave loopholes so that they can say that they aren't banning all guns.
>>
>>28324429
jej
>>
>>28324144
Apparently you didn't pay attention to the new wording. At passing glance the text seemed to be the same as previous versions of the assault weapon ban, but isn't.
94 AWB text:
>a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of

proposed 2007 AWB text (went to 1 feature instead of 2):
>A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine, and that has

proposed California 2012 AWB text:
>A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following

current NY AWB (as of 2013):
>A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS AN ABILITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS

new ambiguous text lacking the word "has" before "any 1 of the following" (anyone who did better in English class in school than I did want to confirm if the "capacity to accept" part applies to the second half):
>A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following

Therefore if the "capacity to accept" applies to the "any 1 of the following" instead of the previous wording where they used the word "has", they'd be able to ban pretty much any semi auto rifle with a detachable magazine as an "assault weapon," and with the pistol "assault weapon" definition:
>(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
>(i) A threaded barrel.
>(ii) A second pistol grip.
How many pistols don't have an accessory rail or the ability to swap out barrels without tools?

No, this doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of passing, but the anti side has overplayed their hand here and have made their plans pretty clear and easy to point out to anyone who is on the fence on the issue or the people who are on the anti side but don't support measures as extreme as that, which is a much more solid argument than pointing to what has happened in other countries.
>>
>>28325987
Judges have already struck down VFG on pistol cases.

>>28324545
C96 and Inglis Hi Powers are exempt an you can put their stocks on them with out needing to pay for a stamp.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.