[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on the Springfield XDM? I'm in the market for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: springfield xdm.png (759 KB, 1200x782) Image search: [Google]
springfield xdm.png
759 KB, 1200x782
Thoughts on the Springfield XDM?

I'm in the market for my first pistol and I had this recommended to me.
>>
>>28323306
Get a Glock nigger. It's most popular gun for a good reason.
>>
Owning a gun with a meme name XD
>>
>>28323306
It's an excellent weapon.
Pros;
>XDMs have way better sights than Glocks
>Grip safety is easily depressed but makes quick reholstering just a little safer
>Chamber indicator is tasteful yet easily seen
>cocking indicator is also nice and well positioned
>reinforced chamber
>overbuilt as fuck
>aggressive stock texturing
>Bore axis combined with the angle of the grip softens recoil and makes .40 short and snappy as easy on the hands as 9mm
>stock trigger is crisper than a glock

Cons
>aftermarket is weak but growing
>some people don't like 1911 grip angles
>GRIP ZONE GRIP ZONE
>some people prefer Glock triggers
>slide is heavier than a Glock's
>slide is so overbuilt it's almost unnecessary
>crote scum

Basically it's a bunch of preference, I had a review written but it's on my old computer so fuck you.
>>
>>28323306
Nice guns, crazy high mag capacity, reliable, easy to maintain. If it fit's your hand well,why not?
>>
>>28323306
They're great.
Much more ergonomic and attractive than a glock and holds more ammo to boot.

Consider a PRP trigger kit. A guy I knew had one and even dry firing was pure sex.
>>
>>28323306

More expensive than a Glock so it's better out of box. Less aftermarket shit, so that hurts later on. Needless grip safety to make some people "feel safer", but if you don't mind it go for it.

It's a solid 8/10.
>>
>>28323306

Here, nigger. Read: http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/xdm-4-5-9-mm/
>>
if you buy a spring field by 1/231/2015 you go online to their website and they give you a field bag 2 mag pouches and 2 extra mags FREE!!! thats a no brainier you'll have a total of 4 clips on you for your first gun you cant go wrong with that.
>>
>>28323306
I like mine a lot. I have the .45 version with a 4.5 inch barrel and it's run flawlessly after about 2k of my dirty cast lead reloads. I do recommend getting some rubber talon grips for it at a minimum, it improves the pistol massively since the grip texture sucks. Another plus is that it will handle the occasional box of .45 super without modification according to SA, so it's nice to have during hog hunting.
>>
>>28324129

Do you work for them? Jesus...
>>
>>28324129
>clips
>>
>>28324129
>1/231/2015
>231st of January
I think this date has passed
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.