[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKS thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12
File: sks.jpg (440 KB, 2050x900) Image search: [Google]
sks.jpg
440 KB, 2050x900
so i got my first rifle the other day and its an russian sks i was wondering if there's any programs or things of the sort where i can learn to take apart and rebuild the gun as well as learn proper matinance
>>
>>28323021
Literally just look up youtube vids on how to maintain a gun and SKS disassembly

It's not remotely hard, it's a gun made for retarded illiterate conscripts who worked on farms their whole lives, you will not break it
>>
alrighty
>>
>>28323021
10 seconds on youtube
https://youtu.be/mRV5_RuFnyc
>>
IT BEGINS
>>
>>
>>28323048
this, 100%
I can give you a rundown, it's that simple
1. bolt forward, weapon cleared
2. lift tab on takedown pin
3. rotate pin out and pull out as far as possible. (it doesn't come all the way out)
4. pull dust cover back and off, followed by BCG
5. now you can clean all the insides except gas tube which is held by a rotating semicircular rod in the rear sight base. (just lift the tab on the side of the rear sight until the back of the gas tube lifts up, BE VERY CAREFUL because there is a spring loaded piston in the rear sight base, if you lift the tab too far it can shoot out, lift the tab JUST until the gas tube lifts out.)

To take apart the "bottom" of the rifle:
1: push the spring button behind the trigger guard with a pointy object, and pull up on the trigger guard
2: pull the magazine out by the rear
3: unfold bayonet
4: lift rear of reciever out of the stock and pull back to remove

You can remove the bayonet by unscrewing the screw that holds it in, it should be staked but mine was done poorly and came out easily.

Removing the top handguard is a real bitch and you need to actually drill the pin that holds it to the gas tube.

I've never removed the front sight so I dunno, but there's literally no reason to do that normally.

Enjoy your SKS, friend.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>28323081
>4: lift rear of reciever out of the stock and pull back to remove

sorry, meant to say "pull back on the stock"
you could also push the reciever forward a bit, you just need to get the front of the stock out of the flange at the front of the handguard.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>28323108
>>28323105
>>28323100
>>28323096
>>28323093

fuck off you gay bitch nerd
>>
And that's how you do it
>>
>>28323112
>there will never be more communist batman

Why you hating on the greatest firearm instructional comics featuring batman?
>>
>>28323112
come on bro, I just typed out how to do all this only to be cucked by CB, and I don't even salty.
>>
I dissembled my SKS and that weird pin flew the fuck out of my rifle and hit a wall. It's a bit crooked now but only very slightly.

Is this a problem?
>>
>>28323151
which weird pin? the one in the rear sight?
I knew I didn't explain that well enough.
>>
>>28323159
Where the gas tube is. There's another pin inside the gas tube thing. That shit flew out at the speed of light.
>>
>>28323168
Did you turn the release too far and a small piston surrounded by a braided spring came out?
>>
>>28323179
Yeah, exactly.
>>
>>28323199
Ok that's the second piston I forgot to include when Ai made the CB comic. Just put the spring around the shaft and pust it back in. Your gas tube release needs to be open to let it go back in then you can mostly close it and slip the gas tube back on.
>>
>>28323212
You did actually mention it, you said "it doesn't need to come out" which is true but what you didn't say is "but it really really wants to be free"
>>
BTW it shouldn't be a big deal if the small gas piston is a bit crooked as long as it still moves in its hole. worst case it fails to cycle and it needs a little work with some abrasive.
>>
>>28323228
Oh yeah I guess I did, hah forgot that. Hell its been four years since I did the set.
>>
>>28323253
.No complaints, it's good OC in a land of memeposting and shitbirds.

Dude with the ballistic piston, did it fit back in the hole?
I really hope it still works...
>>
If you can't figure out how a gun works just by picking it up you're retarded and shouldn't own guns
>>
>>28323585
Ok so how about you try to take apart a gun having never owned it before and have no clue how it disassembles. Here's a list of what you should try.

Ruger Mk.III
CZ52
marlin camp carbine
Ross Mk.II
Iver Johnson
>>
Thinking about PU scoping my Norinco sks.

Is it worth it senpai?

Should I just buy an AK?
or Build an m16a4 clone?
fug
>>
>>28325280
Its not bad. Sks makes a great >300 meter dmr.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.