[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
.308 battle rifle tossup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: FB_IMG_1451054625344.jpg (42 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1451054625344.jpg
42 KB, 800x496
So, /k/, help me out. I want a .308 battle rifle, preferably something I can scope with relative ease. I've narrowed it down to two that I am interested in. Can anyone with personal experience with either weigh in?

Options are:
>S&W M&P10
>PTR 91

I am an AR guy and love my two AR-15's, but lack of commonality between manufacturers when you move into .308 territory makes other options also appealing. I'm mostly concerned with ruggedness and reliability. I like to shoot cheap shit ammo because nice .308 is expensive. Brown bear is one of my favorites.

I'm leaning toward the PTR because I think it will be more reliable with steel case, but I have no way of really knowing for sure.

>Will the PTR eat steel case more reliably? Or are they about equal?

>Is the harsh recoil I've heard about in G3 clones legit? Would it be worse than a 6.5 lb AR-10 clone?

>Is the roller system maintenance intensive? I'm used to AR maintenance, and I don't think it's so bad, for comparison.

Input appreciated, pic unrelated.
>>
>bump 4 knowledge
>>
Really? Nobody?
>>
>>28319562
Most 4chan kids are poorfags. It really shows on boards that involve spending money, like /k/ /o/ and /g/
>>
>>28319805

This is what I get for wanting something that's not a nugget
>>
the closest you are going to get to standardization with the AR-10 are the DPMS rifles.
>>
>>28319805

Most of the really neat shit used to NOT be expensive. Oldfatgs know what I mean.
>>
File: PICT0106.jpg (923 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
PICT0106.jpg
923 KB, 2560x1920
>>28319282
I choose the S&W M&P 10 SKU:311314 I have had no problem with shooting steel case in this..I also using it to deer hunt with this year because of its18in barrel
>>
Mandatory AK shillpost
>>
File: AA9620ComingSoon_1200x3062.png (181 KB, 1200x306) Image search: [Google]
AA9620ComingSoon_1200x3062.png
181 KB, 1200x306
>>
>>28319282
I have a PTR. Shoots steel cased no problem. Accurate as fuck, I love it.
>>
File: e124-13.jpg (90 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
e124-13.jpg
90 KB, 540x405
You have 2 options.
>>
>>28319282
I was giving a lot of consideration into getting a PTR91. I noticed that over time Atlantic has been getting better with the their offerings what with the addition of the picatinny and now the paddle release. I'm going to wait a while to see if they offer the metal receivers standard before I buy one though.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.