[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I'm taking my CHL course next week. I've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2-CCWStandard[1].jpg (182 KB, 1197x642) Image search: [Google]
2-CCWStandard[1].jpg
182 KB, 1197x642
Hey /k/
I'm taking my CHL course next week. I've been playing around with positions to carry my handgun. Pic related seems to be the most comfy so far. What kind of pistol do you carry and in what position?

I'm going to carry a XD9 sub compact. It's the only pistol I currently own. Is anyone cc'ing full sized handguns?
>>
Wassup scrubs. Anyone here CC a g19?
>>
>>28319259
aiwb because I'm a small guy and the traditional spot in low ride skinny jeans sucks
>>
Once I get my work bonus in a few weeks I'm going submit the paperwork for my CC permit. I still need a holster, and I'm not sure how/where to wear my gun. It's a G19 like the fag I am, and it's just big enough that 3 o'clock is too bulgy, and appendix makes it impossible to sit. Does a holster help even out these areas when carrying, or do I need to just manage and practice?
>>
>>28319259
What state do you live in?
I'm in VA and did the Concealed carry institute "Class" and CC a G19, or a S&W Bodyguard 380.
Since we can CC or OC I don't give two shits about printing/showing in my hometown, but in the city I step down to the S&W and just toss it in my right pocket.
As for the G19, I just have a shit IWB and keep it at 4 under a work shirt/casual button down.
>>
Glock 19 at 4:00 in a raven vanguard 2
>>
>>28319498
>I don't give a shit about printing

You should, though. Not for the sake of soccer moms or legal reasons, but because of the purpose of CC'ing.
>>
>>28319437
>and appendix makes it impossible to sit

I'm pretty sure you can just wear your pants a bit higher to prevent this.
>>
>>28319533
I probably need to buy a size larger. I wear 33 or 34, and it fits without a holster perfectly, but it doesn't keep well with sitting and such, and I can't wear it on my hip at 3/9.
>>
>>28319549
Where do you live? Chances are if it's a cold area where you wear jackets/shirts you could just wear it owb at 3
>>
>>28319564
I live in Minnesota, and I usually wear a sports jacket when I go out, so I usually have something to cover it, but I don't really want to OC, just for the sake of concealment and ease.
>>
>>28319531
It only shows if i reach up high on tip toes, or slavsquat. Besides nobody cares, half the people in town wear Realtree 24/7 and the other half are methheads who wear realtree 24/7 kinda warranting carrying.
And with the unseasonably warm weather I can't break out the shoulder holster for the 1911.
I fucking love wearing a heavy jacket with a shoulder holster.
>>
>>28319571
If you have the money, consider just get something smaller like a 26 or even a 43. The 19 is relatively easy to carry. If you do get a good quality holster and belt, it helps a lot, I'm not that well versed in holsters so I can't help you there
>>
>>28319608
Yeah, $400 isn't something I can drop right now. I suppose I just need to research a good holster that helps spread out the profile and fit it well.
>>
File: 1440410704981.jpg (714 KB, 1490x838) Image search: [Google]
1440410704981.jpg
714 KB, 1490x838
>>28319645
look into some of these brands, I see them get mentioned from time to time
>raven concealment
>stealth gear
>bravo concealment
>hsp incog

I'm turning 21 in four months so I'm doing my own homework. Probably going to get a p239 but I live in miami and it might not work.
>>
How big are you g19 cc guys? Im 255 6'3" right now. Ima amerifat.
>>
File: img20151225_225041.jpg (1 MB, 2656x1494) Image search: [Google]
img20151225_225041.jpg
1 MB, 2656x1494
>>28319259
Colt new agent with a Versa max2 horse hide decanted pimp holster, pic semi related.
>>
>>28319972
5'9" 200lbs. Not too big, but a little bit big.
>>
Any of you punks ever use those Remora holsters? Thoughts?
>>
Ruger lc9 at 6 o'clock position or my 1911 on the shoulder if I have a big enough coat. Sometimes I open carry if in the woods and what not. I ride my horse caring the 1911 on trails a lot
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.