[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Won the lottery and turned 18
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x414
Hey guys I've browsed this board since I was 14, and on the 7th this month I turned 18. As such, I'm looking to grab a gun. In a stroke of luck I won 200 bucks on a dollar scratch ticket, so I was wondering if you guys had any decent suggestions? I've looked at the Polish Radoms, and a Tisas 1911. I'm not interested in a .22 because I've had a little Henry mini-bolt since I was little. Looking for under 400
>>
File: image.png (316 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
316 KB, 750x1334
Zastava m57
Nuff said
>>
You turned 18, its high time to start looking for a job, or join an apprenticeship, or apply to local state colleges/community college. Save up a bit and get yourself something nice, you don't exactly NEED a pistol right this minute.
>>
Taurus pt 92 or 99.
>Taurus

I know it's scary, but it's actually a Beretta M9, though the stock mags are shit.
>>
>>28317198
Anon, OP just won $200 in the lottery. At this rate he'll be raising the tides with all the pussy juice he'll be swimming in.

A man like that can't get a gun fast enough.
>>
>>28317198
Oh I know that. I've had a job for a while and got into a local college. I have a decent amount saved up, so I figured I might as well finally get myself something to keep myself content, and/or use in any given scenario. I figured hey, that lottery ticket was the third I ever bought, so it's like I got a little holiday bonus to spend
>>
>>28317187
you cant buy handguns yet if youre only 18.
>>
>>28317196
Definitely has crossed my mind, just not sure due to the ammo
>>28317207
Will look into
>>
>>28317227
You know anon that never even crossed my damn mind

Well

Uh

Well fuck. I was looking at all the laws, getting my license in February, but honestly I forgot that pistols weren't included in that

How about we change this to cheap rifles/shotguns
>>
>>28317253
i mean, if youre willing to go through the hassle you can always have a parent buy it and transfer it to you legally.
>>
OP, if you're scrimping pennies to buy a gun, how the hell are you going to afford ammo?

The Radom is a perfectly good pistol... by the standards of the 1930s.

Are you sure you can't save up $400-500 for a normal pistol? Or even $300, if you get a police trade-in?

Your first centerfire pistol should be 9mm, to save on ammo costs. If you decide later on that you want another caliber for whatever reason, then go for it.
>>
>>28317263
That might be a good idea. Both have a carry license so it shouldn't be any hassle for them to get anything
>>
>>28317253
you can buy a gun depending on your state at 18.
my state has long gun ownership from birth and handgun at 18 but federally you cannot put from an FFL until 21 but if your state allows handgun ownership at 18 you can get one through a face to face sale locally
>>
>>28317322
buy, not put
>>
>>28317294
Why don't use the money for food or rent and save the gun hobby for when you're making good money, shit's expensive man.
>>
>>28317187
Used glock 19
>>
>>28317294
Watch out for Abramski v. United States.

Under that ruling, your parents can give you a firearm as a gift, but they cannot BUY a firearm for the purpose of giving it to you as a gift. It was a bullshit ruling, but that's the state of the Supreme Court and the ATF right now.
>>
>>28317187
star brand

you can buy a CZ75 clone (possibly higher quality than from CZ) for 300
>>
>>28317234
The ammo is the only thing that kills the sweet sweet deal. If it wasn't for ammo costing 29cents a round it would be the perfect start up gun. Hopefully the ammo goes into mass production and goes cheap
>>
>>28317354
good to know, thank you
>>
>>28317227
I think that depends on the state. My buddy in FL owns and carries a Springfield XD
>>
>>28317380
you can buy one in a private sale but no store will sell you a handgun until 21
>>
>>28317234
You can get 9mm zavasta toks
>>
>>28317427
True. They have the m70a the same price but it's a 9mm
>>
PA-63?
>>
>>28317253
What state are you in anon? Depending on the laws of your state you can buy a handgun and own it legally if the transaction takes place at a gun show or private party. I'm 18 and own Makarov.
>>
File: 45acp in real time.webm (284 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
45acp in real time.webm
284 KB, 720x540
OP, take up a trade.

Use the money to buy yourself a cheap AR-15 (from PSA or S&W) in a month or two.

>>28317219
Don't go to uni, you utter faggot. It's a gigantic waste of money.
Unless you're doing a vocational degree like engineering, accounting or nursing.
>>
>>28317714
>Don't go to uni, you utter faggot. It's a gigantic waste of money.
I'm sorry your gender studies major & history minor didn't get you anywhere anon.
>>
>>28317862
I'm an engineer.
Something tells me that if you're living paycheck to paycheck to the point that a $200 lottery win is the difference between buying a gun and not, then you aren't going into engineering.
>>
>>28317862
>Unless you're doing a vocational degree like engineering, accounting or nursing

Try reading the whole comment dumbass.
>>
>>28317868
>I'm an engineer.
If that were true you'd be entirely unintelligible.
>>
>>28318013
Is there a meme which I'm missing here?
>>
>>28318096
>the meme is that he's retarded
>>
>>28318111
trips never lie
>>
File: StarSuperB-Right.jpg (33 KB, 450x319) Image search: [Google]
StarSuperB-Right.jpg
33 KB, 450x319
Star model b can be had for 250 and is a nice little shooter i keep one as my car gun
>>
>>28317196
I would go with the Romanian ttc ive heard some things about the m57s like mags are hard to find and that its not made the same as a standard tok but dont take my word for it because im not sure
>>
OP, go for a surplus handgun of reputable make and model.

>Peruse gunbroker to your heart's content and go for a listing which takes credit card payments (other methods of payment not worth the hassle).
>Suddenly your parent is sold on it and completes the transaction.
>(At least one second later) Oops, they decided they no longer want it and now present it as a gift to you!

This has been a guide on how to get by as a second-class citizen under the age of 21.

>>28318886
Literally garbage. Read any review.
>>
>>28318937
Do u own one
>>
>this thread
>Only one person bringing up the fact taht you need to be 21 to buy a handgun from a dealer
Wow its almost an entire thread full of nogunz
>>
>>28319021
>i've looked at the Polish Radoms, and a Tisas 1911

Op said hes looking at pistols you fucking retard
>>
>>28319021
Or rather people that don't encourage unconstitutional laws.

OP already said his parents are an option.
>>
>>28317187
Mavrick 88
>>
File: image002.jpg (21 KB, 443x357) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
21 KB, 443x357
>>28318937
Have owned a Star model BM for 3 years now and it's never jammed once. I'd trust my life to it before I would my Glock.
>>
>>28319201
Yea i have super b and ive only had a handful of jams because of a shit mag /k/ is full of people who complain about guns they have never used
>>
>>28317187
It is legal to have someone buy a handgun for you, but you can't buy one yourself. I would recommend a Hi-Point pistol. A Mosin-Nagant would be a good starter gun if you want something more powerful. I think you can still get them for a bit under $200.

>>28317196
My dad has a 9mm Norinco tokarev and i
>>
>>28319432
The 9mm tokarev is the most jammy gun ever. You get a FTE in almost every magazine. Thought it was the mag, but it does it with all of them.
>>
hi point nuff said
>>
>>28319201
>BM is same as Super B
Look up why the current run of imports is trash.
You can lead a horse to water...
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.