[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does H&K make such good handguns but piss poor rifles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 7h6X9GZ.jpg (615 KB, 2916x1944) Image search: [Google]
7h6X9GZ.jpg
615 KB, 2916x1944
why does H&K make such good handguns but piss poor rifles?
>>
Nigger what?
>>
>>28316926
The VP9 is a piece of trash
>>
>>28317115
The VP9 is fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (137 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137 KB, 1920x1080
>>28317129
Nigger you are high.
>>
>>28317155
its a great gun as long as you treat it like a princess
>>
>>28316926
HK products are either total slam dunks or complete fails.
>Roller locked guns: Slam dunk
>UMP: Trash
>G36: Trash
>MG4: Slam dunk
>USP: Slam dunk
>P7: Slam dunk
>P9: Trash
>>
>>28317174
Kek
>>28317183
What's wrong with the UMP? Does it have issues?
>>
>>28317183
>non-bundeswehr-issue G36
>trash
>>
>>28317183
>g36 trash
Mine wasnt
>>
They're very experimental, they were the first use polymer frames on pistols and pioneered caseless ammo. So naturally, some experiments aren't going to pan out while some will be redefining.

Lots of the time though, they just make normal shit.
>>
>>28317183
What about the mp5 or mp7? I like the design of the mp5.

g36 isn't that bad, what are you smoking? I would definitely say it's overpriced, but it's a good gun for a top-tier gun's price.

UMP seems like a cool idea, as they're basically modern Thompson smgs. Also, when I've seen guards and police using them, they seem compact as fuck, maybe moreso than any smg/pdw I've seen that doesn't fall into true machine pistol territory. What's wrong with them that makes them trash?
>>
>>28317349
>What about the mp5 or mp7? I like the design of the mp5.

He said roller locked guns. That covers the MP5

as for MP7. It shoots and odd round caliber. 4.6mm IIRC
>>
I guess y'all forgot the HK416?
>>
>>28317422
Glorified AR-15
>>
>>28317349
Mp5 is breddy gud. Its literal only downside is HK wants milled gun money for a stamped gun.

Mp7 is a good design screwed by a retarded round thats also doubly screwed by nobody using it in its intended role--machine pistol sidearm, not primary long gun.

UMP was a bad design. Horrendous recoil from being a straight blowback gun, frame that cracks routinely at low round counts, and a uselessly low rof.
>>
>>28317183
>P9
>Trash
You fucking what?
>>
>>28317444
That doesn't make it trash. It might actually be a less cost-prohibitive gun, depending on which country you're from.
>>
>>28317459
UMP has a closed-bolt system. It's reliable, accurate, and controllable in semi-auto, with still the option of full-auto.

Maybe using supercharged .45 smg rounds would cause frame cracking, but I doubt that modern +P .45s would do that, and those are still incredibly effective out of the longer barrel and closed-bolt.

Straight blowback isn't that bad in a handgun round, you big babby. Spoiler alert: the G3 is still blowback, albeit roller-delayed. It's manageable in a .308. I think you can handle the .45 acp
>>
>>28317504
Its not the caliber producing the recoil, its the 3.2lb block of steel slamming back and forth because it isnt a roller delayed system.

Despite weighing less and shooting a higher recoil round, the mp5/10 10mm has both less muzzle rise and perceived recoil than the UMP.

While yes, modern jhp .45 probably wont cause frame cracking, it was an issue when the UMP first came out.
>>
>>28317183

>typical CoD sperg
>>
>>28317183
>MG-4: slam dunk
Yeah, but they didn't design it, they just make it.
>>
I loved the feel of the VP9, I've never fired a pistol as well as I did when I rented one and tried it out. But I want a gun that's a little more durable, do the USP and P30 act similar to the vp9? I'm looking for the closest thing to it.
>>
File: 1420207721753.jpg (14 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
1420207721753.jpg
14 KB, 600x350
>>28317183
>Roller locked guns: Slam dunk

this tbqh
>>
>>28317412
It's an not and you dumb fuck
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.