[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It seems like almost everyone's worried about an orwellian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: 524754.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
524754.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
It seems like almost everyone's worried about an orwellian future that they're probably forgetting about a huxleyan one. /k/, how would you combat a Brave New World?
>>
>>28310429
look around motherfucker, we don't need to worry about THAT

The Gov is going full jackboots right fucking now and they've already taken plenty of measures to make sure we don't bliss ourselves into subservience, like the creation of the DEA
>>
>>28310429
>brave new world
Theyre already breeding the next generation of deltas in Flint, Michigan.
>>
File: baka-ass mofo.jpg (41 KB, 480x622) Image search: [Google]
baka-ass mofo.jpg
41 KB, 480x622
That book was one of the most retarded, unrealistic, contrived images of a dystopian future I had ever seen.

Even fucking Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell is more realistic than that dumbfuck rag.
>>
Huxleyian new world can be dealt with using self discipline, just have a checklist to make sure what you're doing isn't degenerate.

Would probably mean leaving 4chan though
>>
>>28310429
It's going to be a multi-cultural utopia of tolerance and peace you shitlord lord racist bigoted cis-het white man fucking CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE OR WE'LL DESTROY YOUR FUCKING LIFE IS BASELESS ACCUSATIONS.
>>
>>28310429
By taking more Soma
>>
>>28311086
>dystopian
did you even read the book
the whole point is that a utopia is pretty much just as bad as a dystopia because in a utopia everyone likes being enslaved.
>>
>>28311156

>utopia is pretty much just as bad as a dystopia

That's why I called it a dystopia. Because it is one thinly disguised as a utopia.

And in an absolutely asinine plot to boot.
>>
>>28310429
Let's see
Radfems= red ribbon brigade
Only white people are racist = we have always been...
Wake up fucktard, we are full 1984 .
Merry Christmas faggots.
>>
>>28310459

Flint resident here.

Im holed up.
>>
>>28311181
what was so asinine about it?
>>
>>28311204
This tbqh. We're in the early stages of a dystopian society. Hell CISA just got passed in that OMINUS or whatever budget bill. We already live in a surveillance state. We already report neighbors for bullshit. We already have government agencies stripping away kids from their parents for bullshit. We already have the normalization of homosexuality and trans-whatever-ism. They're literally trying to make it possible for parents to force their kids to take androgen blockers to stop puberty. How much more dystopian can you get? The guns will be the last thing they'll come for and by then they'll have feminism mainstream culture so much that almost no one will lift a finger against it.
>>
>>28310429
>how would you combat a Brave New World?
by reproducing naturally?
>>
>>28311204
merry christmas mothafucka
>>
>>28311222

If society is enslaved and perfectly controlled by being selectively bred and drugged into special castes, why would you allow a society of natural-born, sober humans to flourish and operate in the desert with access to philosophy, culture, and all the ancient texts on war and combat? It's like you want your utopia invaded and overthrown by people who aren't mindless clones.

How can soma do so many different things, like be both an aphrodisiac and a sedative by simply changing whether or not you aerosolize it, distill it, mix with gum, or powder into pills?

If humans are genetically modified as fetuses to have a very specific, rigid set of characteristics, and all eggs and sperm are bottled and combined mechanically, why would you leave the ability to become pregnant or fertilize an egg active in living Alphas and Betas? Instead of wearing a mandated-by-law belt of contraceptives just sterilize everyone.

The concept of castes to begin with. I don't know what the political climate was at the time of the book's writing but today SJWs, feminazis, BLM, and fucking everyone else would call the idea of separating people into castes bigotry and racism/sexism/ableism and make sure it never passed. Today's political climate is all about taking inadequate, stupid people and forcibly injecting them into careers and venues they are not cut out for in the name of "equality"

To modern libtards, not melting all people both stupid and smart into an autistic melting pot of boring averageness is akin to fascism.
>>
File: muh dick.png (703 KB, 1877x955) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.png
703 KB, 1877x955
>>28311305
>mfw in 50 years they force mandatory androgen blockers until they're legally an adult and by then it'll be almost impossible for males to go through puberty healthily.
This is EXACTLY the plan. Have NO natural males and few females and make the populace dependent on medical science to reproduce. I can bet you though the wealthiest of the rich won't have to undergo the same processes though.
>>
>>28311218
Don't drink the tap water
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>28311321
Love youfaggot,
>>28311331
Yep, thanks for typing out that list. You said everything I wanted to but the arthritis is bad tonight.
>>
>>28311331
because the nigga was writing it in the thirties and eugenics was still seen as something that made sense.
>>
Fuck... I >28311462 meant to quote >>28311299
Also dubs have finally been checked
Though I have to admit that this anon has a spectacularly well cut jib.
>>
>>28311495
Drinking again uncle Billy? Just don't take me out to the garage to show me anything again pls.
>>
File: image.jpg (109 KB, 704x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109 KB, 704x533
>tfw alpha minus
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 600x750
>>28311337
Pretty much glad I will die by 2060, maybe 2070 if lucky. Fuck this gay earth. Never giving up my guns. Maylone Lahvey you fuckin cocksuckers

Seriously think about how terrible this place (Earth) will be by like the year 2200. Nightmare fuel.
>>
>>28311503
Even if I was a kiddie fucker what makes you think I would want to fuck you worn out daddy loving asshole? . Now tell yourmom to hurry up SaigaMarine...my dick is waitinfg for her whore throat.
>>
File: 4V1ti346t.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
4V1ti346t.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>28310429
>tfw no vritual helmet sex gf
>>
>>28310429
We are already there.
Weed, television, videogames, comfy house == pacification methods.

Why would you get up early to go ambush a convoy when you can play call of duty while smoking weed all day?
>>
File: ectogenesis.jpg (88 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ectogenesis.jpg
88 KB, 640x480
>>28311337
>I can bet you though the wealthiest of the rich won't have to undergo the same processes though.
that depends
if your a rich female do you want to deal with the hassle of carrying a child to term and the ordeal of child birth? so, you'd take your egg and put it in the machine with the sperm
if you're a rich guy you might do the same; find a desirable filly and buy her egg for your child
i think though, men being men and women being women, there will emerge a niche market for 'breeder' women
top of the line women of natural smarts and beauty
men will bid for them to provide them a 'natural' birth heir
once they've birthed a few they'll sell their remaining eggs and retire
>>
>>28311477
The only reason the US doesnt have at least 30% more shitbags is eugenics and planned parenthood
>>
>>28311331
You just demonstrated how little attention you pay to reality
>>
>>28311723
Underage b&
>>
>>28311331
They're carefully controlled. The "savages" live within a reservation, walled by some giant fuck-off electric fence several hundred feet high if I recall correctly. I think I remember the Delta the took two of the main characters over laughing about how the "savages" occasionally fry themselves if they try and escape. Plus gas bombs if they get unruly on a large scale which was said to be horrendously affective.
But why keep them there? Curiosity and as a warning most likely. A warning that if the citizens of society were to stray from the path, if they had strange notions of liberty and an alternative way of doing things, only filth and squalor would would meet them. And as we were told in the books, they're illiterate, so its unlikely they're going to make much head way into 'The Art of War'

Could be an umbrella term, rather than simply saying 'drugs'?

They're not genetically modified as such, it's eugenics and indoctrination. Sperm and eggs are taken from healthy, intelligent people and made to produce batches of healthy and smart children for the upper castes, and less intelligent donars for the lower ones. Then there us the way they are developed, optimal nutrition and environmental factors for the fetuses and infants for the Alphas and mostly for the Betas, Deltas and Epsilons.. Not so much. They stund their growth with alcohol and radiation, premature birth etc. I don't recall any genetic splicing and creating children that are infertile would not only be a lot harder to do(this is fiction written in the 1930s remember) but also be counter productive as good genes are always wanted. Whats-her-face was talking about donating her eggs in the first chapter she was introduced(Bernards GF that is)

We're already seeing the so-called progressives go full horse shoe and start declaring "safe spaces" for minorities only. We're seeing the beginning of separate but equal again except with white men at the bottom.
>>
>>28311331
>>28312509

Ultimately you seem to have both barely read the book, and demonstrate the you missed the entire point of the book. It is not ment to be a prediction. It is not "This IS EXACTLY how the world will be!". This is a warning what our strive for perfection and happiness, our " everyone is a winnar, have a participation trophey" mentality will get us, taken to the extreme to help make a better and more interesting story. Written of course, in the 1930s.
>>
>>28312509
this is also why the educated savage they rescue goes crazy, because he only has access to a book about shakespeare, and thus can't deal with the new age sleeping around with drugs society.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 346x250
>>28311086
Fuck you
>>
>>28310429
darpas working on straight up mind control right now, what combat?
>>
>>28311477
...implying it doesnt....
>being some "all gods children" faggot who'd still want people to be forced to produce a kid with prader-willi who'll be almost nothing but a complete drag
>>
By the nine divines, you faggots either have no reading comprehension whatsoever or got your information by reading a two sentence synopsis of the book. You're missing the whole point of the book and the subtleties hide in the story/world. If any of you mongs had an IQ higher than a fucking Epsilon tier pleb you might understand this.
>>
>>28310429
>It seems like almost everyone's worried about an orwellian future that they're probably forgetting about a huxleyan one.

Pic related.
>>
File: timmypinecone.jpg (44 KB, 387x573) Image search: [Google]
timmypinecone.jpg
44 KB, 387x573
>>28313729
stfu /lit
go back to stirner posting you spook
>>
>>28313773
> mah nigga
>>28313775
have fun being pacified via overindulgence faggot
>>
>>28313773
Noce way to think about the dichotomy between the two, but I don't think Orwell was too far off the mark either. Today's world can be seen as occupying a middle ground synthesizing elements of both which makes sense as the books were depicting two extremes.
>>
>>28311139
This. I welcome this future.
>>
File: spookyspooky.png (83 KB, 319x750) Image search: [Google]
spookyspooky.png
83 KB, 319x750
>>28313796
yeah, cause if it weren't for grocery stores I'd be waging jihad right now
>>
>>28312537
Sounds like he read the book a hell of a lot better than you did
>>
>>28313808
you wouldn't know a brick if it hit you in the face, and then merged into your being to join your consciousness
>>
>>28313822
pfft hahahaha
are you mad not everyone is a warmongering faggot
>>
>>28313830
are you serious?

you can't even understand what I said about you not being able to understand the book?

this is ridiculous
> never go full retard
>>
>>28311331
I often end up thinking back to the short story "Harrison Bergeron" from my Middle School English class when considering society today. The push for equality at all costs leads to policies that handicap those who would otherwise be far more successful.
>>
>>28313851
overindulgence is not pacifying me from grievances and malcontent
what, is everyone supposed to burn down everything like a bunch of niggers because they dont like what their taxes are spent on?
>>
>>28310429
>Take another gramme
Blue Pill Station here I come!
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.