[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time poster here interested in CC. Only to scare someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
First time poster here interested in CC. Only to scare someone off if I absolutely had to of course. What is a good way of knowing if it's worth it? Is there a check-list that covers the basics or questions I should ask myself first? Thanks
>>
>>28309234
Given what you just wrote, CC is not for you.
>>
Don't carry a gun if you're going to bank on someone getting scared off when you draw it. You'll wind up getting hurt or killed that way.
>>
>>28309264
k
>>
>>28309234
You draw a gun on someone and not shoot but to intimidate them, it's a good chance they'll come find your ass next time and shoot you dead, cuz nobody likes to have a gun pointed at them no matter the size of the gun.
>>
>>28309234
>Only to scare someone off if I absolutely had to of course.
If you don't have the balls to actually shoot someone don't buy a gun.
>>
>>28309234
Yup. Perfect video here lad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-Djb8JSPXU
>>
>>28309234
cc'ing to scare someone off is going to get you arrested or shot.
>>
>>28309234
You don't deserve to carry a firearm you unbalanced piece of shit. You don't pull your CCW to scare people off.

You draw your CCW to end a threat, where said threat is trying to kill or seriously hurt you. If you draw to scare someone, don't be surprised if you get rushed and fucking killed.

You also pull a gun to scare someone, be prepared to get fucked in the ass by the police.
>>
Don't you do it op. I'll beat the shit out of you. Get peppery spray or tazemebro instead.
>>
A pistol is not a torch that scares away robbers/threats like skeletons in a fucking dungeon. This is not Hollywood. This isn't a movie.

You point a gun with intent to stop an attacker with force. Death may be a consequence.

What the fuck if they call your bluff? You gonna have the balls to not get killed cause you drew on Tyrone and weren't prepared to stop the mugging? The mugging just became a lethal stabbing. You're in a hole. Your mom is crying. Tyrone has a new piece that probably has never been fired before.
>>
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SHUT THE FUCK UP GODDAMN YOU ALL SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF REDDIT AND TUMBLR USERS BITCHING GODDAMN AND OP GET THE FUCKING GUN AND USE IT WHEN SOMEONE IS GOING TO TRY AND HURT YOU AND DON'T FUCKING LISTEN TO THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES JESUS FUCKING CHRIST I JUST BASHED MY OWN HEAD WITH MY FUCKING FISTS BECAUSE Y'ALL PISSED ME OFF!!!
>>
>>28310724
What?
>>
>>28310724
K.
>>
>>28309234
>>28310724

Kill yourself my man
>>
christmas bait is best tasting bait
>>
>>28309234
Please to god don't own a gun.
>>
Should I have said "so I can kill those them filthy niggers on sight"?

I thought it was implied that I'd fired if I had to, but ok. I didn't want to come across as eager to fire. But since y'all getting your panties in a twist. Holy shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x522) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x522
>>28311750
Well its against the law to branish a gun.

And depending per state, you can go to jail depending the situation, if you shoot someone.

>Its fucking huge responsibility.
You could fucking end up in jail.
Or who knows.
Learn, and read. And see your states laws.
Oh and criminals can and will call the police on you. If you legit stop them from robbing you and you show your gun to them. ( "some random dude pulled a gun on me!" )
>>
>>28311858
Better to be mugged at knife point again then. My life is less valuable than potentially breaking a law.
>>
If you are pulling out your gun.. you better be intended on using. Before the other guy does.
Your bait is delicious.
>>
>>28312008
OP, go to a gunstore and check out what they have. Come back here and give us a list of the guns you held and which ones you like. Your question is to vague, people are bit ching about the only part of the text they can actually understand.
>>
>>28312067
>Your question is to vague

"How do I know if CC is right for me?" is vague? Am I not speaking English? Seems straightforward to me. That's all I want to know. Maybe I worded it awkwardly.
>>
>>28312132
I think my "scare someone off" comment triggered /k/ and I understand why. It was a dumb comment and isn't what anyone who owns a gun should believe.
>>
>>28312228
Yeah, lets get past that now. You need to find a pistol you're comfortable with carrying, get your Concealed Carry license (if applicable), get a good comfortable holster, and practice frequently. You should be aware of recent case law, as well as the laws of your state regarding use of lethal force and self defense. If you're jumpy, or buying a gun because you're scared (which is different from concerned) then a gun is not for you.

A lot of people have been carrying small single stack 9mm pistols because they conceal easily. I have a Ruger LC9s, but the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is very popular, as is the Glock 43. You should go to a gun store and hold them to see which fits your hand best and ensure you can reach all the controls. Then perhaps rent them if possible, to see which is most comfortable to shoot.

Concealed Carry Licensing, and the short class required to get a license, only ensures that you're not a danger to those around you. It doesn't show that you're competent with your firearm or that you'll make good decisions under stress.

Any questions on specifics?
>>
>>28312366
Thanks.

A couple...
In what scenarios should I actually carry a firearm? I'd assume at home, in my car when at work (can't and wouldn't want to carry at work) and on me when traveling?

Speaking of traveling; Do CC licenses carry over to other states when visiting or moving? What about flying?

There's so many gun shops in my state of Florida. How do I know which one to go to? How do I know good advice from bad or useless?
>>
>>28309234

If you're not prepared to kill when you draw, don't get a gun you dumb shit. You'll wind up getting yourself killed or worse.
>>
>>28312489
Good job reading the thread. Really up to date post you got there.
>>
File: index.jpg (8 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
8 KB, 220x229
>>28310689

>Tyrone
>calling my bluff
>>
>>28312494

No worries, with this post here:

>>28312512

you'll be glad to know I finally read the thread.
>>
>>28309234
>Only to scare someone off if I absolutely had to

Don't buy a gun, please. Definitely don't CC. How you think it would work is not how it works.
>>
>>28312469
Just typed out a long response and lost it.

Basically, carry as much as you can. You want to be prepared for whatever happens, and that means always being prepared. Picking and choosing when you're carrying is a bad idea, and you will likely not have your firearm when you need it. Most people don't carry their gun in their own home, but have it in an accessible location. If you have other people in the house, you should probably lock it up at night or when it's out of your sight. They make safes that fit in nightstand drawers that open with a fingerprint.

Moving and flying and travelling is complicated. Different states recognize different states' licenses. You should check to see which states have reciprocity with florida. If you'll be traveling a lot, you should take a class that gets you a CCL in multiple states to maximize where you can carry. Of course, some states only recognize their own licenses, so you're out of luck there.

I can't give you any suggestions for gun shops in florida. For advice, get a gun in .380, 9mm, or .38 Special. Make sure it's small and light. You can't go wrong with the guns I mentioned in the last post, they're very well regarded. I'd say generally you shouldn't need the advice of others. Handgun ergonomics are subjective, as is comfort. Some brands of holsters tend to be more comfortable than others, but I don't have experience there so I won't recommend any. Don't be pressured into buying lasers or lights or grips or something like that. You shouldn't need anything more than I've mentioned here, really. Practicing is the most important part. You shouldn't be carrying at all until you're comfortable with the gun and confident in handling it. Practice with cheap ammo, carry nice ammo. Nice ammo isn't cheap, but you won't be shooting it a lot so don't cheap out. Maybe someone here has suggestions for good ammo, but I've generally heard Gold Dots and Hydrashok recommended.

Anything else?
>>
>>28312607
>Most people don't carry their gun in their own home, but have it in an accessible location.
My bad, that's what I meant. I'm thinking a small lockbox by my nightstand. Somewhere accessible in the unlikely but worst case scenario.

No, I think that'll do it unless there's anything else you think I should know. I'll call around in a couple days.
>>
>>28312650
Of course, glad to be of help. Good luck finding a gun that fits your needs. Maybe try to find joy in shooting as well, because it can be fun too.
>>
File: 1448359171857.gif (2 MB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
1448359171857.gif
2 MB, 659x609
>>28310689
I dream of it. It's been a fantasy of mine since I had an experience at a guard post where I aimed in and took my safety off. Black guy stood there like I was crazy. He was acting like I wasn't going to do anything. I was in my right, because it was my job. I was justified. I'd already issued my warnings, and I just stood there praying he went for the door again. I dreamed of it for a week straight. I still occasionally dream of situations like that. I wanted it more than I've ever wanted anything.
I WISH A NIGGA WOULD.
>>
>>28309234
buy a realistic looking toy gun.
>>
>>28312607
Not this guy, but also test your carry ammo out to make sure your problem solver of choice works reliably with it.

You don't want the first time you find out a certain brand of JHP doesn't feed well to be during a cultural enrichment activity.
>>
File: giphy.gif (380 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
380 KB, 500x375
>>28312469
speaking of retards like you i know a guy that carriers a bb pistol to scare people if he was getting robbed

>anon you carry it with the bullet ready to shoot?
>why dont you put the clip in when something happens isnt it safer that way?
because you dont always have the opportunity to rack the slide when shit goes down
>well i know martial arts anyways so i dont even need it really

another guy says to him, doesnt it make you nervous having a gun at home with kids?
>no because i just put the clip in whenever something happens

i chime in
>teach your kids gun safety and never to fuck with your stuff. if theyre too dumb to figure this out and end up killing themselves by accident, you nipped a bigger problem in the bud

both look at me like, wtf?
>>
>>28309250
Reported for advertising
>>
Go take a basic gun safety class first. It's worth three money to a complete noob

Then take three cwp class

Then purchase a gun

I'm probably getting baited here, but education is key to protect yourself physically and legally
>>
>>28310617
RIP Senor Barry
>>
>>28315394
>Hey guys, buy my entire stock cause the government and thieves are coming for you and your family! No seriously, they'll fucking rape and kill them in front of your eyes. You're not safe!
>omg rip seno barry so brave what a great and humble man!

Fuckin' christ.
>>
>>28309234
Only aim gun at something/ someone you are ready to kill. So as many anons have said earlier; it's CC is not really for you.
Just let them rob you and file a report later.
>>
>>28310724
Cry moar faggot
>>
>>28315092
>Speaking of retards
>put the clip in when something happens
>Put the Clip in
>the CLIP
>clip
Christ this better be a troll. Comes in here to talk shit on some noguns trying to learn and fucks up on something that simple.
>>
File: 87678.jpg (55 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
87678.jpg
55 KB, 500x667
>>28309264
>>28309250

never lived in atlanta or shithole confirmed.

i'm not saying brandishing a firearm is the right choice, but sometimes letting niggers know that you are armed is a great deterrent, just make sure they dont know where you live or you will get your door kicked in by montana of 300 when you're visiting family out of state.
>>
>>28310724
Fag
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.