[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carry Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1449680000880.jpg (319 KB, 900x413) Image search: [Google]
1449680000880.jpg
319 KB, 900x413
I want to get a carry gun. I've narrowed it down to

Colt Mustang pocketlite(.380)
or
S&W 686+ with 3inch barrel(.357mag)

I find good reviews on both, both hold same amount of rounds, both are gorgeous and at least have a capable caliber of cartridge.

The only gun I own is a S&W Model 19-3 with a 4 inch barrel and don't really know what holding a small gun is like. They have Mustangs at my local gun range but I have yet to find a 686.

(secretly I think i'll get both and carry the mustang in my nice clothes and the 686 in my jeans/work clothes)

What do y'all think?
>>
>>28308529
Apples and oranges, lad. And besides, why won't you just carry the 19-3?
>>
>>28308544
I've been tempted to. The 4 inch barrel makes it a bit hard to carry in a waistband. Not to mention its a bit heavy(although I don't mind). I'm sure a good leather holster would help. I think I just want something a bit more portable.
>>
>686
>Small
Yeah nah, L frames aren't too small. Go with a J frame if you want a carry gun or at most a 3" k frame.

Also
>.357 mag
>3 inch barrel
U wot m8? Have fun with harsh recoil and massive muzzle flash. Just stick to .38s or .38 +ps.
>>
>>28308586
You know, 686 won't be any lighter and one inch doesn't make that much of a difference.
There's no reason to buy a new gun that's already so similar to the one you own. Get the Mustang then if you're so hell bent on it, although I would recommend a Glock 19 sized compact in 9mm.
>>
>>28308529
If you buy some smaller grips for the 19, you should be fine. I've got a set that was mark for a J-frame on mine, and it made carrying it a lot easier.
>>
>>28308529
>19-3 inna shoulder holster
>Mustang in waistand or ankle holster
become the 70's police movie hero /k/ deserves
>>
File: k.jpg (707 KB, 2840x1790) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
707 KB, 2840x1790
Can someone post the "Home Defense on a Budget" infographic?
>>
File: 1445284600945.jpg (4 MB, 3900x5008) Image search: [Google]
1445284600945.jpg
4 MB, 3900x5008
>>28311617
Dis?
>>
>>28308529
The fuck is wrong with you? Don't get a colt pocket gun, you'll have it fail on you and you'll die.
>>
>>28311225
Not just the 70s. There was a great Raymond Chandler story that featured a guy with that rig. (Well, not that exact rig. It was the 20s, those guns hadn't been invented yet.).

(And here it is: http://www.ae-lib.org.ua/texts-c/chandler__nevada_gas__en.htm)
>>
>>28311715
>not recommending Glock M&P or any of sig's decent guns like the 320 when they're only like 50 dollars more than the cheap shit you posted
>putting gimmick handguns like the Century pistol AK as legitimate home defense options
>not recommending decent hollowpoints
2/10 list
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.