[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is that almost every battle on the eastern front resulted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: battle of kursk.png (131 KB, 321x1312) Image search: [Google]
battle of kursk.png
131 KB, 321x1312
why is that almost every battle on the eastern front resulted in more russian casualties than kraut?

how did the entire command structure not get purged all over again with this bullshit happening all the time?
>>
Germans had radios
>>
>>28305734
Rus a shit.
#GoldenHorde4Lyfe
>>
>>28305734
1) Germany had a well trained and well equipped standing military, at least for the first 4 years of WW2

2) The USSR had poorly equipped, poorly trained, too old and too young conscripts.

3) The USSRs military philosophy was give every man five bullets and every other man a gun, and when someone with a gun dies one of the others picks it up and keeps shooting.

4) A combination of 1 and 2, coupled with crippling purges of the high USSR military (trading competence for loyalty) led to a complete disregard for human life yielding point 3.

5) All together, the only possible outcome was casualties on a horrific scale.
>>
>>28305765
>3) The USSRs military philosophy was give every man five bullets and every other man a gun, and when someone with a gun dies one of the others picks it up and keeps shooting.

Are you stupid?
>>
File: cat1.png (160 KB, 270x264) Image search: [Google]
cat1.png
160 KB, 270x264
>>28305765
>3) The USSRs military philosophy was give every man five bullets and every other man a gun, and when someone with a gun dies one of the others picks it up and keeps shooting.
>>
>>28305734
Only 1:3 ratio though, that was pretty good for the time.
>>
>>28305765
But the russian military got alot better by 43.

The main reason I think is, its commanders didnt care about casualties.
>>
>>28305734
They were attacking hardened German positions, any attacking force normally loses more then a defensive one with prepared emplacements and preplanned knowledge of the terrain.

Also a LOAD of Germans surrendered in the end when they were losing so that's kind of important.

The Russians went from losing a quarter of their huge ass country to conquering half of europe. That's the biggest land invasion ever.
>>
>>28305734
Stalin purging his leadership, again, would have been the second dumbest move to do. The first being purging his leadership the first time.

Why is this a thread? You could pretty much Google the question.
>>28305765

Nice meme.
>>
>>28305734
USSR was using the one resource it had in abundance: people. They would rather (and gave orders to the effect) that soldiers died where they stood rather than retreat, regroup, and counterattack. Add that to poor or nonexistent materiel, especially during the early years, just made the problem worse.

And the command structure was repeatedly purged, preventing leaders from gaining experience.
>>
>>28305809
my grandfather moved to the AK partisans foghting in eastern Poland. He told me of coming upon numerous battle sites in 1944 where there were a number of German machine gun nests that had been overrun by Soviet troops. He said the carnage was staggering. Hundreds of dead Soviet troops piled up in front of a machine gun nest with a half-dozen dead Germans. The machine gun was either jammed, or out of ammo. He said it appeared the Soviets just used the force of manpower to advance.
>>
>>28305809
>Hi, I know literally nothing about WW2 history, but I will post like I do anyway!
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 640x1136
>>28305734
Its like that in every war that the vatniks fight in
>>
because time is blood
>>
>>28305824

Wladyslaw more like vladislav amirite?
>>
File: BagrationMap2.jpg (527 KB, 1256x956) Image search: [Google]
BagrationMap2.jpg
527 KB, 1256x956
>>28305818
Funny how they ended with 1:2 casualty ratio despite dying in hundreds while charging machine gun nests.
>>
>>28305818
>>28305765

> I watched enemy at the Gates and now am WW2 expert Xdddddd
>>
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 594x996) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 594x996
>>28305933
Polack =/= Russki
>>
>>28305787
>They were attacking hardened German positions

This is blatantly false for almost the entirety of the war.

Look at OPs image for example where the Soviets were on the defense and at Kursk had months to prepare the area and loaded the area with guns and minefields and STILL lost more men and material than the Germans.
>>
>>28306158
>This is blatantly false for almost the entirety of the war.
Considering Soviets staged major counteroffensives even in 1941, and since 1943 was almost always pushing Germans back, I don't know just what kind of idiocy could drive anyone to believe that for the entirety of the war the Soviets were defending prepared positions.
>>
>>28305734
You realize that the war was more than just wiki battles right? There was low-level fighting going on all the time, it wasn't just big battles with nothing going on inbetween them. It's during those constant skirmishes when most of the time the Nazis lost more men then the Soviets.

>>28305765

You need to be over 18 to post on 4chan, you retarded cunt.
>>
>>28306186
>that for the entirety of the war

Literally not even said.

Try harder next time.
>>
>>28305734
zerg rushes.
>>
>>28305734
There's a reason why they got rid of the nugget ASAP at the end of the war
>>
>>28305734
>russia
>tactics
>>
>>28305775
>>28305777
>>28305805
>>28306041
>>28306191
>getting assblasted but not providing any refuting sources
>>
>>28306991
that which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
>>
>>28306991
>The earth is flat
But that's wrong, faggot.
>Nuh-uh, you just mad you're following mainstream lies. Where are your CREDIBLE sources to refute my point?

This is how stupid you sound.
>>
>>28305734
Inferior tactics
Inferior command
Inferior troops
Inferior training
Inferior equipment
Inferior people

That's how.
>>
>>28307326
or you could try disproving him
>>
>>28308859

Or he could try using common sense.
>>
>>28305824
Poland isn't the best example though.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Poland
>>
>>28311431
You'd be surprised, the Polish-Soviet War was so embarrassing for the Russians that they practically tried to erase it from their history
>>
Russia had a surplus of man power.

Large numbers of casualties were acceptable.
>>
>>28305765
>shitposting with reckless abandon
>>
>purges/bad leadership in the beginning
>caught way off guard, Stalin literally refused to acknowledge the blitzkrieg was happening in the opening days
>attackers usually lose more men then defenders when attacking hardened positions
>Germans were an effective fighting force they were better equipped and better at defending then the japs stationed in Manchuria for example (command wise not individual)
>>
>>28311463
My point that there were two, and the later (1939) was a complete upside-down case of the first one (1920's) with Poland being steamrolled.
>>
>>28305734
>worse leadership
>worse industry
>worse government
>worse society
>inferior people

Is pretty much what it boils down to. But they still won thanks to having massive manpower reserves, a tremendous helping hand from America, and Hitlers micromanagement
>>
File: kursk.jpg (23 KB, 228x346) Image search: [Google]
kursk.jpg
23 KB, 228x346
>>28305765
>>28305734
>>28306225
>>28306941
>>28308040
>>28311540

The Wehrmacht really was "that good".
is it so hard to believe?
>>
>>28311625
Have on on their Jadgtigers. Good read, hows this one?
>>
File: bullet smiley D.jpg (100 KB, 461x461) Image search: [Google]
bullet smiley D.jpg
100 KB, 461x461
>>28305765
I love how everyone is trying to call bullshit on point #3 but can't say anything about the others.
>>
>>28311921

That's because, apart from point #3, it's all true.

And #3 was caused by the Red Army being right in the middle of a reorganization when Barbarossa happened, leading to things like units being equipped with brand new T-34s not having any ammo or replacement parts because they were still being shipped to the army warehouses.
>>
>>28311517
>attackers usually lose more men then defenders when attacking hardened positions

See op where soviet state were defending and STILL lost more men and material. Or the years where the sockets were on the defensive and got their shit pushed in.
>>
>>28311921
Why would people try to call bullshit on points they don't disagree with?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.