[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, here is my situation; I recently got a promotion and will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: 51KgWcirI9L.jpg (38 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
51KgWcirI9L.jpg
38 KB, 500x354
Okay, here is my situation; I recently got a promotion and will now have a higher base salary. This job is the kind where it is possible to make enemies, dangerous ones, due to the decisions you make, and I have. I have 3 dogs for protection/guard. A two year old Dobie, and a Rotty and German Shepard both five years. I also am getting ADT. Now that I have this higher pay, I'm wondering if I should buy a gun for extra protection, and if so which should I buy. If I do decide to get a gun I was thinking a Glock .357 Sig, but are my dogs enough? New York State Resident if that helps.
>>
fuck you pig
>>
>>28303402
Yes, buy a gun. Multiple guns. And learn how to use them. Given your situation you MAY be able to get a license to CC so there's that to think about.
>>
>>28303416
Hey, that's not cool
You don't know him or her
>>
>>28303426

fuck off bootlicker
>>
>>28303402
Trade all three dogs for bull mastiffs.
Then get at least one pistol and one long-gun (rifle or shotgun).
>>
>>28303402
report Mafia posts
hide Mafia threads
spaghetti dindus not welcome
etc etc
>>
OP here, I'm a senior probation officer and there have been several gang members and a couple dealers I've had to decline one saying in particular that I should "watch out" he currently has 5 more years now.
>>28303426
he
>>
>>28303450
See >>28303436
>>
>>28303402
In seriousness though, dogs are not really going to do fuck-all against someone that really means to hurt you. A Glock 31 or 20 will help, also look into purchasing some lightweight body armor if that's legal there and and option for you.
>>
>>28303453
Dogs are there for intimidation, but I trained them to attack anyway, I got a friend in the K9 unit and I asked him to put my Rotty and German Shephard through the training.
>>
>>28303402
Another option would be a S&W 327 revolver - lightweight scandium and 8 rounds of .357 Magnum which will put some serious hurt on anything you hit. Besides, they're just cool.
>>
File: 1900.jpg (234 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
1900.jpg
234 KB, 800x448
first off I suggest lurking this shithole of a forum, because 900 different assholes are going to say 900 different things.
It's like asking car guys their opinion on cars, each one is going to tell you something a bit different and it's up to you to aggregate all the data and weed out the options that won't work for you.
Your situation is unique, for certain, especially because you live in NY which is absolutely garbage tier for guns. If you lived in a free state and didn't intend to pack the firearm around with you I would suggest an ar-15 as it is quite capable for the task.
Your options are more limited though because the AR-15 that you can get is going to be horribly neutered.
What I would recommend for you is 3 guns:
The first is going to be a semi-automatic rifle. These are the best at killing things that also want you dead. Options that would be good for you are an M1 Garand, an M1A (civvie M14) or a horribly neutered AR-15. Normally I would say skip straight to #3 but your magazine capacity limits and feature limits make acquiring a "good" ar-15 hard without committing a few felonies. The M1A and M1 Garand are NY-approved and pack quite a bit of punch, as well they are historical firearms and therefore you shouldn't encounter problems keeping them.
Second should be a semi-automatic or pump action shotgun chambered in 12ga. This will be better for close quarters (i.e home defense hallways), though shotguns do not have as much spread as you would think & with pump action shotguns you have to work the action with authority to chamber the next round and not "short-stroke" the firearm. Shotgun will also be hard to ban, as you can say it's for shooting skeet.
Third is going to be a semi-automatic handgun. Again the whole "ny hates gun owners" thing applies, as the major advantage of the smaller handgun cartridges is capacity, something that you can't take advantage of. Find something you like.

Oregon here so sorry if I got anything wrong
>>
>>28303478
Good advice in total, though I suspect that something OP can carry with him is going to be a lot more useful than a rifle or shotgun that he can't. The power-vs-capacity thing is why the .357 SIG, 10mm, and .357 Magnum have come up instead of my advising a CZ75 with 20 +P hollowpoints exactly like what I have for my main handgun.
>>
>>28303478
>>28303485
My friend reccomended this to me, http://www.remington.com/~/media/Images/Firearms/Shotguns/Model-870/Model-870-Express-Tactical-Blackhawk/870Tactical_2010SD_RS10849D_Right%2081404.ashx?w=570&bc=ffffff
but i was thinking a handgun because these are people who dont care what time of day it is when they go after you and I feel like a handgun would have more ease of access.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28303485
I don't know the specifics but I figured he might be able to store rifle / shotgun in a trunk or something. It is true however the handgun is going to be closer to you than any of the above.
Also you got good taste Satori
>>
>>28303505
To be honest you probably could use both. Handgun cartridges are disappointingly terrible at killing things unless you get a CNS / vital organ hit. That's why your buddy is recommending the shotgun, delivers more energy.
My NY firefighter buddy carries a USP compact in 45, you might consider that. But I'm also an HKfag so...
>>
File: image.jpg (450 KB, 1918x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450 KB, 1918x1080
>>28303517
Here's the TAC I used to have
>>
File: 1430695672472.png (230 KB, 1225x929) Image search: [Google]
1430695672472.png
230 KB, 1225x929
>>28303505
Pic related.
>>
>>28303507
Thanks. I can say that .357 Mag is pretty fun to practice with too, it can get pretty damn warm but it's not going to knock you around. Mine's an old S&W 28-2 so is heavier, around the same size, and only holds 6 rounds compared to the 327 - it might be a little more pleasant to shoot but the 327 would be more pleasant to carry around and there's the whole two extra shots thing.

In any case, if you do get a revolver for actual carry, be sure to have at least one speedloader with you too because fumbling around in the dark with bloody hands while screaming is not a good way to reload a revolver with loose rounds from your pocket.
>>
>>28303527
Also loose rounds can fall out and shit. 33% more bullets is pretty huge especially when the max is what, eight?
>>
>>28303551
Oh and PRACTICE RELOADING with the speed loaders if you get some. Practice everything. You don't want to show up at MCAT with a kindergarten level of training
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.