[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nogunz/ here. My grandpa passed a couple of years ago and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: lockpick skill hard.jpg (978 KB, 2080x1560) Image search: [Google]
lockpick skill hard.jpg
978 KB, 2080x1560
/nogunz/ here.

My grandpa passed a couple of years ago and left four rifles/shotguns in a gun cabinet in his basement that he used to take me hunting with when I was younger. My grandmother, being the strong independent womyn that she is wanted to get rid of them but is so scared of touching them that she is planning to actually call the police so they can drag them away. When I tell her that I will take them for her all I get is shrill yelling and incomprehensible noises.

So, because I'm here for the holidays and will be driving back to my home 1,000 miles away in about five days, I'm planning on taking the weapons and any left over ammo, from my count about 150 shotgun shells, without her noticing.

AFAIK these haven't been fired in about 15 years or so, they've sat in a damp basement since and have signs of surface rust. They're in a locked gun cabinet so I can't inspect further (planning to just take the entire fucking cabinet out of the house).

Should/can I clean/repair these enough to make them usable?

I believe there are two .22s of a brand I can't remember and two 12 gauge shotguns of a brand I can't remember.

Pic related: those guns
>>
You gotta do what you gotta do. But keep in mind she can report them as stolen as well, though I doubt she has the info on them.
>>
>>28301790
>an I clean/repair these enough to make them usable?

Oh yeah; only 15 years of neglect in a damp basement is unlikely to cause anything more than cosmetic damage. Use 100% pure copper wool (Chore-boy scrub pads work in a pinch) and gun oil to remove surface rust without harming the bluing. Use gentle, circular motions as you scrub it off.
>>
>>28301790
GET THOSE GUNS. DO NOT SHAME YOUR GRAND FATHER. BREAK THE GLASS WITH TAPE.
>>
>>28301824
I'm not worried about that, the gun cabinet is stacked behind loads of shit. It took my nearly half an hour to uncover it tonight.

She has two fake knees and arthritis, it'll be years before she knows they're gone, if she ever figures it out.
>>
>>28301790
The finish might be fucked. Prepare yourself.

But that said, look up electrolysis rust removal, and buy some Birchwood Casey Barricade for the outside and Lucas gun oil for the insides.

Use a fine (2000+) grit jeweller's stone to smooth the internals if they are hanging up sure to pitting after you do the electrolysis rust removal, but leave the exterior pits alone and just keep them oiled.

Godspeed.
>>
>>28301790
marlin 60, dunno,mossberg500,stevens/savage 67E
aka 100-150, dunno, 200-300, 150 bucks each
>>
>>28301790
Four shit guns are not worth a felony charge. It's a fucking shame they'll get destroyed but I wouldn't take em without the old hags permission.
>>
>>28301790

Was your grandfather's name Ray, by chance?
>>
>>28301839
>>28301849
Good shit

>>28301871
No sir, not Ray

My grandmother goes through moods. One year she calls me and tells me to take them, the next she'll tell one of my uncles, the next she wants to throw them away, it goes on. I've been thinking about them lately and figured now is a better time than ever. Doubt she'd report it, her and my mother probably just won't talk to me for a couple of months since they'd more than likely immediately know it was me. Which isn't exactly a bad thing...
>>
Your poor grandpa had to live with that old bitch
>>
>>28301790
>1000 miles
>anywhere but Texas

Enjoy your weapons trafficking sentence OP.
>>
>>28301987
Gander Mountain has plastic rifle/shotgun cases on the cheap. I hold a valid FOID card for my home state. FOPA says I can lawfully move weapons that are locked and in my trunk from what I see.

>>28301961
I want to believe she wasn't always like this but maybe its the childhood nostalgia that's doing that. Her and my mother are why I moved halfway across the country.
>>
She said you can take them so just take them. If you take the whole cabinet as planned nothing will come of it.
>>
File: images(6).jpg (9 KB, 320x157) Image search: [Google]
images(6).jpg
9 KB, 320x157
Opie, you said she has those crazy swings.
Next time she will tell you that you can take the guns record it, and then just take the guns.
If she calls the policr, give them the video/audio proof that she allowed you to take the guns, it'd not you fall she's an insane cunt. So even if she will call cops you won't get any trouble with the law.
>>
what are the point of these threads? who fucking cares?
>>
File: 1402465058197.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
1402465058197.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>>28302339
Shut up faggot Does it really hurt to help somebody? Also
>hide thread
>>
OP here.

I was trying to see if I can pick the lock or remove the door or something but failed and my grandma and mother should be home soon from my aunt's who was throwing a party.

I'll have to try to get inside another day.
>>
>>28301790
>Go to nearest pawnshop and get a few broken old guns, wall hanger muskets or whatever.
>Replace real guns.
>???
>Profit!
>>
>>28302472

Can you unscrew the doors or pry it apart or something? Then you can put it together from the inside after you've got it apart.
>>
>>28301790
TAKE THEM.
>>
File: 1449224603764.gif (238 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1449224603764.gif
238 KB, 240x240
>>28301790
Is that a Model 10 on the far right?
OP YOU DO NOT LEAVE WITHOUT THOSE GUNS, EVEN IF THEYRE ONLY WORTH $100.
>>
You didn't take those guns OP. Your grandfather sold them years ago and your grandmother is suffering from dementia.

If she calls the cops, considering her age (I'm guessing at least 60-65 unless yo mama a hoe), you could argue that she's losing her nanners. The guns were obviously removed after your grandfather died as she's not a gun person, thus she'd have no reason to hold on to them.
>>
>>28302753
holy fuck this, this is brilliant
>>
>>28302039
you are commiting a crime across state lines unless your in texas or cali which means you are trafficking weapons so 8 felonies if the prosecution felt like it
>>
>>28301790
If I were you I'd pick one for sentimental value and leave the rest. When she gets the popo to come she is going to clearly be non compos mentis so no one will be the wiser to one that's gone missing.
>>
>>28303205
Do people commit felonies every time they hunt out of state then?
>>
it sounds like she basically doesnt want to or know how to deal with them, and would probably be relieved if they werent in the house. just tell her after you get home that you took care of gramps rifles for her, turned them in to the local authorities or whatever story she wanted to hear. i bet she'll thank you
>>
>>28303205

shhh, let the boy have his fun. not like illinois won't fondle his booty hole as it is
>>
>>28301847
take them
even if she calls cops to get them they will just think grand dad sold them before he died and didnt tell her and she cant see them to know different
>>
>>28303248
this actually sounds the best.
Unless your grandma is actually a 100% cunt and reports you.
But she probably afraid when you offered that a gun will magically go off and shoot you in the head.
>>
>>28303246
no but those guns he will be trafficking are stolen thus the committing a crime across state lines part

transporting a gun you own legally across state lines is not a crime unless you are going into new york
>>
My mother's father passed away quite a while back, perhaps 20 years or so. He left a few guns that my parents stored in their attic. My dad was transferred, so we moved out but were unable to take the guns with us for whatever reason. My cousin moved in and we told her and her family not to go upstairs, which included the attic. They agreed. They called us at one point and said they found the guns in the attic and were afraid their 3 year old son would somehow climb into the attic (the door is further off the floor than his height), find a gun, and shoot himself (even though the ammo was stored seperately and it is unlikely a 3 year old would be able to load and operate a gun). They said they were going to send the guns to my uncle's house because he had a gun cabinet and could keep them safe. We told them not too and that their son should be in the attic in the first place, but they did it anyways. Then the uncle denied ever having them. We haven't gotten them back and probably never will. That is why we are gunless.
>>
>>28303315
I think you will find he inheritted those guns.

His grand pop gave him ownership verbally before he passed as he knew the old lady wasnt keen on guns.
>>
>>28303356
if its not in the will it goes to next of kin
>>
>>28303315
His dear old grandmother told him to take them. Not his fault she changed her mind.
>>
>>28303354
They could have been reported for theft due to the transfer of firearms with out expressed permission
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.