[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who has better stuff?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (198 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
198 KB, 800x600
Who has better stuff?
>>
>>28301451

I've only been to Cabela's because BPS isn't in my region. Cabela's gave me a credit card so they're awesome. Reasonable rates and all that.
>>
>>28301451
Neither, sometimes one will have an ok deal on ammo

If you want to browse for guns, pawn shops are the way to go. Lots of interesting stuff, I love pre owned weapons.
>>
>>28301475
Exact opposite for me, I love BPS
>>
The BPS in my area of IL seems to be staffed with fudds.
>>
Both are slightly overpriced but not absurdly so like Gander Goddamn Mountain. I think Cablelas might have the edge.

They're probably going to merge shortly though.
>>
>>28301451
BPS has some pretty sweet restaurants.
Other than that, they're basically equal.
>>
>>28301507
>>28301507
>Both are slightly overpriced but not absurdly so like Gander Goddamn Mountain

Gander Mountain can kiss my ass. Holy fuck. It isn't a fucking deal or sale if your prices are already very high and you slash it back down to normal.
>>
>>28301451
Cabela's

Cabela's sells used guns and shit tons of milsurp, and the gun library section of the store has cool collectible firearms.

Only BPS i've been to was the one in Las Vegas, can't compete with Cabela's IMO.
>>
Cabelas. Although this will be a moot point once Bass Pro buys Cabelas
>>
>>28301451
The internet. Do your own research.
>>
>>28301563

I used to work at macy's, that is their entire business model.

>Polo Shirts are $85
>$35 at TJ Maxx
>>
>>28301629
You forgot
>$5 at Goodwill
>>
Cabela's has better deals, and consistantly has .22 lr and .22 magnum. Bass Pro has a better selection of firearms. I just fingerfuck the guns at these places, and buy them online or in gun stores.

For non-weapons related things, Bass Pro can have some GREAT deals, especially on boating and fishing equipment. I bought my airboat at Bass Pro for 50% off.
>>
>>28301451
New england fag, I have both an equal distance from me in opposite direction. Cabellas wins the pretty store award with all the giant fish tank and displays, but they suck in regards to gun stuff like reloaders and stuff.

Where as the Bass Pro isnt as pretty of a store but they have the shit you want to buy and alot of it.
>>
>>28301451
the internet and common sense
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28301646
I once bought an organ at a goodwill for $2.

Then I burned it.
>>
>>28301701
Photos?
>>
I like them both. Sportsman's Warehouse too. They can on occasion have deals that are better than even the best online retailers from time to time. Bulk packs of UMC 9mm, 40S&W, .38 Special, or .45 Auto for $59 and brand new Nikon P-223 scopes for $99 being two recent examples. The deals just go quick.
>>
I've only been to the Bass Pro in southern California when I had to visit family there. It was way bigger than my local Cabelas, it was bigger than a fucking Costco, with upper and lower stories. Are they all that huge?
>>
File: image.png (981 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
981 KB, 640x960
>>28301837
That was one. Chances are that they're all going to come out 90° off cause loliphone.
>>
>>28301507
Every once in a great while, the local Gander Mountain runs a sale on ammo that actually is cheaper than everyone else. Its just watching the weekly flyers for the right time.

But i must emphasize, once in a long while.
>>
>>28301451
Basspro has better prices
Cabelas has neater shit
Gander mountain has hot juicy milsurp at fuck you prices and they buy firearm collections so you can sometimes find godtier deals on things the potato staff mismark.

just ordered a Uberti 1858 carbine from cabelas and I'll probably get some pyrodex .44 cal 35gr preloads from basspro and have it delivered to my local store to avoid the bullshit hazardous materials fee.
>>
>>28301906
No. You must have a shit tier cabelas.
>>
>>28301480
I always see people talk about how amazing pawn shops are for guns, but all the ones in my area are shit. Prices just like any gun store, if not higher, and $50 transfer fees. What the fuck.
>>
File: 1336402462825.jpg (53 KB, 800x852) Image search: [Google]
1336402462825.jpg
53 KB, 800x852
>>28301629
>different suppliers for both
>the ones at TJ cucks are dogshit

the good thing about macys and the like is when shit is on sale it is better than the normal priced shit at other stores. fuck buying anything from them at list price, but I just bought 5 calvin klein dress shirts from macys for $16 each due to a 75% clearance sale and a coupon code. I couldn't do that at wallmart.

never buy "quality" branded dress/real clothes at a discount store or factory direct store. Its all garbage. Half the stores at the local mall are "factory direct" now and it's all trash compared to real chains, let alone what shit was 20-30 years ago.
>mfw my 68 year old father felt the fabric weight of a Ralph Lauren dress shirt and grimaced like clint eastwood in gran torino before walking out of the factory direct store.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.