[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
And now for something completely different... Due to difficult
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: slingshot.jpg (108 KB, 548x532) Image search: [Google]
slingshot.jpg
108 KB, 548x532
And now for something completely different...

Due to difficult and annoying gun laws in my country, I've decided to approach self-defense at a different angle.

Since all I have is a hunting knife and a metal bat but nothing for long range, I am going to buy myself a slingshot (which is legal).

People will probably laugh at this (basically I'm buying a "toy" instead of a real gun), but I really don't care.
I'm aware this does not compare to a gun at all and when I pull out a slingshot instead of a gun I probably look like an idiot, but with the laws here it's better than nothing.

Anyone ever used a slingshot or have an opinion on this?
>>
They're super fun. Prob wont do much damage to anything bigger than a cat
>>
Real slings are more deadly.
>>
>>28297901
Awesome defense in cat related attacks.
>>
A bearing in a slingshot will break a skull
>>
>>28297901
I've used slingshots both for fun and for hunting: they're excellent for small to medium sized game, and depending on how good a shot you are, they can be effective up to 300 yards.

As a self-defense tool, I can say they'd be great if you're able to put some distance between yourself and potential threats, but it's completely worthless up close, where even a gun can do damage.

My recommendation is to use the knife for close encounters, and train/hunt with the slingshot for extended periods before attempting to use it for self-defense: when you can peg a squirrel at 200 yards effectively, you're good to go.

Mind me asking what country you're from, /k/omrade?
>>
>>28297901
you better git gud at quick drawing and being accurate as fuck. You're only going to stop someone from pushing in your boy pussy, with a slingshot, if you're landing marbles on his melanin enriched face.

Use glass marbles, as big as you can handle.
>>
>>28298079

Belgium.
>>
>>28297901
modify your metal bat u faget

>drill holes through metal bat
>acquire appropriate long bolts and nuts from hardware store
>put bolts through holes in bat and fasten nuts
>sharpen bolts with steel grinder
>>
>>28298079
>300 yards
fucking lol
>>
>>28298095
I feel sorry for you, man; Belgium has pretty shit self-defense laws, and I actually think a Slingshot is illegal for such use there: my original advice still stands, but make sure you talk with local law enforcement to be absolutely sure about how they would likely handle a case where you use it.
>>
A slingshot for self defense is really really retarded. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure a slingshot can smash someones face in but honestly it's going to take too long to prepare to fire.
Time that should be used to lube instead.
>>
>>28298079
>300 yards
Goddamn how big is that fucking sling shot?
>>
>>28298124

I'll explain how my laws work.

I'll leave the "how to get a gun legally" part.

But, I have a gun.
Guess how I have to keep it.
The gun should be unloaded in a locked compartment. The ammo and clip/magazine should be in another locked compartment.

By the time I unlocked both, loaded the gun and fired, I might already given someone a broken skull with a slingshot.
>>
>>28298249
Get locks that are easier and faster to open and keep the sling shot or bat as a back up in case you can't get it open quick enough
>>
>>28298095
>Have some of the best gun laws in the world
>Can literally buy machine guns
>Want a fucking slingshot instead

What the hell is wrong with you, OP?
>>
>>28298038
This, but you will probably be too close to use a sling effectively if you actually need to defend yourself
>>
>>28297901
same problem here, got a hunting recurve bow I'll use for far to medium distance defence. 60 pound draw weight and broadheads that punches through anything.
Got nothing for close-medium range, need to get a spear for that.
For close combat I got an axe, not optimal but better than nothing, would suck to fight at such close distance either way.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.