[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wandering Homeless Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12
File: rough idea.jpg (237 KB, 1300x828) Image search: [Google]
rough idea.jpg
237 KB, 1300x828
Been awhile since I saw a thread for this, and I need one so here it is.

I am 100% debt free, and have no obligations except one important detail I will discuss last. I have realized that where I come from is more caustic and harmful than I wanted to admit to. I won't wail a sob story, just things like
>forced drug use, even of kids
>cyclic child abuse
>theft, got over $10k taken by my "folks"

They believe they have me between a rock and a hard place, as one of my relatives has stolen my car (won't be able to prove it), and my job "just happens" to be ok with picking me me up everyday, but also requires me to continue the cycle of abuse.

I have decided I will just become homeless temporarily and walk my way out of this situation. I am cutting my loses with most of my possessions. I do have some guns I'd rather not have to replace though, so I am wondering if it is legally possible to transport firearms (fully disassembled if necessary) from either Georgia to New Mexico, or North Carolina to New Mexico. I know this puts me through many different degrees of pro and anti gun states.
>inb4 just report it to the police
They are the police here. It is a very corrupt situation.

I am former military, and have a spotless record. I have no priors, but I am in a situation of tow the line (and become part of the problem) or be punished.
>>
File: 1450867797215.jpg (188 KB, 1280x959) Image search: [Google]
1450867797215.jpg
188 KB, 1280x959
>>28296318
>New Mexico
Supposed to say Nevada, sorry very tired.

So the first route should roughly be
>Georgia or might leave out of Florida
>Alabama
>Mississippi
>Arkansas
>Oklahoma
>possibly Texas
>Colorado
>Utah
>Nevada

Second route is
>North Carolina
>Tennessee
>Kentucky
>Illinois
>Missouri
>Kansas
>Colorado
>Utah
>Nevada

Are any of those states going to hassle me for hitching through there with my AR and shotguns in parts?

Can I carry a CCW from my current home state through all those others to my destination?
>>
Keep them in a bag hidden and you'll be fine, don't draw attention to yourself. Also wtf is wrong with your family
>>
Any tips for making this trip more smoothly would be really appreciated.

I also am still figuring out how to care for my cat during this, because he will be used to threaten me if I leave him here. I don't know how I can transport him with me yet though.
>>
>>28296339
>wtf is wrong with your family
Abuse seems to beget abuse. Some got power locally now and the whole area was pretty corrupt before that anyway.
>>
>>28296318
>>28296322
>>28296349
http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
>>
>>28296349
Give us some details on your situation nigga. And tell me why you don't whoop somebody's ass. If one of my family members tried some shit like that on me I'd fuck them up.
>>
Are any of your guns able to shoot from a few hundred yards away in a common caliber? If not, do you have some hood friends who you wont mind "Borrowing" your gun in a common caliber so they can get rid of some birds from their roofs?
You know what to do.
>>
>>28296397
this

also, put your cat down yourself. im not being edgy, you will do it kindly, & will be able to leave and never look back. if youre going to fuck off across the states without a car or friend, you very well might have to do harder stuff than say goodbye to your favorite fuzzball
>>
A bunch of /k/omandos could go battle of athens on their asses. (And go to prison and die)
>>
>>28296389
This was extremely helpful, thank you.

>>28296397
>Give us some details on your situation nigga
I'd rather not. There are more of them than I could take on like some Rambo movie, and alot are just "kids" with fucked up upbringings. I am related to them too, and don't especially want to hurt them, even if they have hurt me.
>earliest memory is 17 year old brother strangling 4 year old me
And that was just because he hates my dad.
>>
>>28296318
OP, why would you be leaving from two different states? give me a solid starting point and I will check laws and set your course for fun
>>
>>28296318
murder them
>>
Fuckin sell them if you are on foot.
You been in the military you been on ruck marches and your STILL going to carry pounds of dead fucking weight of dissembled guns people will fucking kill you over on foot with all your other gear? Get real. Sell them even if you take a loss just get rid of them ASAP and rebuild. Money is better than guns in your situation.
>>
Anyone have the Zeemaps /k/ link? /k/omrade lets get you a path that takes you to safe spots. If anyone is anything like they are in my experience, we can at least find you a backyard to camp in and a shower. I'm outside your range but maybe we can find some holiday spirit.
>>
>>28296478
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=772301
>>
File: lv-rescue[1].jpg (43 KB, 604x404) Image search: [Google]
lv-rescue[1].jpg
43 KB, 604x404
What in the fuck? Is your family the Dixie Mafia or some shit? And, OP, I am a social worker in Vegas. I deal with a lot of homeless transplants as part of my job. Hanging onto your guns and being homeless is going to be difficult. If you enter a government building or shelter for assistance, you can't bring them in with you. I highly recommend you sell all of your guns, and get a decent folding knife. When entering a government building or shelter, find some place to stash it in the bushes before handling your business. If you lose it, oh well. Without income, you can't get a proper apartment. Trying to house yourself with just the money you have on hand leaves you with the cheap weeklies. Please DO NOT go there! They will drain your funds quickly, and the weeklies out here are scarier than the fucking projects. First thing you should do when you get to the city is find the intersection of Main Street & Owens, and find out who has room: Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, or Rescue Mission around the corner. Soon as you get into a shelter, they will have case managers working with you and trying to hook you up with programs for transitional or permanent housing, and they may have an in when it comes to job leads. Second thing, get to the closest state welfare office and apply for SNAP benefits; don't be proud, motherfucker. You'll be in need, and that's what the program is there for. Good luck, OP.

Oh, last thing. Promise me, OP. Promise me that you will NOT go into the fucking tunnels! Don't you ever fucking go into those god damn tunnels! You hear me, OP? Don't do it!
>>
>>28296349
You will be better off giving your cat to someone who will take better care of it until you settle down. Cats do not do well on the move and you may lose him or worse. Good luck OP.
>>
>>28296478
This sounds like some insanely wacky cultist shit dude. You should be reporting them to state authorities and getting scumbags who abuse kids off the street. Are you from Appalachia or what?
>>
I am also confused about 2 different start points. If we know roughly where you are someone near by might be able to help out.

Also, as for the cat. If you have even a week or so before you leave you can try to find someone to adopt him. Go to an out of town vet and put up some pictures saying he needs a home. Worst case- take him to the pound. he'll get put down if no one takes him home but at least he gets a shot.
>>
>>28296318
Cool blog post, bro.

The only ways of transporting guns across state lines and not getting buttfucked by local laws is to fly with them, send them to an FFL, or transport them in your car as long as it's a non stop trip.
>>
>>28296530
You seem like a good guy. What the fuck are you doing on 4chan?
>>
Kansas is flatter than oklahoma.
Colorado has mountains.
Once you get to Missouri id be worried about hillbillys.
People in the Carolinas are weird.

Id head through to florida though. Utah Mormons arent scary.south colorado will be warmer. oklahoma panhandlers are nice, and the land is flat till south east, then its just fucking woods and hills. Arkansas, Mississippi, and ala-got damn-bama would be sweet for camping in the late winter. Florida though... never been, heard nice things.
>>
>>28296619
Don't forget, we're here forever.
>>
Carrying a rifle, unloaded, in a case, and with no ammo will get you through every single state in the country outside of MAYBE Connecticut and Maryland.

Even California, Illinois, and New York won't give you shit.
>>
>>28296318
Sell everything you can, scrape together as much money as you can.

If you know which scumbag stole your car, go talk to him and try to get it back.

If not, steal a bike and take off. I would suggest a city relatively close, like Louisville (look through craigslist to see what job markets are like different places) . Make sure you have at least 2 forms of ID (preferably one of them being a birth certificate) to help you find a job, military background/no criminal record should help you with that.

Check craigslist to find people to room with within bike distance of whatever job you find, keep saving until you have enough to buy a car.

Now you will be in the same situation as many 19 yr olds, plus you have a military background.
>>
>>28296670
dude are you totally forgetting the part where OP said he has a history with drugs, he's not going to dodge shady characters he's way more susceptible to consorting with shit bags and getting side tracked in some shit situation than making his way straight through a place. i'd be more worried about whom is going to try and steal his shit when they figure out he has expensive weapons they can sell for a fucking hit of drugs and what the dumbshit that gets it is going to sell it off to some other dumb fuck that will do some dumb fuck thing.
>>
>>28296478
Fine then if they have power they have enemies.

find a newspaper that doesn't like them offer to sell them the story use the proceeds to finance your way home.

If someone stole your car you should steal it back.

It's easier than it sounds just break and at night walk over and grab the keys.

As for becoming a lone wanderer consult out/

More then that. Steal from the lot of them.
>>
>>28296318
>>28296318
>running away from your problems because "muh parentals"

Man the fuck up and put them in their place.

They are people. They eat, shit, and sleep just like you.

By leaving, you are admitting that they have power over you because of an implied "power of authority"

Dont fucking give up yet. Tell us your story.
>>
>>28296318
Give your cat to somebody you trust or set it free

Sell your guns and buy a bus ticket to vegas and then do what>>28296530
Said

Good luck to you
>>
>>28296735
Well, oklahoma on through georgia is meth heaven.
>>
>>28296735
He won't make it past the front range.

After he nearly dies crossing the rockies, he will probably be a transient in Fort Collins until the weather gets better.
>>
>>28296318
>they are the police
If they are involved with making/trafficking/distributing drugs don't go to the police, go to the feds, DEA. Same goes for if they are dealing in alcohol, tobacco, firearms, explosives, or anything interstate. If you get the feds involved, their friend officer bumblefuck at the local PD won't be able to help them.
>>
>>28296760
Every place has people like that. Some places are worse, if he's just drifting through and nobody to report him missing, he gets in some situation people figures out he's got weapons his chances of getting out without a fight is very low better than people trying to drug him or steal from him. People will flat out kill over those weapons drug addicts spend all their fucking time trying to acquire more drugs all they are doing is chasing that high even pot heads are shady as fuck for that type of stuff. he's way better off just selling them money is easier to carry, more useful, and getting a pocket knife like the other dude said. 3 in. blade should probably fly through most states.
>>
>>28296780
I'd be surprised if he gets out of the desert if he wants to carry that much weight before water. There's no fucking way he's making it across the country with the clothes on his back before he needs more cash and has to sell of those weapons if he doesn't get fucked over first. Real optimist though own family fucks him and he thinks he can just set off and things will get better.
>>
>>28296755
>buy a bus ticket
Social worker again, seconding this. It's fucking winter, OP. Use some of the money you'll get selling your guns to buy a greyhound ticket. You might not be able to comprehend this from where you sit, but people aren't really supposed to be living in the American West. It's a deadly wasteland without our modern conveyances and comforts. In your half of the country, cities, towns and villages are scattered everywhere willy nilly. Even in the hillbilly strongholds of the Appalachias, you're never too far from civilization. Trekking across the west means long stretches of absolutely fuck all. People that take that walk for recreation plan the shit out for years, get into great physical condition, and even then, they don't do it at the onset of fucking winter. It's a fool's errand. Got any friends with gas money who wouldn't mind a trip to Vegas?
>>
>>28296318
Sell your guns to /k/ommandos. At least that way they'll go to a good cause. Hell, you might even find one willing to take care of your cat for a while. Maybe one of them can give you a ride to the bus station? idk

I'm super edgy and say get a bunch of /k/ommandoes together and shoot your way out but I know that's just stupid and not going to happen.
>>
OP consider re-enlisting. I was in a situation like yours when I was going to be out in the wild after being betrayed by most everyone I thought I could trust. Do you really think you can recover from that? America is great and all but even take the most successful people like trump, give him as much money as you have, set him off to start a new from where you are at with no destination and nothing waiting for them having to scrape by on the way, you think he'd make it?
The Ordnance corp. gave me a new fighting chance at life, if you are prior service you already know it's a damn good deal.
>>
>>28296318
The south is a shithole, glad you woke up.
I just wish we could purge NorCal of the yuppie scum so I could return to my homeland.
Looks like Idaho for me.
Fuck South Carolina.
>>
You still with us, OP? Please let us know.
>>
>>28296318
I don't understand, how do you have to different starting points? Do you live in different places?
>>
>>28297063
As a South Carolina native, fuck you m8

I'm glad to have some of the better gun rights in the nation
>>
Bumping for OP sake
>>
This is why I love /k/.
>>
>>28296318
>Are any of those states going to hassle me for hitching through there with my AR and shotguns in parts?
>Can I carry a CCW from my current home state through all those others to my destination?
No if you follow your map you'll be fine. Keep your longguns in a bag and don't tell anybody (with the exception of law enforcement when asked) that you have them. Hitchhiking through the states is a perilous thing to do. You should do this >>28296531 or put him up for adoption. My advice is to get a good hiking backpack and some proper boots. Learn from Christopher McCandless and Cheryl Strayed.
>>
>>28296506
https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=772301
>>
>>28296530
Why not....The Tunnels?
>>
>>28297655
Just do a google search for "las vegas tunnels" anon. It's like taking a vow of poverty, where every time it rains all your belongings go away. Literally.
>>
>>28296318
you don't have 150 dollarydoos for a cross country bus/train ticket? do that instead of being homeless like an idiot.

also you can check guns on trains

do that.
>>
>>28296318
ARE YOU FUCKING ME?

I'm in California trying to make my way to Kentucky right now. Literally I'm in the same exact boat as you

,———-·´¯¯¯¯`·———-.
,·'¯¯ :. ::'·.
', ::: :::::`,
', ::' ':::::,'
', : ::::,'
', ,' .:::,'
`, ,´ ' .::::,'
!_ _ _ __ _::::|
! ,·´¯`·,:::::!
| `·--·´ ::::|
,·´¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯:`·,
,' ,´¯`, ,´¯`, :::' ,
' ,' `·-·´ `·-·´ :::::', .·-·-·-·.
; , , :::::', .·-·..·´ ':
', '.`·————·´.' :::::'¦ \ `· .·´
', `·. .·´ :::::,' .·´ .·´
' , `·.__.·´ ::::, '·´ .·´
' ,________________::, ' .·´
`·.________(¯¯|`)__:,' .·´
.·´ .·´¯!¯`·. .´
.·´ : !`·. `·. :',
.·´ `·.·´ `·,·' :::',
.·´ .· ::::',
! .´ ::::::',
! . `·. :::::::!
`·. !`·-·´ ::::::,'
`·-·-·-' ,' :::::,'
,' . ::::,'
,' :::::.·´', :::,'
,' .:::.·´ ', ::,'
,' :.·´ ', ,'
>>
>>28297655
Las Vegas has a flooding problem. The city isn't built for rain, so when we get a downpour, it fucks our shit up. To compensate, the city is criss-crossed by a system of flood channels and tunnels. Homeless folks, looking to escape from the Mojave's harsh climate, seek shelter in these tunnels, and every year people die down there in flash floods. Despite this hazard, there are lots and lots of people in the tunnels. Thousands. There is no law down there. It's dangerous as fuck. Stay out of the tunnels.
>>
>>28297709
Holy shit.

Las Vegas has its own Underdark?

Complete with random acts of nature that completely wipe everything the fuck out?
>>
>>28296530
>>28297709
tunnel snakes rule!
>>
>>28296530
I am incredibly amused at some nice little movie social worker shitposting on 4chan and posting scary militia type stuff that would make his sjw coworkers scared shitless.
>>
>>28297777
Ill show you a tunnel snale anon ;^)
>>
>>28297794
>can't even spell snail
>>
>>28297560
Didn't Chris McCandles have a Colt Python seized from him by the police?
>>
>>28297789
Out of the six people in my team, four own firearms. One owns seven of them.
>>
AL here, we have no laws on what can be carried openly. Feel free to walk along through with your guns
>>
>>28297709
So you're saying it's perfect for the metro challenge?
>>
>>28296318
Nigga let me give you some good advice I expect you will disregard.

Sell your fucking funs ASAP. Pawn them if you have to. You will just go to jail because of them, for one reason or another. Homeless=LE interaction and they will jail you and never gib the funs back, might as well use the money to get a fucking bus ticket.

This is a terrible plan, OP. You are not thinking straight to consider this.
>>
>>28296349
My gf works for the animal shelter. Please pls pls op find a foster home for your cat. Contact animal shelters and ask about foster folks willing to care for your cat for months if needed.
>>
Gonna be brutally honest with you OP
In regards to your cat, just give it to someone else. It will, and I do mean literally, forget you existed pretty quickly.
>>
>>28296397
>nigga
Shut the fuck up, Jamal.
>>
>>28296318
OP, how about...
>find generous vegas /k/ommando
>sell funs to him, ask him to keep them for you
>get bus ticket and figure out your situation
>after you're afloat, buy your funs back from friendly /k/ommando.

I bet there's someone willing to do this. Hell, I would if I were any richer and lived in vegas.
>>
>>28296349
Best thing for your cat is to find him a good home far away. You'll have to be real stealthy about it though.

If you absolutely cannot part with him, though, get one of those over-the-shoulder soft carriers and tuna, start your journey, and once you're far enough away, find him a good home ASAP.
>>
>>28298089
Nevada=/=Las Vegas. It's hard to believe for you guys, but it's true.
>>
>>28296504
I agree. Things are just things. What's most important is leaving this shitty situation, and you can't do that with 80 lbs of ghosts on your back.
OP, it's better if you don't bring anything from back then, not even guns. You'll feel more refreshed if you start clean.
>>
Sell your guns, a greyhound from tampa to salt lake is $200.

get a long form birth cert and get a SS card before you move on

Ditch the cat
>>
come on guys, he should at least keep one pistol and s few mags worth of ammo for emergency use
you disappoint me /k/.
>>
>>28296461
Underrated post
>>
File: rps20151125_193840.jpg (56 KB, 960x542) Image search: [Google]
rps20151125_193840.jpg
56 KB, 960x542
>>28296318
Do what I did, this puppie cost me $3200 in more expensive syrupbuks, and I am currently helping a friend with no place to stay. This is mid range I saw some as low as $800. In the US I guess it would be cheaper. And you can keep most of your shit. I know I am happy.
>>
File: CHUD_poster.jpg (221 KB, 967x1456) Image search: [Google]
CHUD_poster.jpg
221 KB, 967x1456
>>28296530
dont listen to this fag, the FIRST place you go is the tunnels
>>
File: chudbutt.jpg (20 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
chudbutt.jpg
20 KB, 400x225
>>28296530
>Come to the tunnels
>>
>>28296318
You sound like a faggot, what did you do to piss your folks off?
>>
>>28296530
> Promise me that you will NOT go into the fucking tunnels!

Tell us stories of what goes on there please
>>
File: 1450674715328.webm (814 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450674715328.webm
814 KB, 640x480
OP here, I had a bad gateway error when trying to post for awhile, 502, cloud flare error. Seems to be gone now.

Reason for the two start points is I can discretely travel to NC for free because of my work, so if it was the more advantageous place to leave out of I would. I don't think it is though.

You all have posted extremely helpful infomation, more than I hoped for.

I hope you might know where someone can find work rather quickly in Nevada, Colorado, or Utah?

>talk about your specifics more
I don't think I should much, at least not right now. I plan to make things right when I am able, so I will write my story down and release it on the web when it is feasible. It isn't an action movie though.

But a quick glossing over would be, people who grow up in abusive and manipulative homes have a tendency to repeat the cycle. When you have a group of people that feel bonded by their abuse, especially by protecting eachother from punishment for said abuse, they become something worse than just the individual bastards.

>that's just like
>my opinion
>man
>>
>>28299055
craigslist ,a job center/temp agency might be your best option for right now.

also can you steal your car back like right as your about to leave (like an hour or 2 before) cause that's a long ass walk. plus you have shelter
>>
>>28299055
If I were you I'd go down to Tampa or Orlando. Keep in in-state. Sell one or two of your funs to rend the smallest storage unit you can, paying upfront. Try to secure it for a year. This is were you store your guns.
If you've got a clean record like you say and military experience there are plenty of businesses down here that give preferential treatment for veterans. Soup kitchens, shelters, the works. You don't need to go across the country to disappear, just go to a different city and fade into the crowd.
Traveling cross country on your own, with a gun collection no less, is very dangerous. Remember the golden rule, keep it simple, stupid.
>>
>>28299274
Car is likely in parts, I don't know where it would be. It is not just at someone's home.

I can afford to bus or train it IF I have a job or place to live (preferably both) when I get there, so I am looking at that. Rather not sell my guns, but rucking them all isn't great either.

I have about a month, maybe two to plan this. But I unfortunately will not be making any more money at my current job.
>>
>>28299461
what all firearms do you have, exactly? Keeping them all is probably pretty pointless, especially with the cost of ammo and maintaining them, something you don't want to fuck with when you're just getting set up in a new state.
>>
>>28296521
>>28296506
Seriously OP, use this. I am sure there are some /k/ommandos out there who would be more than willing to help.

We may be from 4chan, but we've always had a strong sense of camaraderie for one another.

I'd help if I wasn't in California.
>>
File: 3748644-3354133381-b4i7w[1].jpg (44 KB, 762x744) Image search: [Google]
3748644-3354133381-b4i7w[1].jpg
44 KB, 762x744
>>28299529
What is zeemaps exactly?
>>
>>28299542
It's a map that lets users place pins. We use it as a way to see who is around us, what ranges are near, gun stores, and military installations.

It's GIS for /k/.
>>
be very aware that other homeless people are more than willing to go through your things if you are not around or not awake or etc. And the last thing you need is to have guns stolen from you.

Unless these guns hold tremendous sentimental value or very rare, sell them for cash that you put towards your journey or eventual future gun purchases.
>>
>>28297063
North Carolinian here.

The South is awesome, way better than that garbage pile known as New England or the God-forsaken desert in the west.
>>
>>28299055
Utah job market is shitty, the oil fields dropped out so there is alot of people out of work. Nevada is ok especially good in the Mining regions up north. Idk about colorado
>>
>>28296318
Shit dude, just buy a bus ticket, you could get across the whole country for pretty cheap
>>
>>28298152
As an upstate NYer, I know. Trust me, I know.
I was just going off of what >>28296530 said for no reason.
>>
>>28297882
yeah, except for the whole being murdered thing
>>
File: 1450829839804.gif (95 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1450829839804.gif
95 KB, 640x400
4 chins was being fuky b4 but

I had a Idea of burying caching the funs someplace to come back for later .

Skiming the thread maybe selling some too , keep a few and some ammo and hide them unnground inna woods properly so no one finds em
>>
>>28296318
Like others said, sell your guns and buy a bus ticket

As for your ID, make and only use copies. Keep originals in a safe space.

If you're afraid of being followed, once you get enough money after a job, change your name then move without telling ANYONE where you're going.

Those people will never find you again.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57 KB, 1280x720
>>28299055
OP, if you're still thinking about Nevada, construction is picking up in Vegas again, and the trade unions give preference to veterans when hiring new apprentices. Something to consider. http://www.snvwaca.com/programs.asp Electricians are the best but the hardest to get into.

>>28299036
What goes on is exactly what you would expect to happen in a flood channel.
>>
>>28300165

Supposedly there are thousands of people that live there but anyway says is vague generalities like this...
>>
>>28300301
Very well. Here you go: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/homeless-people-live-in-tunnels-under-las-vegas/
>>
>>28296318

1. Call your insurance company and stop making payments so whoever is using your car now can't get you in trouble.

2. go to /adv/

3. Do not try to hop freight trains south of the mason dixon, due to immigration related issues (namely mexicans coming in on freight trains) RRs take security seriously now and their security forces don't play nice. And since they're federally regulated cops, you can be 100% certain the VA will know about it.

4. NM is kind of shit, because of the homeless people. Not as bad as CA though, but just be aware that there will be other homeless people there and that other homeless people should never be trusted. Phoenix has the most jobs and opportunity.

Since you're ex-mil you got benefits, use them. Amtrak has discounts for vets and frankly you'll find it better than Greyhound. Take the Sunset Limited to NM from Texas

https://www.amtrak.com/veterans-advantage-members-discount
>>
>>28296322

>Nevada

Take Amtrak up to Chicago then down into Reno via the California Zephyr. Assuming you can afford it, it's a wonderful trip especially in winter. I'm serious, if you're not doing nothin' with your life you might as well go sightseeing and the Rockies this time of year are beautiful. Also, Amtrak allows people to check guns onboard. It'll be stored in the baggage car, but you won't ever be more than 200 feet away from it at any time.

https://www.amtrak.com/firearms-in-checked-baggage

Also, once in Nevada stay out of Clarke County unless you can find both a stable job and housing. If you're going to be homeless, you're far better off doing do in Reno or Elko then fighting niggers and Californian expats for scraps in Vegas.
>>
>>28300165

>going anywhere near Clarke County

Bad idea if you're homeless. There's fuckloads of homeless Californians that are moving in because CA is so expensive now and it's fucking things up. They typically live in their trucks and take whatever work they can get as Independent Contractors. My point is that Clarke County is shit unless you can afford a home or an apartment. Reno has more opportunity for homeless people because nobody goes there since it's Reno.
>>
>>28300524
>>28300568

the $100-$300 OP would spend on Amtrak tickets is better served for an RV or SUV to sleep in

though, if OP can't buy one in his local area, Amtrak is far superior to Greyhound
>>
>>28300601
This is terrible advice. Reno is burgeoning with Homeless people, but it is easier to get work here than in Clark County. That being said, it's going to be in the 30 degree daytime range for the next two months and it gets fucking cold at night here
>>
>>28300654
>100-300
>RV or SUV

lol, assuming he doesn't have to register it, fix it, pay for gas, fix it again, pay taxes, insurance, etc

Getting something that works dependably enough for a cross country is not in the cards.
>>
>>28300663

I've lived in both Reno and Vegas. If I had to pick one to be homeless in, I'd rather be in the place nobody knows about then a place I'd have to share with all the trash from California, New Mexico, Old Mexico and Arizona.

Also, Reno's homeless problem is not nearly as bad as Sacramento's. Mostly because San Francisco finally got around to suing the state govenrment over them dumping off homeless people on SF-bound Greyhounds, so Carson just sends them to Sacramento now.

just my two cents though
>>
>>28299055
If you are in GA I will store your guns for you. I've been here since I was 3, have a home, very stable person all around, will sign anything you like that says they are yours. When you get settled I'll even send them to you (legally) but you pay shipping. Post an email if interested. Otherwise glad to hear you are removing yourself from the situation man. You're making a good choice to not be a part of bad shit.
>>
If you are fleeing from an unsafe home sell the fucking guns you retard.
>>
Damn OP thats a scary situtation try looking for old friends or even other relatives that might take you in for a few days while you fix your car situtation
>>
>>28302679
Hell even coworkers or your boss might help you
>>
>>28299983
Lost to the Metro
>>
>>28297767
seriously fuck drizzt and his faggoty emotions
>>
>>28296318
>transport firearms (fully disassembled if necessary)

Yes.
>>
>>28296318
How much money do you have OP?

Sell some of your guns and buy a van. Live in the van while you travel.

As much as I hate the place there are subreddits dedicated to that sort of thing and it's a pretty cheap way to live/travel
>>
>>28296318
Just make sure nobody draws first blood.
>>
>>28303950
all he wanted was something to eat
>>
>>28299529
/k/ is Family.

And we don't leave our Family behind.
>>
>>28296504
This. On average, the people in this world are better than op's family. OP feels he needs guns because of all the fucking hes recieved. A bag of guns on a homeless transient is gonna look suspicious an may interfere with travels.
Or leave them with a trusted friend until settled out west. Good Luck, man. You deserve better.
>>
Bumping for a bro.
>>
>>28296318
>sell all guns
>by train or bus ticket
>gtfo of your shitty one horse town to another place
>reacquire funs
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.