[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the US still use these?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: dpv.jpg (58 KB, 600x394) Image search: [Google]
dpv.jpg
58 KB, 600x394
Does the US still use these?
>>
i drove one in 03

What do you want to know
>>
File: 5361406_orig.jpg (181 KB, 816x612) Image search: [Google]
5361406_orig.jpg
181 KB, 816x612
SOCOM bought a bunch of these 2 or 3 years ago. I assume as a sort of DPV/LSV replacement since the program was called ALSV
>>
I doubt it. IIRC, they were super expensive for a dune buggy painted black, had engines that required constant maintenance and weren't all that fast when fully loaded with gear. Besides, have you ever seen a picture of them in use that wasn't taken 15+ years ago?
>>
File: USMC_Growler.jpg (77 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
USMC_Growler.jpg
77 KB, 800x601
>>28294684
>>28294652

I thought it was replaced by this.
>>
>>28294652
Are they as fun to drive as they look?
>>
>>28294763
as fun as a dune buggy is I guess

prone to oversteer if you don't know what you're doing
>>
>>28294750
Reconnaissance Battalions have a lot of these, but they never get used for anything.
>>
File: m151_FAV.jpg (84 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
m151_FAV.jpg
84 KB, 640x429
>>28294750
Nah, the Groweler was to replace the M151 FAV for the Marine Corps. SOCOM haven't touched it.
>>
>>28294951
holy shit that Mk19 looks badass as fuck on that little jeep.
>>
>>28294652
What mos/unit? There's pics with the 75th using them
>>
>>28294643
Replaced by the Hilux.
>>
I hope Hollywood got their hands on a lot of these.

They look fun for a post-apoc movie.
>>
>>28294951
>SOCOM hasn't touched it.
>That's a bad thing.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.