[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make a modern vambrace using modern composite materials,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
I want to make a modern vambrace

using modern composite materials, maybe disguise it as a medical brace for the wrist

we have a lot of knife attacks and street crime where I am, and it seems like a good kind of prtection that won't make me look like an autist
>but anon, you are an autist
on that's not going to get stabbed anytime soon

knife proof material is fairly easy, but I was thinking about a tensile steel frame to disperse shock, I'm not sure how best to rig it
>>
File: 1431625338912.jpg (107 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1431625338912.jpg
107 KB, 700x700
>>28293977
>Schizophrenia: the Post
go to sleep and don't wake up until your winter break is over.

or better yet, dont wake up.
>>
>>28293977
when you have to tell yourself that you won't look like an autist, you are only proving how denial of just how much of an autist you will look like.
>>
>>28293977
just start carrying a buckler u autist, attach straps to it and wear it on your back when not needed
>>
>>28293996
it will sit under my jacket, if you want to make people feel bad get some empty wedding ring boxes and leave them in strangers houses
>>
>>28294000
there are knife proof gloves, knife proof shirts and jackets
I dont see the issue

last night a man came up to me with a festering bullet wound and asked me to give him my phone because he needed a doctor

last week there was a fight in our carpark where a guy got a broken arm and one was knocked out
>>
>>28294009
instead of being an autist poorfag batman, you should just move to somewhere that isn't a crime ridden shithole
>>
>>28293977
>I want to make a modern vambrace

Already been done. They're slash resistant and stretchy. They look kind of gay but apparently they work reasonably well.

That being said, they're not likely to do shit for you unless you know how to defend yourself. Even if you can stand around and block suit like Wonder Woman it won't mean dick if you can't fight back.
>>
>>28293977
>try to make "serious" post
>use a video game picture
flawed execution/10
>>
>>28294024
turns out knifeproof workwear is cheaper than buying a new place

>>28294031
haha I just picked it from google images, I did not even read the file name
>>
>>28293983
lol
>>
>>28294000
LMAO i just love how neckbeards like OP exist, wouldnt doubt if he has considered that already. OP you bring cheer and joy to my world
>>
>>28294036
turns out you seriously think slash resistant is the same as stab proof.

>guy comes up to you with festering bullet wound
>logical choice is you need knife protection
>>
>>28294045
I am just trying to say it's a dangerous area, bad things happen all the time

I am not sure if there is a clear cut distinction between slash proof and stab proof, if that is the case I'd be keen to hear what you know
>>
>>28294056
Defending against cutting/slashing is far easier than defending against stabs (for fairly obvious physical reasons). Either way, resistant gloves or armbraces are only useful if you know how to defend yourself with it. If you want to be protected, get a light bulletproof/stab proof vest and learn how to run fast. If you want to fight someone, learn about the most potent weapon you're allowed to carry and learn using it.
>>
>>28294009
Where the fuck do you live, inner city Detroit?
>>
>>28293983

I laughed
>>
>>28293977

Ancient Chinese Secret

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2e08s3ebss
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Damascus-K25-Resistant-Sleeves-Large-Xlarge/dp/B003SHL5LK

Ok op i got you, fire up that amazon.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.