[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure where else to ask this, so I'll try here. I broke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: BoxerFx_1.gif (45 KB, 350x438) Image search: [Google]
BoxerFx_1.gif
45 KB, 350x438
Not sure where else to ask this, so I'll try here. I broke my hand a month ago and had the cast taken off yesterday. I also turned 21 and bought my first carry pistol a few days after I broke it. I've been dying to shoot it but should I wait a few more weeks before I go to the range?
>>
It's not a sledgehammer, you'll be fine.
>>
fuckin pussy. casts off right? pussy.
>>
>>28293402
we're not your doctor, go ask them.
>>
>>28293435
But its almost 4 in the morning.
>>
>>28293402
What did you hit? (5th Metacarpal is almost exclusively broken by young men hitting hard objects).
>>
>>28293498
i think he just grabbed it off google
says "boxer" so.. yeah, hard objects for sure.
>>
>>28293402
>will a handgun break my now stronger hand

Yeah.
>>
>>28293498
That would be what happened
>>28293501
I did
>>
A carry pistol in 9mm or .40 should be fine, magnum cartridges or .45 and higher I would a bit wary of
>>
>>28293505
Its still fractured but was fixed enough to let me freely use my hand
>>
>>28293402

>asking 4Chan for medical advice

Might as well go slam your hand in a car door for a couple of hours
>>
>>28293523
Was curious to see if anybody had experience with something related
>>
>>28293522
6 weeks is a good time frame for normal use in a young person. The 5th MC doesn't actually do a lot anyway.
>>
>>28293522

You should probably get a 10 gauge and shoot it one handed
>>
>>28293532
I mean 6 weeks assuming healing as normal i.e no non-union etc which depends on how broken you hand was.
>>
>>28293529

It's cool man, listening to random idiots on the internet is always a good idea
>>
>>28293549
Nobody is giving him instructions on how to make mustard gas, relax buddy.
>>
>>28293540
The picture I found was pretty close to the x-rays I received
>>
>>28293557
Hey man, I just wanted some cool crystals!
>>
OP I'm not a doctor and not going to be giving you medical advice, but I can point out another angle: You have two hands right? So why not use your weak hand to shoot with? It's always a good idea to practice with both hands in single grip stance so you'll be practiced enough that you can shoot with either or should the situation arise. I'm saying this about guns that you can control with one hand though. If you're trying it with some ridiculous shit you can't control single handed like a .500nitro then you deserve to get your shit busted again.
>>
>>28293469

Shove something unorthodox up your ass. That way you'll have a good reason to see them and not have to worry about embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>28293402
>Coming to /k/ with a medical question

Downy as fuck. See >>28293605 and GTFO.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.