[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCHLONGED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: muh rifle.jpg (220 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
muh rifle.jpg
220 KB, 1920x1080
SCHLONGED
>>
>>28290764
>remington
>not milsurp
>>
>>28290764
Stop bullying da womyns!
>>
>>28290764

Smell it if you like it
>>
>>28290764
Is that a mannlicher stock?
>>
>>28290764
Did you butt swipe your mom again?
>>
>>28290764
Did you drop it or wtf?

Easy fix if you didn't. Look at it this way, you can upgrade to a not-shit stock now.
>>
>>28290764
Is this a cz455?
>>
>>28291558
not op, but does anyone know if spalted maple stocks are a shit, because that wood sure is purty
>>
>>28290764
Why the FUCK would you mount that scope like that?
>>
>>28291934
Well from a woodworking perspective i know it's a pretty hard, good looking wood. So i don't see why it wouldn't hold up well when turned into a stock.
>>
>>28291888
Nigga it make be called .22 Long Rifle, but the rounds aren't THAT long.
>>
>>28291934
Type of wood isn't as much of an issue as the grain. If the grain isn't going in the direction of the pistol grip, you get a lot of stress fractures like the OP.
>>
>>28292124
>Type of wood isn't as much of an issue as the grain.
Don't forget, loose grain is also going to be prone to damage.
>tfw all the cheap lumber is loose grained tree farm bullshit
>>
>>28292211
So many people can't tell the difference between shit lumber and high quality lumber. It's really scary.

People like this build fucking houses for a living and still don't know.
>>
>>28292255
Well quality carpentry has yielded to disposable Chinese particle board shit so nobody knows anything about wood anymore.
>>
>>28292255
Modern construction methods account for shitty materials, can't really help it when old growth is pretty much gone and the managed land which is mainly where most lumber comes from these days leans towards softer and faster growing timbers for faster returns on investment. It's sustainable but at the cost of quality wood unless management practices goes back to slower growth that will take around 25-40 years between harvests instead of the standard 15-ish, which is doubtful.
>>
>>28292541
Sad truth here.
>>
>>28292255
Most people I know who build things can tell the diffrencequality wood but when you're working with a couple thousand boardfeet a day you just make sure there aren't any major defects to chew out the dumbass at the wood lot for and build around it.

Old timers did the same but the average quality was higher back then

>>28292541
People are tearing up old Detroit houses and salvaging timbers for a premium so maybe there will be a market for slower growth in the future, though obviously at a higher cost. Not sure exactly how that would be sold when any crook can say 'Oh yeah, that is genuine slow growth hidden between that drywall.'
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.