[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>go Fred Meyer >ehh might as well see if they have .22
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
>go Fred Meyer
>ehh might as well see if they have .22
>oh look they do
>wait, that ain't right lemme look closer
>Federal .22 long rifle 50 rounds: $34.99
>thirty five fucking dollars
>70 cents per fucking round
>more expensive that fucking 308
>mfw
When will it end /k/, when will it fucking end?
>>
When the DoJ stops the false flag shootings
>>
Is anyone else besides me suspecting that .22 is not going to come back, and end up becoming a much rarer cartridge with few guns made for it?
>>
>>28288728
Who's business model includes ignoring the most widely used product?

Either they're sitting on it to drive up demand or they slowed production to do the same.

But that can't stop producing the most popular ammunition on the planet.

Shit. I'm ready to start up a factory just to produce it. Especially if peole are ready to pay 10$ for a box of fifty
>>
>>28288728
If that's the case, then the major manufacturers need to start making 9mm bolt actions. There are only a couple on the market right now.
>>
>>28288809
You have a lot more confidence in the wisdom of CEOs and executives than I do. I'm not convinced that those in charge are able to tell the difference between what is potential profit and what isn't.

If the shortage lasts another 6 months or a year I expect to see a lot of people giving up and selling off their .22 guns and moving to 9mm as the next best cheap plinking round.
>>
>>28288809
CCI and a few other manufacturers are running 24 hours a day now, and I know at least CCI is building additional capacity.

Some preferred customers are able to get plenty in, while others are still struggling to get any at a good price. Others are able to get it at a good price, but Jew it up so faggots like me who only shoot maybe 20 rounds at a time will buy it
>>
I'm just wondering why companies are """running at full capacity""" yet can't sustain even the slightest of panic buying while almost every other ammo is constantly at full stock, and there are no plans to upgrade their manufacturing to output more.
Sure they see than they are constantly selling out of inventory in less than 12 hours with a ton of the population begging for more and could be selling 10x more (which means 10x more profit) if they invested in upgrading so people that actually have jobs and have better shit to do than camp out Walmart every morning at 7am to get first dibs on shipments could actually buy some
>>
>>28288873
would you rather sell 100 boxes at 10$
or 50 boxes at 25$
Sure it's oversimplified but thats basic economics anon, learn to supply and demand.
>>
>>28288923
Well sure, but selling $100 of product for 1 week out of the month vs selling $50 of product for 4 weeks a month, which makes more and keeps the people satisfied? Especially if they know that it will be on the shelf whenever they go they're probably more likely to go and buy some rather than risk wasting their time for nothing.
>>
>>28288939
but thats the thing, people are buying because theyre scared it's gonna be unavailable next time. Would you hoard it if it was 100% certain to be instock everywhere at pre-sandyhook prices?
>>
>>28288873
There's a general fear that the panic could stop at any time, and then they'll be left with a whole lot of excess .22lr manufacturing capacity. From what I gather, the machinery for rimfire manufacture is fairly specialized, so re purposing isn't easy.

I suppose they could try to promote a return to the old .25RF .32RF and .44RF calibers for cowboy shooting and places with fewer rimfire restrictions (vs centerfire restrictions)
>>
>>28288832
Oh that makes my dick tingle
>>
>>28288956
Yes, because 5cpr or less and plentiful, just like the golden days
>>
>>28288984
you'd buy some to shoot, not ALL of it because of scarcity.
>>
out where I'm at I've seen customer limits of one box of 100 for 10 dollars per day.

Which sucks cause I remember it being 5 bucks, but at least it's around and not completely unreasonable unless you really want to spend a day cycling .22 LR for fun or stocking for Armageddon. The reminder that I'm dropping dimes probably improves my marksmanship too.

That said, I'm probably just gonna make the switch to .17 airguns for pest control.
>>
Somebody's got to figure out a way to do to gun laws what Uber did to taxi laws. C'mon, Silicon Valley, where's my infinite 3D-printed ammo?
>>
>>28288728

I've been saying this since 2013. .22 is gone for good. My .22 rifle has just sat under my bed for while, I've maybe shot 70 rounds through it this past year. A pistol caliber carbine seems to be the next cheapest plinking rifle.
>>
>>28289132
9mm is still 20 cents for factory ammo
you can still get 22LR for 10-11 cents in bulk even with shipping

even surplus 7N6 cost more
>>
>>28289132
No it's not, .22 is cheap and plentyful in canada. You fags are eating this marketing right up, we're not.
>>
>>28289149

Sheeit, Idk what to do to stop it then. I haven't bought a box of .22 for over a year. I've considered following horders home and raiding their stash when they're away and/or killing them.
>>
>>28289149

dude, just hop the boarder with a trunk full and sell it off in some parking lot. Hell you could even deliver.

Quick money if people know about you.
>>
>22lr was 5 cents a round and nuggets were 75 dollars a bloo bloo bloo

>this thread
>>
>>28289228
http://www.canadiantire.ca/fr/sports-rec/hunting/ammunition/rim-fire.html?count=30;i=1;m_ct_sort=sort-rating-desc;q=*;rank=rank_sc;store=0218;viewMode=grid
Their website sucks ass (they mostly deal in-store, exclusively so when it comes to firearms)
I bought some not long ago and there was plenty.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.