[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pick up that can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 35
File: police robot.jpg (57 KB, 736x1017) Image search: [Google]
police robot.jpg
57 KB, 736x1017
so, your totalitarian government has deployed bipedal drones to enforce it's laws

the signals they use to communicate between each other and HQ and encrypted. so, can't be hacked
comm signals can be blocked, but drone can continue to operate autonomously
they're generally immune to small arms fire, but sustained/precise rifle fire can disable/destroy them
can't swim, but submersion in water doesn't bother them. in regards to heat they can tolerate the same temperatures human fire fighters can for almost an hour
taser proof, but power line level voltage will fry components
can run 30 mph; 36 hour high activity battery life; see in dark; facial recognition system connected to watch list database; bomb sniffing components installed; grizzly bear strength; sub-moa grouping with almost any firearm after the second shot

always patrol in units of two; armed with .460 S&W Magnum auto-guns with 300 rounds

how would you fight them?
>>
>>28288035
Find where they get their orders from and take it down.
They'll eventually run out of power without being able to recharge and then we can bring them in and change their programming.

Also, encrypted or not encrypted, it could eventually be done, it's just not something a 15 year old neckbearded "anonymoose" hacker could do without lots of help...
Nothing is ever impenetrable.
>>
>>28288035
IEDs
>>
>>28288035
get them to chase you for 36 hours, then when they run out of batteries, blow them up
>>
>>28288035
Snipers and IED's.
>>
File: OM_scrap_magnets.jpg (119 KB, 1328x1196) Image search: [Google]
OM_scrap_magnets.jpg
119 KB, 1328x1196
>>28288035
Yeah, there has got to be something in there that a 1+ Tesla magnet will fuck up. Just turn it on and off and you can pretend to be Obi wan in Episode one taking out droids.
>>
>>28288035
>pick up that can

oh, i see what you did there Dr. Breen, stop surfing the interwebz to improve your drone army, we wont help you and we wont surrender the freeman.
>>
Suck the dick of my new overlords
>>
microwave emp device
>>
File: 1990-volvo-740-6.jpg (397 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1990-volvo-740-6.jpg
397 KB, 1600x1200
>>28288035
ramming speed
>>
File: bongbot.jpg (60 KB, 627x800) Image search: [Google]
bongbot.jpg
60 KB, 627x800
>>28288265
what about civilian casualties? going to need to use lots of explosive since they can withstand more over pressure than a human or use explosively formed penetrators, but aiming that at a person sized object might be a tad difficult

>>28288293
first robot carries the second robot while it works a hand generator then they switch when the mule robot gets down to 50% charge
>>
>>28288035
Send out a team to take out the command center

IEDs, armored vehicles to battle drones if necessary, or ideally wait for them to run out of power and take them for parts

This is assuming the "totalitarian government" is worth fighting against
>>
Stairs and doors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIyuC7ceFH0
>>
>>28288035

Make home made napalm. Or acid grenades. Sure they're fire resistant but not fire proof. If the fire is sticky enough and judging by the pic they probably have flammabes on their bodies all it takes is more fire. The fire could be used to blind them if they have various sensor types.

Use precision aimed rifle fire with 30 cal or larger rounds. Preferably would have a large stock of AP rounds before hand.

Worst comes to worse, figure out how to weaponize a heavy duty electromagnet. Lure them into an area they can't escape and use the EM to pull them apart.

Salvage for goods. And tell stalker to get out of here.
>>
EMPs lad.
>>
blind them with spray paint?
>>
>>28288035
Go full Afghani. Lure them into abandoned neighborhoods and hit them with armor piercing 6.8's and .308's from several locations.
>>
>>28288035
>how would you fight them?
I wouldn't. I grab a rifle or start making bombs and risk my life trying to fight them. For what, so I can cost the state a few tens of thousands to repair it?

At that point in military technology, the only way to fight it is with a full on modern military. Which you need a well functioning state for.
>>
File: mrburns.jpg (11 KB, 251x223) Image search: [Google]
mrburns.jpg
11 KB, 251x223
>>28288549
>just use nuclear weapons!
>>
>>28288035
throw can in their face
>>
>>28288392
Magnetic trigger landmines anon
>>
>>28288035
The best weapons would be signal jammers and IED's. If it came to a gunfight I'd try and use a powerful laser that can burn out the lenses on their cameras.

>they're generally immune to small arms fire, but sustained/precise rifle fire can disable/destroy them

How many rounds, what caliber, what range? Do 4-5 other friends and myself need to be emptying entire magazines into these things, or could I do that myself? If I shot one from 500m with a .300RUM, would that take it out?

The best way to fight these would be to destroy the control center; killing the operators would not only mean that new ones would need to be trained, but it would also make the new operators more fearful.
>>
>>28288392
Former combat engineer here

It wouldn't necessarily require an EFP. A shaped charge (very easy to make) could fuck up the joints on one of those fairly easily inside 30 meters using a device made with similar materials to those used in the Boston marathon bombs. Unless some new material was developed for the armor, making it impervious to a standard IED would turn it into something akin to the Protectrons from Fallout 4.

The presence of civilians would complicate things, but based on what can be observed in Afghanistan, civilians will go to great lengths to avoid going near one of those drones once a resistance begins actively targeting them

Also, thermite. Burns between 1500 and 5000 degrees Celsius, depending on the purity of the mix. And it can be made using materials that can be bought from a friggin paint store. Placing the device will be tricky, but there isn't anything made by man that can stand that kind of heat for longer than a few seconds
>>
>>28288692
would thermite stick to steel armor?
>>
>>28288692
How close would a thermite bomb need to be to do any damage though? If they work in pairs, I don't think you could run up to one of these things and take it out before it or it's partner shot you.
>>
>>28288732

Of course it would.

I didn't think about thermite. Could set up a possible way to slow or stun them long enough to get a few thermite grenades on them.

Possibly tar or something they can't walk very well.on.
>>
>>28288773
sneak up on one and chuck it at it.

>>28288625
>EMPs
>nuclear
>>
>>28288779
How about a Gel based Thermite?
>>
>>28288392
Should have thought about civilian casualties before you armed them with 460 autoguns
>>
>>28288732
>>28288773
Not by itself, but you wouldn't need it to stick, you'd only have to keep it nearby (we'll say within 5 meters, that's being generous towards the drone because we don't know their full capabilities first hand).

That being said, you can get clever. A standard IED to disable the drones joints, followed by a secondary thermite charge to finish it.

Drop a building on one, use thermite to finish it off.

Thermite can melt concrete fairly quickly. Place a charge on an overpass that a patrol will walk under and drop it on their heads, although that one would require some skill in timing.

Find a way to immobilize one for a few seconds, the thermite does the rest
>>
File: Pick up that can citizen.jpg (88 KB, 473x533) Image search: [Google]
Pick up that can citizen.jpg
88 KB, 473x533
>>28288035
>Fighting your friendly government that's just concerned of your well being.
Back to the education camp with you citizen.
>>
>>28288811

Hmm. Better idea.

Thermite napalm. It would have to be viscous enough to flow well when the container breaks open but hot enough to fuel the thermite to actually ignite.

Time to break out the chemistry set k/ommandos.
>>
Such weapons would be prohibitively expensive, and probably rather stupid. Just avoid them.

If you absolutely have to destroy one then make an IED, or buy a big enough gun.
>>
>>28288851
Eh, it doesn't work well. Thermite is a mixture of 2 powders, but adding something to make it tacky also hinders the reaction, significantly reducing the violence of the chemical reaction
>>
>>28288894
Hmm then I suppose that's out then. Its been a long time since I played with thermite.

Could you compress it into a brick and get the same effect? Possibly load a shot shell with it?
>>
Oh yeah and lasers. Really strong lasers burn out optics. Hit a robot with the communication countermeasures and then hit the eyes with a laser. The onboard AI probably won't have programming telling it to blindly use lethal force, so it would probably be rendered effectively "dead".
>>
>>28288902
If you are playing chemistry to destroy them you might as well just use a shaped charge. More likely to succeed.
>>
>>28288912

But fire is more entertaining for me.
>>
>>28288035
semi auto belt-fed .50 BMG with depleted uranium bullets

by the way are belt-fed guns legal in america?
>>
This is a cute, imaginary robot you've made up. Are you going to incorporate it in your space-themed d&d?
>>
>>28288980
mostly not because theyre open bolt.
>>
>>28288980
nvm i just realized belt-fed means open bolt and open bolt is illegal
>>
>>28288902
Yes you could, although I don't think a shotgun primer would provide enough heat to start the reaction. Also it would probably melt the shotgun and set you on fire.

To give you a sense of scale, a decent thermite mix (the kind that the US Army gets for thermite grenades) burns at roughly half the temperature of the surface of the sun, which is 5000 degrees Celsius. I'm not telling anyone how to make thermite because a pound of this stuff will set an entire house on fire in anywhere between 3 to 10 seconds
>>
>>28288980
As long as theyre semi-auto.
>>
>>28289043
you couldn't just say powdered aluminum and powdered rust?
>>
>>28289066
I could've, but now if some dumb fuck tries it, it's on your head
>>
>>28289024
Why are machine guns banned because they're open bolt? Seems like a retarded reason to make them illegal.
>>
Just throw some marbles on the ground
>>
Flood the database housing the servers with Chlorine gas and spam Tannerite explosives at the drywall to breach through to gain access to the servers and then melt them down with home brewed Termite.

Skynet has fallen.
>>
>>28288392
They charge each other? That's just a really complex battery-powered electric generator. Grade-school science anon, infinite perpetual motion machines are a violation of physics.
>>
>>28289070
i don't think true dumbfucks even have access to powdered aluminum in sufficient quantites and if anyone really does then they most likely aren't dumb though
>>
>>28289079
machine guns aren,t banned because they're open bolt, open bolt are restricted because they're "easy to convert" (into machineguns)
>>
>>28289079
open bolt = "ready and easily convertable to full auto", according to our tyrannical overlords
>>
>>28288035
My dodge and the moose mangler that is my brush guard. Fite me, and my truck.
>>
>>28289104

See that's the thing that scares me. It's sold as a mix-in for paint, supposed to give the paint texture. Same with powdered rust. My local store has the 2 RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER

I didn't realize just how easy it would be to build a bomb that would make Timothy McVeigh's bombs look like a firecracker until after I got back from Afghanistan. Shit would be hilarious if it wasn't so deadly
>>
>>28289108
>>28289126
Ah, cheers.
>>
>>28289150
either way its pretty difficult to ignite thermite anyway, probably need magnesium or a blowtorch of some sort
>>
>>28289030
Not quite. Yes open bolt guns are illegal but a belt fed is not always an open bolt. The reason most are has to do with heating issues inherent in weapons firing sustained full auto.
>>
>>28288035
This thread makes me wonder if the government uses 4Chan to determine how quickly and effectively the people could react to an extermination.

>Reports are in from 4Chan, Sir. It seems we need to make them EMP and blast resistant before deployment.
>>
>>28289191
but how can it possibly be a closed bolt gun while simultaneously maintaining a link with the ammunition belt?
>>
>>28289173
Yup. But even those are available without much difficulty. Seriously, on a whim and out of curiosity I went out and got all the supplies I needed. Took 20 minutes and I got enough to make a couple dozen pounds of the stuff without so much as a second look.
>>
landmines. or IEDs
>>
>>28289205
Just need an extra part to do that.
>>
>>28289213
wow, to be honest i don't even think such household chemistry is even illegal, but there is probably a very thin line between what is considered a destructive device and what isn't, i have always been interested in explosives chemistry and have wanted to try this for a long time but i live in a damn apartment and have no property
>>
File: cyborg dispatch.jpg (201 KB, 336x700) Image search: [Google]
cyborg dispatch.jpg
201 KB, 336x700
some pretty good answers. i like the one about spray paint, but the issue is 'why would they put all the sensors in one place'?

attacking the central hub is probably the most strategic option. going in guns blazing isn't a good plan though. besides the IT and repair personal, there's going to be regular jackboots inside along with the drones and they're going to be trained for possible attacks. best bet would be to sabotage power and water to the building. human personal not being able to flush the toilet for long enough is going to lower work effectiveness. then there is the possibility of maybe sneaking in an IED or targeting work personal directly.

the later has the issue that you're literally just killing someone doing their job. not a good way to gain popular support

IED in general is a good way to take the drones out, but anything involving personal physical interaction is going to be suicide mission tier. do you walk up to cops now and just touch them? no. why would you do that to an enforcement drone? "do not approach the drone unless instructed to do so. this is for your safety citizen"

>>28289103
it was a facetious answer to a "i wait till it runs out of power" post
>>
>>28289213
Seriously thermites anti personnel potential is very limited. Few varieties such as cupric thermite are "explosive" and that would make a very poor explosive for anything other than psychological impact ( very flashy). Thermites main threat is to infrastructure bridges power grid etcetera, a very poor choice for any sort of terrorist attack.
>>
>>28288035
make a disposable Camera hand held EMP device.
>>
>>28289286
Spraypaint to all the neighborhood kids. The one who tags the most sensors wins...something.

Step it up and pay a couple no-gooders to slap cans of thermite (with magnets for quick attachment) on blinded bots. Or tire/gasoline necklaces.

Then sabotage the control buildings.
>>
File: acc=1_doc=187.jpg (57 KB, 608x342) Image search: [Google]
acc=1_doc=187.jpg
57 KB, 608x342
>>28288552
Spray dic/k/s over their cameras. Simple. To bad I don't have the pic of it. I do have this though.
>>
>>28289331
>terrorist attack
in the situation described by op such an attack would not even be considered terrorism, it would be more like the north korean government overstepping their boundaries and actively oppressing the citizens relentlessly. this would lead to an uprising and would not be considered terrorism by anyone other than the tyrannical government itself.

terrorism=unprecedented heinous acts devised to instill terror in the people of a certain nation or group of nations, mainly/usually targeted towards civilians
>>
>>28288035
You leave the bots alone, and go after the bureaucrats running them.
>>
>>28289391
Pretty brilliant.

>Spray paint is a terrorism device.
>>
File: Robot-Tartan-Rescue.png (406 KB, 800x951) Image search: [Google]
Robot-Tartan-Rescue.png
406 KB, 800x951
>>28289129
for you and others that say "hit them with my vehicle"
why are you running into a recording/transmitting device that can see your face and license plate? why are you jumping the curb to take out one or two drones along with anyone else there? what are you going to do about the ones in vehicles of their own?
>>
>>28289406
Actually, terrorism is the use of fear to manipulate the masses. Like when the US government said they'd only be able to protect us if we let them tap our phones.
>>
>>28289197
>Browse /k/
>get paid (probably 6 figs because bureaucracy)
>kek all the way to the bank
>post on /k/ about it
>>
>>28288413
why can't they make these robots go faster? can't be a software problem surely, is it really so hard to power those legs? why do they use pneumatic systems?
>>
I pick up that fucking fucking can.
Yassa massa robot!
I picks up dat can REAL good foh yah!
mmmMMMM!
I LOVES me some can!
Thanks yah massa robot!
>>
>>28289465
I'm pro-whistleblowing. So if it was me, I'd tell you.

The government exists to protect the people, not to oppress them. Its a shame the government has forgotten what the words "public servant" actually means.

And I'm at the place where I have to fill two captchas to post, so I'm out. Later, /k/.
>>
Unless the people are backed by some organization supplying them with some future ass small arms that can engage robots with ease you lose all day.

Take any of the robots that you're describing from movies like Elysium and Chappie. How do you fight something that literally has aimbot? Has instant access to any sort of tactical information it would want and can process it faster than any human could fathom with the specific goal of taking you out.

The only way half of these ideas do anything is if this is some passive robot security meant to do nothing but help out. If for some reason these are actually programmed to kill people you lose.

>>28288293
Could you honestly think up a more retarded answer? Implying you could out-maneuver something for 36 hours ever. It's either going to get you or you'd get away. I no universe would it be programmed to chase you until it ran out of battery. Holy fuck, I would love to watch your stupid ass die trying to take one down.
>>
>>28289286
The spraypaint tactic makes about as much sense to me as spray painting soldiers on patrol in the face to blind them.

None at all in other words.
It implies that the robot is just going to sit there passively and let you spraypaint it blind.
How would a soldier or a cop react to some punk kid running up to him and trying to spray spraypaint in his face?
He or his buddies will just shoot the son of a bitch.

I imagine the robot's battle-buddy would do that exact same thing. This doesn't event take into account redundancy in the robot's sensors or some kind of "blink" response that deploys a shield over it's sensors when threatened.
>>
>>28289538
>Implying you could out-maneuver something for 36 hours ever

ive played enough sonic the fucking hedgehog games to know this is possible u nogg
>>
File: eva horse.gif (386 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
eva horse.gif
386 KB, 500x281
>>28289488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_luhn7TLfWU

speed/power of limbs aside, the main issues with those bots are they're really really top heavy and they'e doing a lot of processing before they make each movement so they can't crash and burn
>>
>>28289538
>How do you fight something that literally has aimbot? Has instant access to any sort of tactical information it would want and can process it faster than any human could fathom with the specific goal of taking you out.

Not to mention the fact that they're inevitably going to be networked means they think, respond and move as one. What one sees all see.
>>
>>28289584
They wouldnt put an external lens on a sensor till after multiple paint attacks.

Here's an idea.
make a landmine, that triggers a shaped charge to blast upwards through the droid. Should be enough to take out the legs. If that doesnt work, set up an ambush along a patrol route with tannerite to disable mobility, then move in to disable with small batches of thermite. Ta-da, droids are dead.
plus, I dont think the droid would shoot you for littering (a can full of tannerite) at their feet or behind them. If you needed an impromptu ambush
>>
>>28289448
that is what i was trying to say lol that is a good way of saying it
>>
>>28288035
Electromagnet to the floor then steamroll it.
>>
>>28288035

Good thing I know the owner of this monster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnMTkvDneTI

Also, I sincerely doubt .30-06 AP ammo can't cut through it like butter.
>>
>>28289584
>forcing the government to shoot American kids

That's a feature, not a bug. Do you not into media war?
>>
File: can you dig it.jpg (248 KB, 1600x897) Image search: [Google]
can you dig it.jpg
248 KB, 1600x897
>>28289618
>they're inevitably going to be networked
that's why you want to set up a signal jammer
it'll let you engage a unit individually or the next best thing since they'd operate in minimums of two
the drones can exchange information verbally
to coordinate attacks
assuming line of sight laser comm isn't an option
of course once a patrol goes off the gird in an unusual location they're going to send other drones into investigate

>>28289637
>landmine
the only place that has earth in a city is the park
>mfw the park becomes a rebel stronghold
>>
>>28289104
You can literally go to lowes or Home Depot or a paint store and buy both cheap.

Aluminum powder is extremely common as a painting powder, an another anon noted.

Also, tannerite if I recall is basically an ammonium nitrate/aluminum powder mix (ammonium nitrate is a big IED component, as the nitrogen bonds store a Fuckton of energy, when bonds break it releases that energy violently)
>>
>>28288035
Any massive server (remember if they have bots they will have 1984-esque surveillance) will need a huge amount of water to cool it. Just kill the water and power (any transformer or line can be knocked out with a good shot). An army of robo troopers will have huge power needs and they probably can't power the servers AND robots on emergency backup.
>>
>>28288035
what if you Pierce it with a iron rod or metal that sends a high enough current?
>>
>>28288382
underrated post
>>
>>28289822
>harpoon + generator
a bit impractical, but could possibly work
>>
>>28289822
You're just like all the rest of the morons suggesting we just run up and use thermite or spray paint their sensors.

Are you suggesting we use the crossbow from Half-Life 2? We'll just shoot a super heated bolt with a wire attached all connected to a high output generator or some shit to fry them.

Someone needs to draw up some sketches of all these ideas failing so hard. So far all the thread has been good for is pointing out idiots.
>>
>>28289538
>If for some reason these are actually programmed to kill people you lose

That's why you use IEDs. You don't even have to be in the area when the attack occurs. Even if they're using things like cell jammers, there are ways to detonate from afar that are unjammable
>>
>>28288338
This.
Hide a microwave and rig it to cook with the door open. Turn it on and lure robot near
https://youtu.be/a7_0E5ZeZtQ
Moderately related
>>
>>28288324
I should put a gigantic electromagnet on my car. Would be pretty fun to play with.
>>
File: bola.png (41 KB, 799x458) Image search: [Google]
bola.png
41 KB, 799x458
>>28288732
Thermite bola. Would be pretty brutal against people too.
>>
>>28289775
>>the only place that has earth in a city is the park
Makes me think, you could put something in trashcans and mailboxes and in the hollow street posts. Street lamps are already powered, rig one with a powerful electromagnet. Wait for a bot to walk by, hit the button, CLANK he's stuck.
>>
File: 1434773262074.jpg (379 KB, 1919x1285) Image search: [Google]
1434773262074.jpg
379 KB, 1919x1285
>>
File: UN Robot.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
UN Robot.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>28288035
>Robot
>Wearing clothes and gear instead of just having them built in
I will never understand why so many sci-fi artists do this.
>>
With the stuff that's commonly available now, I'd say m855 would be okay depending on the armor level. Just hit it in the sensor/computer vital areas or hinges/joints.

Finding a way to disable them from the main control center would be best, but that bitch would be heavily guarded and secured.
>>
You know how they set tires on fire and put them on people to execute them in South Africa? What if you tied a burning tire to a truck and threw it on the robot as you drove past so you could lynch them while they were being necklaced?
>>
>>28291103
Also make ieds out of tannerite and ballbearings
>>
>>28291093
>implying that they would even look humanoid
It's because most people who read and write sci-fi don't know shit about war.
>>
>>28288035

You've just watched Elysium, m8?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ErX3gOVpY
>>
>>28291135
If you are stupid enough, you wouldn't even need a truck. You could just walk up and slam dunk the tire around them while they were standing close to each other. I don't think the gov would program their robots to shoot random people walking along with a tire in their hands. Just walk up:
>officers, i would like to report a crime
>k what is it
Bam, someone puts a flaming tire over them from behind and their arms are pinned to their bodies. Then you take their guns and run off.
>>
What if we took the spray paint idea, but instead of spray paint we use sugar (and obviously you don't just run up to them). The sugar sticks to their wires and shit, and attracts ants from an ant pile the robot accidentally sat on while resting. The ants are attracted to the sugar and gnaw away on the robot's wires. They short out, insurgents come in and retrieve their weapons before the deactivated robots are extracted, and suddenly the insurgents have .460 S&W autoguns.
>>
>>28288035
Jam comms to put them in autonomous mode. Throw paint on their optical sensors, use noise to occlude audio. Chain them down and disarm them, or just destroy the gun if you must.

As you acquire guns and ammo, destroy bots and capture more arms and ammo.

You can also use bomb precursors to paint an basically everything with "components" and make detection useless, then IED it at your convenience. You can't stop basic chemistry with robots and you can't just stop patrolling IED risky areas.

Also bots are ridiculously expensive. Humans in a totalitarian state are cheap.
>>
>>28291088
I just noticed that the AR is mirrored. The artist probably did one of those modify-a-real-photo pictures and flipped the whole body so that it was facing the same direction as the other guys
>>
>>28290785
A regular bola would work just fine against bots if they're only grizzly bear strength. Rope or chain is way stronger. Then you can disarm and destroy at your leisure. Or subvert it and target the dictator with rogue units.
>>
File: UNMAS-robot minewolf.jpg (143 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
UNMAS-robot minewolf.jpg
143 KB, 1024x683
>>28290857
>Street lamps are already powered, rig one with a powerful electromagnet. Wait for a bot to walk by, hit the button, CLANK he's stuck.
Wile E. Coyote, plz

>>28291093
>>28291160
>clothes
>human shape

maybe to humanize them? also, you have equipment laying already for humans. it saves money and is efficient to make a general robot that can use any tool in a dynamic environment. specialization is great for a machine that has limited tasks. remember also that this is a robot that was meant to do all the things a police officer can do. a machine designed only to kill would look totally different
>>
>>28288035
a really tough tarp dropped on their head
>>
>>28291349
>maybe to humanize them?
No one's going to look at a camera mounted on a human body and say "yeah, these robots look totally human, nothing concerning about them"
>>
File: nasa-valkyrie-r5-humanoid-robot.jpg (643 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
nasa-valkyrie-r5-humanoid-robot.jpg
643 KB, 1200x900
>>28291391
no, but there are probably going to be people that are going to say "yeah, i'm going to put my dick in that"
>>
>>28288035
comical face stickers or bags to put over the heads of the robots with known shoot on sight targets.

level 2.

Projector device with image for long distance painting.
>>
Chances are the weapon needed to reliably defeat the robot will appear around the same time as the robot itself. The exact form it will take depends upon various design and construction decisions that aren't worth the time to make up here.
>>
File: marine drone.jpg (2 MB, 3500x2650) Image search: [Google]
marine drone.jpg
2 MB, 3500x2650
>>28291754
when the founding fathers drafted the 2nd they had no intention for it to cover anti-mech weaponry

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
then why cant you own a ATGW?
>>
>>28288035
This smells of /tg/ related shennanigans with one of your table games
>>
>>28291308
nice eyes anon
>>
>>28288035
turn microwave into HERF gun or build a pinch
>>
>>28288035
File injunction, these robocops are discriminating against minorities and at risk youths.
>>
Trip them over.
In the time it takes one to right itself you can probably fuck it up more easily and without recourse
>>
>>28291308
robot is a leftie
>>
If it were JUST the drones, no national guard bots or anything heavy, Killdozers would be very effective. Armored dump trucks with plows just running them down
>>
>>28292865
this + small arms armor around cab and bed
>>
>>28288035
>how would you fight them?
the same way you fight any insurgency, IED's
>>
>>28292713
give children airsoft guns and put them in sotuations that get them shot by police bot9000s.
>public outrage

OP, what is my motivation? If theyre just gonna be more effeciant regular cops Id probably just let them do their job. No more robbery and shit? Cant complain about that
>>
File: Killdozer.jpg (24 KB, 423x257) Image search: [Google]
Killdozer.jpg
24 KB, 423x257
>>28288035
Apply more Killdozers. Crush them beneath the tracks.

You only need to kill a few of them before the govt starts using real soldiers, the monetary costs to run just 2 of those things would be phenomenal.
>>
>>28291308
Making the robots non-ambidextrous lefties would be a good way to keep their weapons from being easily taken and used by dissidents
>>
>>28292713
>robocops are discriminating against minorities
programmers programming bias aside, they're literally programmed to treat every citizen the same

>>28292733
yeah, just tip it over
how hard can it be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYKgHa8hH1k
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>28288035
fuck off security bot
>>
>>28292925
>the monetary cost to run 2 drones would be phenomenal
you must be phenomenally retarded. Do you go to the park and literally shit yourself when you see people driving around RC cars, because of how much fucking gas that must cost them per second?
>>
>>28292976
>equating two state of the art robotic bipedal drones with state of the art weaponry and technology to RC cars

You're a fucking idiot, holy shit. Drink bleach.
>>
>>28292946
Wow anon it's so good at navigating the ground, that has everything to do with tripping or damaging its leg!
That's like saying it's impossible to trip a human because we can walk.
>>
>>28292926
that's so fucking evil
>>
>>28293054
Not really. You can fire a rifle from either shoulder right handed. It's a little wonky at first but you can get used to it.

Or you could just machine a reciever for an AR15 that takes their ammunition. It's not that hard, half of /k/ machines 80% lowers.
>>
>>28293082
I'm talking about hippies in the streets trying to take the guns. Not people with actual basic experience or manufacturing abilities.

Another idea is to not put sights on them, considering the drone's optics can compensate. In fact, you could strip a lot of the elements of the weapon to reduce costs and make human usage difficult
>>
File: thx 1138 robot.jpg (60 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
thx 1138 robot.jpg
60 KB, 1280x1024
>>28292999
trips aside, the fucking point is our current generation of shitty robots are a tad bit difficult to unbalance
how are you going to trip up a mass production model that's a policeman substitute? get in your T-47 at launch tow cables at it? no. you try and push it and it's going to crack your skull for attempting to damage state property
>>
Throw a water balloon full of paint on their face so their cameras are blinded.
>>
>>28293082
yes but hot brass in the face will result from your suggestion. That or terrible form aka terrible accuracy. You're suggesting a right handed right eyed shooter shoot left shoulder right eye... just because you can does not mean you should... I probably would have to make a rail mounted brass deflector pan but that's just me
>>
>>28288035
paintball guns
>>
>>28288035
>Can't be hacked
Because American cyber security is just that awesome, amirite?

>Autonomous operation
That's a long ways away.
>Buh buh muh drones
Flying a plane to a target, hitting that target, and then flying home autonomously is a hell of a lot easier than WALKING (this is a big one) around doing real time threat detection and response, discerning friend from foe etc.

>Immune to small arms fire
I dunno, looks to me like the wrong end of some heavier AP ammo would give them trouble

>Immune to drowning but overheat past ~150
...So we import all Hitler's old ovens from yurop and trap them inside? Brilliant!

>Run faster, lasts longer, can tell you're a criminal (unless you're jamming them, because a local cache would take too much memory to keep), detects powder/explosives with the same failure rate as mechanical methods, some how super strong, magically able to make even the shittiest rusted out firearm shoot a sub MOA grouping

>Armed with magnum SMGs and huge drum mags

OP, you forgot to put the super duper faster than human reflexes in there to finish making them overpowered.

This is blatantly fantasy and will not exist for another 20 years at absolute minimum; putting today's tech up against it is stupid. It's like telling us to try and kill a Pershing when all we have are shitty post WWI AT rifles.

So obviously the fantasy answer is that I stomp on them all with my huge mecha I found in a cave on Mt. Cheyenne after defeating its wendigo guardian, made of all the M14s Clinton shredded that gets stronger when I yell like William Wallace.

Otherwise, fuck I dunno. If the walking algorithm is trash you could trip them over high strength fishing line to make them easier to target for thrown thermite or buried IEDs, or just go full ewok and drop heavy things on them.

Make man portable recoilless rifles that throw huge soft lead slugs that just smash all their fucking joints and gears and internal fittings to bits?
>>
>>28293103
Any kind of thick cable or wire under tension could pop up and trip one if timed well. By the same value, dropping something weighted more than 20lbs would work wonderfully
You're forgetting that by value of being mass-produced these thing are going to be subject to corner cutting and budget gouging.
>>
>>28292926
If you wanted to go that route you could have electronic locks in the guns. It would be plenty reliable on robots rather than humans, and the robots could still use human weapons
>>
>>28293118
Oh, right.

Make dummy robots that move like people out of domestic robots/sexbots, complete with heating and rubber faces so they read as real, so they shoot all their ammo out and all their ridiculously humongous mags jam. Then fuck them up because at that point they can't shoot back.

Maybe giant glue traps, and then fuck up the recovery vehicle that is inevitably required to pull them out.

Or pit traps you can walk across but they can't, because these motherfuckers are gonna be /heavy/. Then pour thermite on them at your leisure.
>>
>>28293150
You would remove features, not add them, in this situation
>>
>>28288035
I'd actually feel safer with an emotionless robot cop over emotion driven human animal cops.
>>
File: Dutch police2.jpg (175 KB, 1000x670) Image search: [Google]
Dutch police2.jpg
175 KB, 1000x670
>>28293118
so much salt for a hypothetical
yes it's overpowered because the heart of the question is "how do you defeat a superior opponent with the weapons you have available"
in a way it is no different than asking "how do you defeat the local polices main battle tanks of tyranny when you don't have access to military firepower"

>>28293147
>Any kind of thick cable or wire under tension could pop up and trip one if timed well
yeah, but how are you setting that up in the city Rube Goldberg?
>>
File: Fuck.png (234 KB, 236x483) Image search: [Google]
Fuck.png
234 KB, 236x483
>>28293171
>yfw you raise your hands too quickly when there are others around and it shoots you in the leg until you fall over because you set off the threat detection algorithms
>Or you pull your hand out of your jacket, or your pocket
>Or, god forbid, you're holding an actual weapon
>Or just something shaped like one

We have enough trouble deciding at what point it's okay for cops to start shooting, imagine trying to code it into an algorithm
>>
Giant scrap yard strength magnets set all over key areas of the city around your base. Then while they are stuck you can hand everyone a bucket full of glocks to throw at them.
>>
>>28288035
Go to a gun free zone, obviously. They aren't allowed there.
>>
>>28293205
>make noise/distraction
>lure police unit into building/area with little surveillance
>have traps already rigged
>???
>profit
>>
>>28293205
>how do you defeat the MBTs of tyranny

You don't. Or, if you must, you kill its supply lines.

The MBT doesn't kick your door down, the cop does. The MBT can't help the cop kick down your door because he can't drive it through your house until you've demonstrated that's what it's going to take. At which point you should be elsewhere. But the point is, that cannot be his initiating force and the MBT doesn't help him in his everyday policing activities beyond looking impressive.

This thing, on the other hand, might as well be an MBT that can kick down your door. It is an entirely different question. It is absurd AND a long way off, so you should throw us a fucking bone or two.

Like explosive mechbane ammo, or man portable railguns.
>>
>>28293207
Actually with robotics instead of humans on the line you could afford to be much MORE lenient with how the robot is programmed.
For example, if someone pulls out a crowbar, a human cop is immediately going to be appraising whether they need to respond violently, and act before they're hurt.
With a drone cop though, you can have it wait for something definitive before acting, like wait for the suspect to take a swing before blowing him away, because the robot isn't afraid of being hurt.
>>
>>28293244
Yes, but your ignoring the situation that happens all the time where there are other people around that the potential aggressor CAN hurt and so the robot must make a split second decision
>>
>>28293110
>hot brass in your face

No, that's why you're shouldering the gun in your left shoulder and not your right.

Fucking christ, I thought /k/ was supposed to know shit about guns?

>>28293094
Wouldn't be that hard to set up sights on a gun. Shit, a few pieces og lego superglued to the stop could do for some makeshift rooty tooty point n shooty shenanigans, actual armorers/gunsmiths could do the legit iron sights too given enough time.
>>
>>28293281
*you're

Christ.

Makes me wonder if they'll put nonlethals on these things.
>>
>>28293289
don't see why not, but probably not in a '1984' world or if they did would you really want to be taken alive?
>>
>>28288392

Civilians give them tax payer money eh? We're also bleeding them financially too!
>>
>>28289286
>just doing their job
rip
>>
>>28288035
>can't be hacked
Hahahahahahahaha, thanks for the challenge. Let's see how long these things stay on the streets when they start randomly running up to innocent civilians and ripping off their heads or going into a school and kills a bunch of kids. Boom! A hacker just killed the programs or at the very least weakened it to tge point civs have a chance against the robots
>>
>>28289030
>open bolt is illegal
>illegal
>worrying about doing something illegal while SHOOTING at government robots

U wut-?
>>
>>28288392
>while it works a hand generator then they switch when the mule robot gets down to 50% charge
But that is stupildy inefficient. It would be better if they can just connect to each other through jumper leads
>>
File: mefp2.jpg (25 KB, 552x240) Image search: [Google]
mefp2.jpg
25 KB, 552x240
>>28288392
They actually make EFPs that form multiple penetrators.

Esentially an anti armour shotgun.
>>
We could always try lighting everything and anything on fire, that's sure to cause some panic.
>>
File: 1389655299857.png (180 KB, 497x584) Image search: [Google]
1389655299857.png
180 KB, 497x584
>>28288035
That's what those EMP terror weapons are for.

Ask Iran to give you the plans for a cheap one, they're sure to help.
>>
>>28289792
>ammonium nitrate
Unless you're a fucking farmer, the FBI will be up your ass
>>
Wow /k/, nobody's posted the video yet? Guess I'll be the spoonfeeding faggot then. The only way to fight rebelling robots is, obviously, with more robots.

>http://www.k3loid.com/
>>
>>28293244
What hes saying is object recognition glitches.
Like it sees an old lady carrying a bundle of groceries and wastes her because its stupid image regocnition software got a 92% match confirming that it was a rifle.

Or scale of force, which is more of a spectrum than a series of set in stone levels of response. The human mind can decide between hundreds of options and select the proper one within a split second based on training and expierience.

I liked elysium for depicting the issues with police bots, like how the main charecter mouthed off and the robot immediatley jumped to "break his godddamned arm" mode.

A human officer can communicate in a way that changes or modifies the suspects behavior in an infinitude of subtle micro expressions and body language cues, (and maybe even phermones according to emerging research).

A robot can only emit a pureley verbal warning and any attempts to make it convey body language push it into the uncanny valley where its just human enough to be revolting in its inhumanity thus further antagonizing an opponent into violence (humans have an inherent instinct to avoid direct violence with eachother unless necessary, an inhuman opponent would not be afforded the same escalation of threat posturing and warning cues a human one would be afforded.

In short robots would make shitty cops. 60 percent of human communication is non-verbal, the majority of a cops job is communication. People would have zero moral aprehension against attacking one, thier behavior would further antagonize and encourage violence, and they would be unable to react beyond a series of force "platues" that skip any of thousands of other options thus rendering them both predictable and incapable of subtlety.
>>
>>28294617
There are a lot of implications there about the kind of "intelligence" a robotic officer would be using.
>>
>>28294632
You are correct, i'm going off of current understandings of computer programming.

Maybe in the future shit will be advanced enough to allow robots to imitate human communication and decisionmaking perfectly.

But the uncanny valley thing still counts.

Robots might escalate violent situations mereley be not being human, after-all its not cop killing if the cop is an inatimate object, so maybe crooks would be more inclined to shoot it out once the taboo of taking a human life is not involved.
>>
just use an Electromagnetic pulse, there really isn't a defense against a short concentrated pulse, it'll completely fry the robot. install Malware that will overheat the battery and spread it to all the other robots (which is easy sense it's encrypted and they are peer to peer).

obviously since they are using Lithium-Oxygen batteries or greater, a breached power cell would cause a sizable exposition.
>>
>>28294681
Their brains are almost certainly fully encapsulated and grounded. Most sensitive military hardware is EMP hardened.
>>
>>28294693
then just disable it some other way; the important bit is being able to infect it with Malware to detonate/destroy their batteries. with the amount of information that is being sent to peer robots and central it'll be a sinch to slip in some malware undetected.
>>
>>28294681
>really isnt a defense against EMP

Faraday cage aka grounded metal box.

Do you even know how EMP works?

Its not some magical invisible anti-technology blast.

Its magnetic fields building up charge and burning out/shorting micro-circuitry.

So if you ground your shit the charge buildup just goes into the dirt, and its pretty standard for virtually any piece of military electronic gear thats worth more than a couple grand.
>>
>>28288035
Find where the fuck the processor is and go hard at it with a sledgehammer.
>>
>>28294681
>>28294693
>>28294738
You don't have to disable/fry the brain of the machine, you just have to disable the limbs or its senses (mainly sight)
>>
>>28288338
EMPs don't work like they do in the movies

>/k/
>believes hollywood myths about EMPs and other shit
>gets anal about gun hollywood myths
>>
>>28294738
yeah, i know how EMPs work, this entire plan assumes that the main communications and executive functioning is grounded but alternative non-grounded functions would be disrupted. hell you can do the same plan with a cellphone jammer and a sledge hammer.
>>
>>28289286
>the later has the issue that you're literally just killing someone doing their job. not a good way to gain popular support
nah, they're helping the enemy. it's like in half life two, no one has any qualms killing the cops, despite them being human, because they're aiding the tyrannical alien government.
>>
.50 Big Muthafuckin Gun to each limb.
>>
i fuck it
>>
>>28289080
Seconded
>>
>>28294988
this.
>>
>>28288035
>can't be hacked
The password is either password or Password1234
>>
>>28295079
This x1000
>>
>>28294601
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAOXT6U/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_HWSEwbT3YS2KF

It's on amazon where anyone can buy it.
>>
>>28289907
then spit some ideas out hot shot
>>
>>28295588
has anyone said microwave gun? that's what i'd use.
>>
File: ASIMO_4_28_11.jpg (468 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
ASIMO_4_28_11.jpg
468 KB, 2000x3000
>>28292991
>The cost of remote-controlling a robot is NOT the same cost as remote-controlling anything else!!!!!
Shit, better tell Honda!

Just how closely were your parents related?
>>
>>28288894
What about adding Sugar and KNO3 to the mix, like in this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPGG5xroyzM
>>
Really surprised I'm the first one to suggest it.

Big ass wire snare. Attach to a couple oil drums full of bricks, wait for Gizmo to walk into ring of death

Snap, whip, suddenly you have a million dollar pinata.
>>
File: fembot cop.jpg (3 MB, 3199x2424) Image search: [Google]
fembot cop.jpg
3 MB, 3199x2424
>>28294617
>>28294657
>Robots might escalate violent situations merely be not being human

maybe that's the point? to weed out of the population those with a disposition to 'fight back' or have the weapons to do so

>>28294837
>no one has any qualms killing the cops, despite them being human, because they're aiding the tyrannical alien government
yeah, but what about killing the janitor that mops the floor or the 'civilian' technician that checks the drones fluid levels or any other not actual law enforcement person that work or happen to visit a police station on any given day?

>>28294988
>>28295075
do not sexualize the tools of oppression
>>
in a city environment? theres no physical way for either your bots or their handlers to recognize, chase, and find a random schmuck with a decent rifle & a scope hiding four stories up in an inconspicuous apartment block before hes got several shots off & has at least a decent head start out of there.

lets say hes a nogunz that joined the rebels. hes learning quick, but hes still only got what, a one in five type of accuracy? lets go with that, and say he blows off five or six shots before running like hell. that means youre pretty much guaranteed to do at least SOME damage every confrontation. if youre all sneeky beeky like, he can drop his shit down the laundry chute on his way out, to a waiting accomplice. he takes off his mask (precaution if the bots have REALLY good 360° cameras, probably not that necessary, but hell theres a war on) and blends into the teeming crowd. his buddy leaves with a perfectly normal case out the other entrance, & they both disappear.

a decent shot at doing damage, little to no chance of being caught, no incriminating purchases, & zero collateral. guerrilla is the way to go, we will always be more mobile than the government.
>>
>>28296093
If they're not a guard, aiming a gun at their head would probably keep them in place and dissuade them from doing any bullshit.
>>
>>28293361
that whole book was great until the rat cage thing. I understand they were appealing to his biggest fear, but what a faggy, anticlimactic, way to do it.
>>
>>28288791
>>EMPs
>>nuclear

Uhh not that anon but directed EMP at the level to take on an army of robots would require nuclear detonation.

Unless at that point humans have harnessed the power to control lightning.
>>
>>28295923
You're not
>>28293147
>>
>>28288392
Should his helmet not say WR V not I?
>>
>>28291026
Very underrated post.
>>
>>28297309
idk ask a bong
>>
>>28288035
>pick up that can
Too bad that metrocops in Half-Life 2 are just humans in robot-like suits.
>>
File: upl52ee27a236cb2.jpg (34 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
upl52ee27a236cb2.jpg
34 KB, 700x420
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmMiGsjtwiA

RPG's and other explosives.
>>
>>28297127
You mean, like, electricity?
>>
>>28296374
>five or six shots
>acoustic detectors cue the optics to the building and floor on the first shot
>the second shot identifies the exact window and policebot #1 takes advantage of its networked sensors to fire a 40mm gas grenade filled with quantum dots through it
>the overhead surveillance sparkles everyone exiting the building to check for dusting [substitute an IR dye for poorfag countries]
>the overhead persistent surveillance rewinds the last 48 hours to track everyone else entering and leaving the building, carrying cases, and where they went throughout the city
>everyone suspicious looking gets a SWAT visit to have their biometrics taken and hands/faces swabbed for powder residue

Every technology mentioned in this greentext has been fielded in Afghanistan for a minimum of 5 years.
>>
>EMP is so good
>EMP is so shit
>EMP is so Hollywood

EMP is an antiquated buzzword m8s. HPM is the new shit, high powered microwaves. It's like Hollywood EMP, except real.
>>
>>28288035
Reminded me of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nc8a9gnDso
>>
File: NTW-20.jpg (28 KB, 1200x374) Image search: [Google]
NTW-20.jpg
28 KB, 1200x374
If I can get one of these with HE, you have my answer.

If not, M82CQs with Raufoss rounds.

Either situation, shooters in multiple locations. Hit and run, guys on the ground grab their gats and run. Once we have collected enough gats, tactics switch to lighting them up. If it doesn't 'kill' them, maybe all the impacts knock something loose.
>>
>>28300330
>You mean, like, electricity?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_pulse
>>
>>28288413
>Stairs and doors.
Real Daleks just level the building.
>>
Threads like these with no basic real thought put into the situation lead to meaningless responses
>how do you kill overpowered robot?
>big overpowered gun!
>anyone who tries to devise a real strategy is met with "nuh uhhhh"
>>
File: butterbot.jpg (235 KB, 725x800) Image search: [Google]
butterbot.jpg
235 KB, 725x800
>>28304402
it's no different than how do you fight the government that has recon satellites, gunships, and armored division?
>i grab muh nugget and go inna woods
it's just a cheeky though experiment
those that post 'serious' responses usually get shitted on because their well thought out response is usually shit
>>
File: M-899.jpg (170 KB, 752x500) Image search: [Google]
M-899.jpg
170 KB, 752x500
Rugs.
Put rugs down everywhere. Make sure they all have fasteners on all sides and are really durable.

A robot's main challenge is keeping its balance. Your guerrilla rug warfare men will just keep posted in the shadows and wait. When the robot target walks into the danger zone you just yank that bitch around real fucking quick. They'll fall over and you just wrap the cunt up really tight. Ropes and chains as necessary.
Now you can just ship them out to be scrapped by your resistance comrades. You don't even need to use and bullets if you need to put one down after rug wrapping. Just tie its head/arms to one truck and its feet/legs to another and rip it in two.
>>
>>28288035
>can't be hacked

Jam it.
>>
>>28306589
OP already specified that they can continue to work autonomously, so all you've really done is prevent firmware updates or some shit
>>
>>28288035
>comm signals can be blocked,
spark-gap transmitters. Spark-gap transmitters errywhere.

>they're generally immune to small arms fire
Bitches don't know about my EFP. Or fiddy.

> in regards to heat they can tolerate the same temperatures human fire fighters can for almost an hour

When they go into a building, bike chain the doors and throw molotovs. They may get out, but you're long gone by that time.

> but power line level voltage will fry components
Its a city, power-line voltages are everywhere. Get creative.

>can run 30 mph; 36 hour high activity battery life; see in dark;
And?

>facial recognition system connected to watch list database
masks, dazzle makeup, and IR lights would be good for that... or just using someone who isn't on the watchlist.

>bomb sniffing components installed
Make the bomb air-tight then.

>grizzly bear strength; sub-moa grouping with almost any firearm after the second shot
Doesn't matter

>always patrol in units of two;
So they are always outnumbered and outflanked? Good, we have the advantage.

>armed with .460 S&W Magnum auto-guns with 300 rounds
Unimportant.

All in all, this drone program shows the government's *weakness.* They do not know how to fight against urban guerrilla's if they are turning to a program like this.

The layman might look at this and see strength. The guerrilla know that it gives him much more operational flexibility and more relative safety.
>>
Napalm them. Firefighters can't stand fire burning on their suit for long. Fire is not gonna do any good for the sensors. Thermal sensors are especially fucked. Because they are non-human targets it's geneva convention ok!

Second what the fuck does can operate autonomously mean? Can they open doors, shoot, pick up stuff, crawl, clean a room, etc autonomously?
>>
File: 1276434219431.jpg (27 KB, 235x367) Image search: [Google]
1276434219431.jpg
27 KB, 235x367
>>28288035
>Lure them into ambush
>Pin them against walls using trucks
>Possibly entrap them using faraday cages of chicken wire
>Use lures/traps. The "Antaeus Principle" of denying them sure footing or leverage applies here.
>Scramble them with magnets/magnetic fields
>Cover every street with those 6mm plastic pellets that annoy the hell out of your mom when she's trying to vacuum the carpet.
>spray paint their sensors
>confuse their infrared with foil cutouts that radiate heat differently than their surroundings
>strap bombs to them so that their headquarters has to abandon the units in the field
>>
File: prototype mech.jpg (224 KB, 940x1412) Image search: [Google]
prototype mech.jpg
224 KB, 940x1412
>>28306717
>what the fuck does can operate autonomously mean
when connected to network they can be telepresence operated by Federal Operators / monitored by humans
cut off their AI takes over
>>
>>28292946
>they're literally programmed to treat every citizen the same
Which inevitably means that they will target minorities more due to minority areas having higher amounts of crime.
>>
>>28306690
He wouldn't be able to call for backup.
hook yer microwave to a satellite tv dish and choot it with an elk slayer rifle a few times in the optics systems and batteries.
>>
>>28288035
I appreciate the trigger discipline...but do robots really need that shit?
I mean, they're fucking robots
>>
Tiger pit
>>
>>28307050
Well something might bump them and cause them hit the trigger. Fingers are too small to put huge amounts of strength into
>>
>>28306841
What if their AI starts to question the oppressive regime they prop up?
Thread replies: 228
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.