[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ammunition and surplus cleaning information thread...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image:43731.jpg (48 KB, 594x446) Image search: [Google]
image:43731.jpg
48 KB, 594x446
I am about to purchase two cases of old military surplus spam cans that contains 7.62x54r and before I do that and take my 91/30 mosin nagant to the range Is there any way on how to properly clean the ammo before use and this is a serious question here I am asking. I do not want trolls or dumb liberal idiots on here and I do not want to hear ( hurr durr throw it into the tumbler hurr durr! ) I have heard this countless of time and i do not want to fucking do that it is careless and dangerous to do that to live ammo!!! And plus I don't have a tumbler so like I said before is there anyway on how to clean the ammo because I just want to keep my rifle in a healthy condition and safe that is all...
>>
>>28285219
If they are sealed tins there shouldn't need to be any cleaning of the cases before shooting.
>>
>>28285219
I just wipe mine down with a dry, old, cut up T shirt. It gets the majority of the crud off.
>>
>>28285219
you could wipe down every round with a rag if you want, thought they should not be dirty if they come from a spam can.

the reason your gun will get dirty is because of the gunpowder inside the cartridge and ultimately the explosives in the primer is the corrosive part.

always clean your gun after shooting corrosive primer ammo, even after shooting non-corrosive ammo you should still at least wipe it down and run some cloth thru the barrel.
>>
>>28285219
yeah it's the propellant and primer that dirt up your rifle, not dirt on the bullets or casings. cartridges should never need to be cleaned unless they actually get dirty. drop a few on the ground? wipe 'em off on your shirt and feed 'em in.
BUT MAKE FUCKING SURE
that you do a good job cleaning the rifle after you shoot.
BTW spam cans are sealed up just like food cans, when I opened my first, the smell of Tula's workshop floor hit me like a ton of bricks. So nice.
>>
>>28285339
>>28285299
>>28285241
>>28285236
Good job replying to a copypasta troll post.
>>
>>28285608
god forbid people actually being helpful
>>
>>28285219
Put it in the Microwave, it will literally bake the crud right off. It won't hurt the metal because the temp is too low for it to do any damage
>>
>>28285219
This stale pasta won't ever be discarded will it?
>>
File: 1427953659725.png (701 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1427953659725.png
701 KB, 1280x1280
Sounds like a job for lewd-not pony!
>>
>>28285219
Mmm copy pasta.
>>
>>28285219
Really look into the ammunition. Take into account when it was produced and by what country. A lot of surplus ammo is made very cheap for the sake of war efforts and have a higher content of corrosive salts in the primer. Additionally you should take into account the type of climate you live in. Shooting corrosive ammo in humid climates definitely speeds up the process.

The most important thing is that you clean the shit out the rifle after you shoot it. My method was filling the barrel with windex and letting it sit in there on the way home from where I shot. Then I'd use a strong bore cleaner to pick up all the copper since the salts can get under streaked copper in the barrel and continue corroding. Once you've cleaned the hell out of it and oiled it thoroughly, come back in a week to run a dry patch to check for corrosion.

Honestly, I stopped using the stuff because I could never completely prevent corrosion and there is a lot of variability in the ammo even in terms of the copper content of the bullets.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.