[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do indians take pride of BrahMos, as if it was a thing they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: brahmos-in.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
brahmos-in.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Why do indians take pride of BrahMos, as if it was a thing they made, when it's practically ALL russian tech?
Also, I read somewhere that they "made" an anti-supersonic defense system with the israelis. WTF? Why would you give *anyone* the tech to defeat your own missiles?
And finally, what do you think about BrahMos?
>>
I don't think its about the origin of the tech but more like the Indians now have the capability to defend itself competently against rival powers with a pretty decent weapon in their arsenal
>>
>>28285093
oh, I forgot to ask: why did the russians help the indians with this? what did they gain? why didn't they just keep the tech for themselves instead, and sold it to india?

>>28285125
well, they also have the capability to build these missiles, too. I just hope they don't sell it or give it to anyone else, though... but apparently they actually did, they gave the tech to israhell.
>>
>>28285186
>why did the russians help the indians with this?

Dolla dolla bills yo
>>
I love how India and China are both supposed to be major countries, yet don't even have the military infrastructure to develop their own indigenous designs for the most part.

I will give India credit for building a main battle tank, unlike China which continues to coast on Russian designs.
>>
>>28285093
>Why do Americans take pride of defeating the nazi, as if it was a thing they made, when it's practically ALL russian job?
Same answer - they paid for that. Talked with delegation on MAKS 2015 - this thing is really fucking expensive for Russian tech.
>>
>>28285186
>oh, I forgot to ask: why did the russians help the indians with this? what did they gain? scored them lots of money as well as political brownie points.
>why didn't they just keep the tech for themselves instead, and sold it to india?
license production as well as complete tech transfer gives them mad bank as well as even madder political points than just selling. in fact, like most stuff sold in the 90s, they pretty much paid for the development of next gen Russian stuff as well as maintaining the factories and the designers of whatever company that sold the stuff.
>>
>>28285209
>>28285610
>>28285758
right. money.
it's really sad that the USSR fell... they would be doing ever cooler stuff these days...

anyway, have some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3XeQ5VBrw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NOkwGoxMFo
any indians here? how do write "brahmos"? (it's written "бpaмoc" in russian, I think)
>>
>>28285840
Here.
We just call it BrahMos(b and m capital)
If your asking about how its written in our language,we have about 24 official languages.take your pick
>>
>>28285897
lol, ok.
can you find recent videos in youtube or news websites? for some reason, I can find just a few, many of these being repeated once and once again
>>
>>28285917
We have very few.I never was able to find much whenever i tried reading about them.youll have better luck finding russian videos of brahmos.Indians dont make much videos about military tech ;_;

The most recent was a gif of a submarine launched version of brahmos.
https://media.giphy.com/media/LjQmZzYuARJF6/giphy.gif
>>
File: 1441623609024.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
1441623609024.gif
2 MB, 636x288
>>28285989
>>
>>28286102
nice. for some reason, I find lots of russian stuff really sexy... their planes, their fucking missiles, the guns, lots of things.
>>
File: 20909003372_445d065e53_o.jpg (509 KB, 2048x1337) Image search: [Google]
20909003372_445d065e53_o.jpg
509 KB, 2048x1337
>>28285533
India's MBT is basically a T-72 chassis with a badly designed Leo-2A1 turret.

China's Type 99A has an indigenous turret and chassis.

Also,

>comparing India who cannot even conduct maintenance of their own fighter jets and have to send them back to Russia to do it for them with China, who is currently outproducing everyone in Asia and the world aside of America with warships and warplanes.

Seriously?
>>
>>28286387
Russia requires them to RMA the engines to Russia. They won't let them work on them.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.