[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Other than renting a .22 rifle every now and again, I mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1445433026920.gif (386 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1445433026920.gif
386 KB, 300x200
Other than renting a .22 rifle every now and again, I mostly stick to my pistol. Yesterday I got to shoot a Remington 870 and goddamn that thing has some kick. That being said, I hardly had to aim it and it still bullseyed a target at 25 feet. I'd like to try some other ones, but ammo is expensive and after 15 shells I started to bruise a little. Do they make milder shotguns/ less powerful shells?
>>
>>28284726
20 ga.
>>
>>28284726
>Do they make milder shotguns/ less powerful shells?

Yes.
>>
>>28284726
>ammo is expensive

No it's not. Range is ripping you off
>>
>>28284726
yes, but it's easier to just not be a pussy.
>>
>>28284731
/thread
>>
File: High_Brass_Lo[1].jpg (58 KB, 770x490) Image search: [Google]
High_Brass_Lo[1].jpg
58 KB, 770x490
>>28284726
>Do they make milder shotguns/ less powerful shells?
I'm guessing you were using slugs or something far more expensive and powerful than target loads.
The low brass(left two, should be obvious why it's called that) target loads will be FAR cheaper. But you won't have all the ammo options since they're generally made for clay shooting.
There's lower velocity variations of buck/slugs too with more of a "medium" brass, but they'll still be a lot more expensive than target loads.
>>
>>28284726
>hardly had to aim it and it still bullseyed a target at 25 feet

Well no shit.
>>
>>28284737
ammo is expensive when you're not used to the prices of ammo. When compared to other hobbies, its pretty expensive.
>>
Next time you shoot a scattergat, make sure to request the 12 ga. 3 1/2 inch shells.
>>
Get a 410 then
Or if you have some hair on your chest find a 2 or 4 gauge
>>
>>28286138
25ยข each for birdshot here.

$1 for slugs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.