[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have no military experience or with weapons for that matter,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: FFL-.jpg (315 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
FFL-.jpg
315 KB, 1200x798
I have no military experience or with weapons for that matter,
I'm thinking about joining the foreign legion.

Anybody here can actually give me some insight first or second hand on it?
How hard is it?
The physical test for admission is even easier than my country's army, but the contract last 5 years so if it's hell I'm afraid I won't be able to push trough it.
>>
>>28283622
Get used to marching long distances in full gear.
>>
No chance, they take ex military and desperate people from 3rd world shit holes.

The entry exam is 3 weeks long. Doubt your country is tougher
>>
>>28283636
That's every fucking military everywhere.
>>
>>28283637
On the website the say "3 pushups and a Luc Léger endurance test" wich sounds really fucking absurd if you ask me.
>>
>>28283622
It's the same as joining any military for the first time.

Learn French and do a solid 6 months of training and you'll be right. The legion is nothing special, it's just full of fuckwits and the pay is low.
>>
>>28283668
>it's just full of fuckwits and the pay is low.

Well that kinda puts me off, that and the fact that it's full of niggers.
>>
>>28283673
There are black men in it. As much as any other military. France has a large non-White population.
>>
>>28283622
If you have not any of the skills necessary to be infantry and don't have any proficiency in French, you may as well not even try even if you are supremely physically fit. Just join your own army.
>>
>>28283636
So basically any Army in the world?

They say they make you March 60-120 for the kepi. It's done over 7 days with stops along the way. You camp at night too. Maybe one night they keep you up for a few hours of 'night marching'. Corporals need to sleep remember.

Best advice any soldier can give is that in the Army nothing is ever what it seems. Things aren't as hard as they are made to be. Often the life is a bitter disappointment then you realise you've become a real soldier.
>>
>>28283683
You do need basic French. They don't say so on their website but Yi won't get in without a basic grasp. They don't gave time to teach you a language.
>>
>>28283691
>>28283683
That's weird, but I did study french for 3 years so I think I should be fine with some refreshing.

>joing your own army
I can't, they require you to have a degree now.
>>
>>28283695
Makes sense it's peacetime.
>>
>>28283689
Kepi march is nothing. 120km in 7 days? Our beret march was 80km in 2 days, with stations, being attacked, etc. Ended with a 15km timed forest run in terrain (map and compass).
>>
>>28283661
You have to do 4 chin up(proper ones, from straight arms) before you can even walk through the gates to sign up. The guard out the front gets you to do this
>>
>>28283926
Tbh, if you cant do 4 chinups, you dont deserve arms...
>>
Oh boy, another thread made by a kissless virgin neckbeard who thinks they can operate from their basement.

The FFL is no joke, fuck up and you're getting beaten. Succeed and spend your days doing PT in Eritrea at 120 degrees or creeping around in French Guiana hunting drug smugglers for at least a month at a time eating what you can find.

It's a last resort option and if you have internet access to mull it over from the safety of your tendie dungeon, you clearly aren't doing that bad.

tl;dr git
>>
They still hit recruits so I hope you can take a punch and have thick skin.

Yes they will teach you french.

Their breakfast every morning is bread and coffee.

They March a shit load with too much gear and at a painfully slow pace.

They'll make you do like 10 strict form pull ups before even letting you in the front door.

I thought about it too so I did days of research and read a couple books.
Decided to just join my own countries military.

If you do get in expect to spend a lot of deployments in Africa. Where a lot of French colonies and former colonies are.
>>
>>28286547
On top of this, I did the math and the pay is horrible.
When I calculated it, if I did it and saved every penny I made, I'd come home with about 50k USD.
So the pay is equivalent to about 10k USD a year even after you make Caporal.
>>
>>28286547
You better learn it fast though.
>>
>>28286608
If you already speak English then French honestly isn't that hard.
I know it's not a reliable source to learn a new language at all but I was playing around with the dualingo app.
It won't make you fluent but gives you a good grasp on sentence structure, some grammer, and connotations.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.