[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been considering making ghillie suits to sell (fitted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1446313883715.jpg (77 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1446313883715.jpg
77 KB, 500x667
I've been considering making ghillie suits to sell (fitted to specific environs). Wondering if you think preppers/whoever would be interested?

Pic not related
>>
>>28283574
Idk maybe. But bumping for a potentially good idea
>>
My desire ro know more intensifies.
>>
>>28283574
All you need for a ghillie suit is a set of fatigues, and a bunch of burlap sandbags.

Atleast that all our snipers ever used to make thiers.

Theyd unravel the sandbags and use a heavy guage sewing needle to thread em through the fatigues until theyd turned it into a ghillie suit.

Then they go roll around in the mud/bushes/grass for a few days to naturalize it to the area.

Except in 99 percent of thier missions they never even wore it.
>>
>>28283699
I know this all, I'm just interested if its marketable to have someone send me a pic of their intended landscape and I put together a reasonably priced ghillie suit for them (say, materials + a small sum, essentially making less than minimum wage because I like making ghillie suits).

I've been considering putting together preps that have stashes all over the Pacific Northwest as well with a map that I send to them so they can go get them when the time comes. Basically, do all the finer details of someone's prep. I have a design for a hammock hat should cost ~ 20-30 dollars that would be ultra light weight and bug proof. Could ghillie that too if they felt the need. Basically have a lot of little ideas and was wondering if preppers would be interested.
>>
I'd buy one for shits and giggles.
Never was able to find a decent premade suit, the notion has always been "make your own or fuck off"
>>
>>28283734
Yeah, I know I could make them for fairly cheap (keeping in mind they are a ghillie suit, however the most expensive part seems to be the base).

So the general consensus is that if they are any good then I should go for it?
>>
>>28283713
Whats to stop them from just stealing the caches tho?
>>
>>28283574
Unless you can make and sell them under the cost of commercial sets it will be a waist of time.

People ask me all the time for ghillie suits in my shop. I've ordered and sold 2 in 8 months. Everybody wants one till they see it costs $100.
>>
>>28284016
Is $100 a lot where you are?
>>
>>28284023
I don't think so but when dealing with Red Guards and Fudds they seem to think so.
>>
>>28284016
I think I can make one for around $60 that's p. damn good. I'll have to figure out what my work has in its scrap bin but overall I think we have all the materials I need minus base layer.
>>
>>28283966
I meant chaches specifically for them. I would ask them what they want in their caches and what their plan of action is for the apocalypse, and then I'd assemble and place the caches specific to their needs.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.