[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11
File: IMG_20140514_195033.jpg (730 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140514_195033.jpg
730 KB, 2592x1944
Does your family enjoy funs anons?
>>
My dad and late grandfather. Everyone else is indifferent.
>>
My family is largely pro-gun, but none of us shoot on a regular basis.
>>
My dad does, but rarely does he ever shoot. He still beats me every time with ring sights.
>>
>>28283485
my dad has a minor felony from when he was younger so he can't own guns, he likes gun though, does anybody know if it would be legal for me to take him to a shooting range?

my mom has a better arsenal than i do lol

bro has a couple guns but my sister is scared to shoot rifles, she likes handguns though.
>>
>>28283485
they dont enjoy it but they arent anti. its not like they go to the range for fun

>>28283523
its technically illegal for him to even be in the same house as you with your guns. you're probably fine but youre putting him at risk for arrest
>>
>>28283523
Did he do his time? Why can't he own guns?
>>
>>28283534
oh he doesn't live with me I have my own house
>>
>>28283540
yeah he did his time and paid the fines a long time ago, felons are not allowed to be near guns I guess
>>
>>28283543
What did he even do? If he did his time or paid the fines shouldn't his right to own guns be restored?
>>
>>28283551
well it was a violent felony with a deadly weapon, got drunk and chopped his computer to pieces with a claymore so my mom called the cops, didn't even get prison time just a few months in jail and a lot of fines and alcohol rehab and mandatory aa meetings.
>>
>>28283551
He shot a man in reno just to watch him die
>>
>>28283543
he shold talk to a lawyer, if it was like minor drug stuff or DUI that can usually be restored
>>
>>28283563
Why is there a trashcan above my post?
>>
>>28283562
So he was charged with assault with a deadly weapon on a computer?
>>
>>28283570
I don't know, probably felony domestic violence and brandishing of a deadly weapon
>>
No. They were all absolutely TERRIFIED of them. And they are all super-libs; I'm the first conservative in the family. However; once they got over the initial shock that I owned many guns: and after a few years, we've talked about a certain gun, or guns in general, and while they still don't "support" guns; they now understand why someone would, and have REALLY started to get the importance of the second amendment; especially in comparison to the rest of the bill of rights. Progress I guess?
>>
My dad enjoys them mechanically but I don't think he ever shot one.
>>
Got a few myself, parents favor shotguns. Looking to get my sister a small revolver.
>>
My dad had an FFL for 35 years, was/is a fairly renowned gunsmith in the Dakotas. He owned another business, but guns and gunsmithing were his passion.

I grew up in a house that had ~300 guns in it at any given time. Now I figure he only has about 60 or so. When I go see him I'll try to remember to take pictures.
>>
My pops is currently SWAT and has been LEO for 30+ years. My mom thinks I'm gonna blow my brains out with them and he invites me to the range. It's mixed. My grandparents were skeptical as first but they now own several shotguns for home defense. GF was unbiased but I took her to the range once and she was hooked.
>>
>>28283485
My dad and I still regularly go to the range together. He fell absolutely in love with my new Mossberg MVP because he'd only have to buy one type of mag for it and his AR. My mom is pro-gun but completely indifferent to shooting. My sister is pro-gun and loves to shoot unfortunately she's dating this abysmal pile of shit who has a couple of felonies on his record so she doesn't go anymore and since he lives with her she does't want any in her apartment since the jackass lives with her.
>>
My uncle does, and he's a huge try hard faggot.
>>
Dad has a nuggit to use as an exclamation mark when shouting at birds to shut the fuck up and let him sleep. He rarely hits anything but it's always a jolly good show
>>
>>28283485
Yes he is a vet and loves guns and hunting.
He also works for Nintendo.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>28283485
For the most part.
Dad got me into firearms, and my moms father was a big clay shooter who was apparently excellent at it.
Firearms are one of my biggest hobbies as a result, and I'll make it a part of my kids' like too.
>>
>Britbong in Texas
>Oldman never served or has even touched guns
>Bring him over for a vacation
>Take him to the range
>Loves it, shot all sorts
>Always asks if i have anymore guns when on the phone
>Sad to see him go back to Bongland
>Wont get to shoot with him for another 7 years
>Tfw he said he was proud of me for serving and the man ive become
>Tfw tried not to cry in the airport
>tfw he did
>>
File: 1447866095332.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1447866095332.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
Mom
>supports complete and total gun ban
>member of Coalition to Stop Gun Violence (formerly Coalition to Ban Handguns), Everytown (formerly Mayors Against Illegal Guns), Moms Demand Action, and The Brady Campaign
>voted for Hillary, supports Hillary in full confiscation
>goes around the country to states she doesn't live in to push gun bans or anti-gun bills
>thinks only police and military should have guns, yet also believes that police are racist and corrupt and military members are baby-killers
>has 3 anti-gun stickers on her car, next to her Greenpeace and Go Vegan! stickers

Dad
>ex-military, thinks only ex-mil, cops, and hunters should have guns
>supports assault weapons ban
>barely goes shooting
>voted for Obama, twice
>currently holds a CHL, but doesn't carry a gun

Both rarely talk to me, because the first thing I did when I left their house was buy a rifle. My mother called the cops on me saying I was "psychotic" and threatening to kill people, but when the cops came and found me working on my car they were dumbfounded. No charges were ever held against me, and she only spent a day at the police station. I've filed for a restraining order against her, because she constantly tries baiting me into getting into trouble. She calls gun owners crazy, yet she's a diagnosed schizoid.
>>
Family is largely very Fudd. They got mad when they found out I had an AK but have since warmed up to it a bit.
>>
>mom
used to shoot with airguns and 22s when young
think she's anti now (haven't really asked)
she doesn't mind that I have a 9mm handgun but has no clue I have rifles

>sister
think she's anti-rifle
wants a p226

>dad
owns handguns, no rifles
doesn't care about rifles
doesn't shoot his guns

>>28287655
shit man if my family sounded like that I would get barred from owning firearms because I'm be on suicide watch
>>
>>28287655
I'd change my damn name and bail on that shit forever.
>>
>>28283485
One brother and my mother.

All the others either don't like, don't care, or are fucking stupid and don't know how they really are.
>>
>>28287874
I'm getting married soon, so I'm going to opt in changing my name.

>>28287865
I deal with it, don't associate with them. Everyone in my family thinks I'm an asshole, but I do it mainly to get away from my psycho helicopter mom.

She was always "that mom". The one that would sue you if you didn't accomodate her special snowflake. I went through 8 schools as a kid, 3 elementary, 2 middle, and 3 high schools... and it completely fucked up my grades and social life.

I would've killed myself if I had to live with her permanently.
>>
File: get-a-job-hippy.jpg (114 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
get-a-job-hippy.jpg
114 KB, 600x462
Dad
>huge fudd
>has 15 guns yet not a single semi-auto or gun newer than 1975
>all wood furniture
>thinks only hunters should have guns
>thinks semi-auto and removable magazines should be banned (not even joking)
>like, as in only blind mags and integral magazines like tube mags allowed
>he has some sweet shit though, some gorgeous old/rare levergats

Mom
>doesn't give a shit, doesn't like guns but doesn't dislike them either
>just says "oh that's interesting" if they're brought up

Brother
>tacticool mallninja, tryhard as fuck
>only interested if it has black plastic furniture, was made after 2010, and has the highest mag capacity possible
>Has an AR and a Benelli Nova that he's covered in Magpul and useless accessories
>he's only 16 so hopefully he'll outgrow this shit when he gets older

All in all they're OK, just your typical gun owning family I guess.

We have to remember that we're all supreme memesters here and that /k/ isn't at all representative of gun owners in the US. We are the weird ones, not them.
>>
>brother collects slav shit
>dad collects everything
>little brother instructs at Apple Seed clinics
It's a pretty neat family.
>>
>>28283485
mostly, my liberal sisters used to be anti-gun but they've been warming up to them lately. their liberal college girl phase is fading now that they're getting older.
>>
>Mom
Fucking hates guns, her words. I can't tell why she thinks that beyond "They're made to kill people." and "You don't need a gun." I tried to talk to her about her position, which has lead to a gun talk/discussion/aqquisition moratorium. Still sending my RPAL application off after Xmas, during vacation.

>Dad
Giant fudd, claims all you need is hands-on experience and fuddlore, my words. Thinks rifles are a minimum $1000 and nothing older than 20 years is trustworthy or accurate, yet still has his pappy's side-by-side. Both Trudeau supporters and think, and I quote "Handguns are the reason the way the world is."

>Brother
Wannabe hoodrat who likes guns, like me. But only cares about guns surrounding hip-hop culture 9's, .40's etc. I don't like the idea that his interest is founded in thuggery, but he's not a violent guy at all. Despite his niggerism, he's been in less fights than me.
>>
>>28283485
Most of my family hates guns, and the most pro-gun family members I know are all fudds. They won't say it when you're around, but make no mistake, the final target of liberals is the total confiscation and prohibition of privately-owned firearms.

I got into shooting a few years ago when I lived in a more remote area when I went to college, and that was where I got into shooting. I really enjoyed it to, but then I had to move back to Toronto, so I don't have the opportunity to do it anymore, and it seems like guns are feared and hated by most people who live here. I started browsing /k/ last March because it gave me a way to learn about and share my interests with other people; it's a chance I would never get otherwise.
>>
>>28288287
You know what I think it is, fellow /k/anuck? People in this country got a terrible case of "blame the gun, not the psycho."
>>
>>28288158
why should a mans taste in music influence his life?
that would be like expecting someone who listens to death metal to bite the heads off bats every day.
>>
>>28288341
Look at the antis that are told guns are murder machines, they see a gun on a cop's hip and think about how effective they'd be as a mass shooter.

Believe it or not, when you are given conclusions about something prior to encountering it, you incorporate the pre-existing notions into your interactions with them.

A kid who's been influenced by nothing but brandishing, irresponsible dindus and has had no one to show how to be responsible? Yeah I want to be the person to show him how to do it right and responsible before he decides to get one of his volition and gets shotgun dick.
>>
>>28288320
>People in this country

It's more like people in Toronto. I went to Cambrian College in Sudbury, everyone either owned a gun or knew someone who did. My classmates mostly owned cheap rifles (Savage Axis, 10/22, SKS, etc) and we'd go shooting on weekends. I mention this to my coworkers in Toronto and the first question I get asked is if I ever shot someone. Just a joke, but it still says a lot about how far gone this city is.
>>
>>28283485
father side grandfather -avid collector, fun store owner. Died 8 years ago, left most everything to me and my father.
Mother side grandfather - fought in korea and vietnam. Brought back many funs that were lost in a horrible boating accident. Hunts regularly still goes to the shooting range at the ripe age of 80
Aunts and uncles on both sides also enjoy funs! not so much collectors but hunt and go to the range.

My mother is scared of guns
my sister is super liberal and hear about the evils in our house every holiday.
My father has more firearms then i can count.
I have a large collection thanks to grandfathers passing them down or buying them for gifts.
>>
For the most part yes.

My dad was kinda strange with guns. He would buy a gun, use it to hunt once and never clean it or use it again.

My Grandpa was in Korea and hunted a few times after the war but stopped in the 60s and sold his guns. He sent back a Grease Gun back from the war but his bitch mother sold it to a pawn shop in 1952

My Brother-in-Law likes guns alot but doesnt have many. He has alot of his grandpa's odd guns.

My uncles dont shoot but they have a 12 gauge and a .22

My grandma is strange in that she thinks guns are way to expensive. He dad was a typical woodsmen in the 30s. He had a Winchester and a. 22 dont know what happend to those.
>>
>>28288387
Halifax is just as bad. Then again, it's Halifax. We're like Sanfran if the foods was worse, the people gayer, and the city less interesting.
>>
>>28288425
>He sent back a Grease Gun back from the war but his bitch mother sold it to a pawn shop in 1952

I have never been more mad than I am right now desu senpai
>>
File: 1438018630863.jpg (40 KB, 599x577) Image search: [Google]
1438018630863.jpg
40 KB, 599x577
My mom gets nervous whenever my step dad and I clean our guns. I visit and we go to the range. She seems to think if guns are out they'll just go off for no reason.
>>
>>28283485

No, but oddly enough they like to post a bunch of shit on facebook about "muh second amendment" while not owning a single gun, honestly they're pretty insufferable people
>>
>>28288798
>I have never been more mad than I am right now desu senpai
not him, but when you say it like that, I can't help but to not take you seriously.
>>
File: double 1911 firing.gif (2 MB, 433x243) Image search: [Google]
double 1911 firing.gif
2 MB, 433x243
>>28283573
maybe it's for the better that he's not around funs.

Most of my close family enjoys going to the range with me. My grandmother asked that I take her to the range again soon, feels good man.
>>
No, but ever since the Paris attacks my mom wants a revolver and CCW, and my sister "wants to have a gun in the house" now. My mom took a basic pistol course in 2007 or so and my sister had a friend who took her to shoot his 10/22 with 50rd drum (in Cali), but neither felt anything toward them until recently.

>>28287655

Are you the guy whose dad owned guns and was a reasonable dude, before meeting a crazy environmentalist bitch who pussywhipped him hardcore? Tough break
>>
>>28288798
He sent it back NIB with 8 mags
>tfw calicuck
>tfw I could have had an M3A1
He also sent back a bunch of other stuff too. Fine china, Korean uniforms, random assortment of GI surplus and apparently he wanted to send back some MKII hand grenades. But of fucking course his mother the cum dumpster sold it all for bottom barrel prices and she took his pay checks too.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 599x400
>>28289697
>>
File: 1447019151281.webm (3 MB, 490x266) Image search: [Google]
1447019151281.webm
3 MB, 490x266
Mother hates them
Father is a fudd and only owns one firearm
My older sister is indifferent. Her boyfriend is an avid hunter though.
I think my younger sister is too stupid to have her own opinions on anything.
Closest aunt/uncle hates them
Grandmother is a fudd
No idea about everyone else.
>>
Brother thinks only mil and Leo should be able to have anything that has 'features'. Conveniently, he's both. I get red in the face at his hypocrisy. Rest of the family absolutely hates guns.
>>
>>28291469
Your brother is an authoritarian cocksucker.
>>
File: s2.png (334 KB, 397x455) Image search: [Google]
s2.png
334 KB, 397x455
My whole family came from Montana and is into guns. We don't get together often and I don't know them so well, but we had a reunion just last Summer and it was so fucking dank because all we did was talk about guns.

All my uncles have and shoot guns, same as my grandmother and grandfather.

As my whole family grew up around guns, so did I.
>>
>>28283485
Mom hates them.

Freaked out when she found my 10/22 rifle, but was okay with rifles.

Flipped her shit when she found my Ruger Mk III because >handgun

Now my room is awash with gunparts and locked cases. She won't let me buy a safe.
>>
Dad owns a couple of shotguns and is overall pro-gun but isn't super interested in them. Mom doesn't like guns and tried to dissuade me from anything gun related during my childhood but seem to have warmed up to them lately. One of my two uncles on my father's side is extremely pro-gun and own a bunch of rifles and shotguns while the other one doesn't like them (which is ironic since he's the only one in my family who went with a career in the military). My late grandfather was also super pro-gun, he owned a couple of pistols and an honest to God SMG. My sister has asked me to take her shooting which made me happy, gonna start her off with my .22lr lever action.
>>
Father's family grew up with guns for hunting, target shooting, and home defence. Grandpa on that side is 80 and CCs every day except for when he goes to church.
Mother's family is liberal Democrat, anti gun, "they're for killing, why do you want something that kills?" Folks.

My mom literally locked herself in her room and started crying when I got a nugget for Christmas my junior year of highschool.

Dad owns at least one gun that mom doesn't know about. Kucked.
>>
Yes.
And my 90lb 5' tall mom is a great shot with a 357 magnum.
My mother in law is the only one who is shitty about guns. She's like a super pro-democrat Obama minion who works for the state in social services.
>>
File: 1434069347018.png (29 KB, 498x276) Image search: [Google]
1434069347018.png
29 KB, 498x276
>>28283485
Dad has his grandfather's model 10 that he loves to shoot, but doesn't carry. He's not really pro-gun, but he hates anti-gunners just because he hates the bullshit sophistry associated with their arguments. I'm actually getting him a Walther ppk for Christmas and hopefully convince him to get his CCL.

Mom isn't anti but has an almost irrational fear of them. She still wants my dad and I to take her shooting at some point.

Sister and Brother just don't care about them.
>>
>>28283563
Haven't we all?
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.