[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PAP M90NP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
Dearest /k/ what do you think of pic related? I am almost sure come tax time I want to pic one up. Any thoughts?
>>
>>28280283

I can't help you bubby, but I'm interested in these as well. Already have a regular AK and AR, why not?
>>
>>28280283
cheapest 5.56AK that I know of and I've heard good things.
>>
>>28280283
No 90-degree gas block is a little offputting. Has anyone had any issues with that?
>>
File: Plum.jpg (3 KB, 123x92) Image search: [Google]
Plum.jpg
3 KB, 123x92
>>28280283
I just bought mine today and picked it up. I haven't added anything. I have some upgrades in mind but this gun accepts most Yugo AK furniture.
I am thinking about adding either
Tech sights rear ak top cover sights.
RS Regulate mount and Primary arms red dot
and a Zhukov stock and if I want to put a dremel to the gun I will add a Zhukov handguard.
I live in CA so I will be out to the range with it around New Years because weather sucks right now. But for now check out this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJriYuzUcGE
>>
>>28280530
hell yeah, I just watched that. Looks bretty grood so far.
>>
>>28280612
So could you tell me why you want to buy it? I personally bought it so I could use all of my ar mags, also it has an adjustable gas port so I can adjust it for suppressor use if I leave CA and go shoot in Reno, I can put it on low so that minimal gas is used and recoil is low so I can let my sis shoot it, and I can also get familiar with ak ergonomics and still buy only one type of ammo. Personally I wasn't impressed with ballistics of 7.62x39 when I shot my friends Romanian AK so I opted for this
>>
>>28280651
I have a SCAR and an AR so I'm pretty heavily invested in AR mags. I also only really want one ammo type.
>>
>>28280651
I invested in multiple uppers for my AR before this AK. So far I have a 14.5" and a 20" upper so I am wondering how the ballistics will be in relation to my AR.
The m90np has an 18" barrel and thats one of the reasons I liked it besides the beefy RPK receiver. I want to see how the piston system of this gun affects accuracy in comparison to a DI system.
>>
>>28280530
Does your gun have a bullet button? Where did you find compliance parts?
>>
>>28280931
I heard that yeah. I'm curious as well
>>
File: 1449211947171.jpg (38 KB, 450x652) Image search: [Google]
1449211947171.jpg
38 KB, 450x652
>>28281059
I had to order off a website called WyldeBuiltTactical in San diego, they ordered from Arizona and then I got it shipped to an FFL in norcal. All in all I had to pay 45$ plus for compliance parts including a bullet button and permanent flash hider which is bs. Also CA transfers are 100$. I shoulda ordered from Atlantic Firearms and it woulda been here on time, but I ordered in September and I am getting it now. This was my commiefornia experience
>>
File: 20151212_173712.jpg (1 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
20151212_173712.jpg
1 MB, 2340x4160
>>28280283
Love the little guy
>>
>>28281802
Nice PAP M85. What handguard you got?
>>
>>28281828
Manticore arms renegade forearm
>>
>>28281865
>>28281802
Is your gun picky about ammo? also does yours have an adjustable gas intake like the M90?
>>
>>28281916
It eats everything I feed it, but it doesnt have an adjustable gasblock
>>
>>28281946
How is the maintenance? also do you ever think about adding any optics?
>>
>>28281916
>>28281996
Different M85 owner here. Got my cuck stamp a couple months back and owned it for a little over a year with a steady diet of Wolf and Tula 55 and 62 grain. Probably a little over a thousand rounds thru it. I found that out of my Tapco, USGI green follower, PMAG, and Sig Sauer 556 mag (tilting shitty follower) it only fed reliably out of the pmag and sig mag. The Tapcos fed fine brand new however after keeping em loaded for about 6 months the springs shit out on em. Never buying tapco mags again. The USGI mags (ive only got 2) didnt feed for shit but it could be old springs. Acquired them from a platoon box and never tested em in anything else. As far as thru the PMAGs, 100% reliable except for one crazy malfunction in the first 300 rounds that ive never seen of before or since in any rifle. It was a double feed off a pmag where one round successfully chambered and his dingleberry buddy just fell into the receiver. The live round wedged itself in the receiver and i fired who knows how many rounds with the stowaway until it shook loose and jumped in front of the bolt wedging itself against a locking lug and the trigger mechanism holding the bolt open. I said fuck it, racked the charging handle dropping the round back into the receiver and fired a few more rounds before field stripping it to take the round out. Shit was awesome. Wish i had taken pics. Tldr; i love my m85 and want an m90.
>>
>>28281996
Forgot to even answer the question....cleaning is a breeze, everything cakes onto the piston which is I believe chrome lined so it just wipes right off. No different than any other AK except maybe a bit quicker. Haven't had any issues of surface rust inside or out and I live on the west coast of FL near the beach.
>>
>>28280283
I really want a 556 ak but I want a nice one so I'm hoping the New Archers gome in 2016
>>
>>28282452
Awesome to hear man, I have to say that 5.56 works in an AK quite amazingly. Maybe your issues had to do with low pressure required to cycle the piston, which is why I assume you had an issue with the double feed. You know what they say about AK's, when they malfunction its some magical unicorn type stuff you never see anyhow so reliability isn't too much of an issue.
>>
>>28282452
Just to add about that malfunction, I think the round that was stuck in the receiver and didn't affect the following was due to the sexy thick girl RPK receiver. I have to say that thanks to this I am a definite fan of Yugo rifles and Zastava.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.