[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recoil control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
Could these theoretically help you control the recoil of a gun better by building hand and forearm strength? Been also thinking of using em as a pre shooting warm up.
>>
what are you shooting that you cant control the recoil of? are you a grill? pls be in london
>>
check out IronMind for hand strengthening
>>
>>28280215
Work on your stance and grip position. You shouldn't need to increase grip strength
>>
>>28280233
>>28280269
It's not that I can't control recoil well. Far from it in fact. Not trying to brag but I can shoot .40 like 9mm. It's just I'm always looking for weird ways I can improve technique.
>>
>>28280215
yes
>>
>>28280239
Are they better than pic related?
>>
>>28280311
to clarify, yes increased hand strength will help with recoil and grippers will help get you there.

but no, using them as a pre shoot warm up probably wont help.
>>
>>28280349
Why wouldn't they?
>>
>>28280347
IronMind is the authority on hand strength, but pay attention to their recommendations on where to start, only a handful of people on earth can close their hardest gripper. they offer a lot of info on their site to help you.
>>
These work the forearm muscles. You can just do forearm curls whenever you are getting /fit/ to help.
>>
When I was 13 years old, and shot a 12ga for the first time, I would do pushups at night to "build my chest" hoping to handle the recoil better. I'm now 6'1" and shoot 3" slugs from the hip so prob xD

Now my nephew is in my adlescent stage of fearing thy mighty shotgun
>>
>>28280376
a death grip on your handgun will not help your marksmanship, squeezing the grip at 100% will induce shaking. but with greater hand strength you will be able to squeeze the grip harder before inducing shaking, you wouldn't need to warm up for that kind of percentage of maximum.
>>
>>28280392
>These work the forearm muscles. You can just do forearm curls whenever you are getting /fit/ to help.
well not really, grip muscles are different than wrist flexors.
>>
>>28280215
I have essential tremors which fucks with my grip strength. Not so much weakens it but the harder I grip the more I shake.

I've been working out more recently and I notice the stronger my grip gets the less I shake. So, theoretically, yes.
>>
Squeezing my handguns harder helped me learn trigger control better. I was so used to .22LR pistols with their super light, super smooth triggers.... then went to a Sig that has like, what feels like, 10 fucking pounds. Even my brother's custom Kimber feels heavy to me.
>>
>>28280215
I work out and my deadlift (was) at 405lbs. I also play guitar and crush a tennis ball with my (off) left hand almost constantly throughout the day while I do other things.

My left (support/weak) hand is considerably stronger than my right and I've noticed that it has improved my shooting a bit. I can grip the gun and my dominant hand harder with my left and loosen my right hand a little more and more delicately manipulate the trigger, which has improved my trigger pull/accuracy/speed. My grip/hold on the gun also feels considerably more solid and better at controlling recoil.
>>
>>28280486
>Squeezing my handguns harder helped me learn trigger control better.

squeezing the gun harder (at least before you start shaking) will actually mask poor trigger control, if your sights are moving with a light grip your trigger control needs some work. that said, gripping harder will mask it and will help manage recoil so...
>>
>>28280215
do you even lift?
>>
>>28280215
http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21651169-strength-your-handshake-predicts-length-your-life-getting-grip
>>
>>28280215
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_w3fxnZss
>>
>>28280534
Yes I do actually
>>
File: 1433006327539.jpg (37 KB, 500x291) Image search: [Google]
1433006327539.jpg
37 KB, 500x291
>>28280233
>shooting
>in london
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.