[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Girlfriend is turning 21 and wants to get her CCW. Trying to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
File: fuckin gua.png (524 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
fuckin gua.png
524 KB, 700x900
Girlfriend is turning 21 and wants to get her CCW. Trying to help her find a carry piece, but I'm not sure what to get here. She's 5'6" maybe 120 lbs, not much upper body strength and she has trouble cocking my P226. I let her shoot a glock 17 once and she limp wristed so badly she almost dropped it. Since she can't handle recoil like at all and she lacks arm strength I was thinking a .38 revolver, but I'm not really sure which ones or if there is something better.
Care to help me out /k/?

>pic unrelated
>>
File: like_retards_in_rain.png (289 KB, 366x344) Image search: [Google]
like_retards_in_rain.png
289 KB, 366x344
Be a man and tell her to stop being such a limp-wristed faggot.
>>
>>28280091
I have, but I'd rather her first gun be something manageable and something she can use in a hectic situation
>>
File: Beretta_92FS.jpg (72 KB, 840x536) Image search: [Google]
Beretta_92FS.jpg
72 KB, 840x536
>>28280130
My point is that you teach her to handle 9mm/shoot properly first before you rush out and buy something to CC. Rent a 92FS and have her train on that before anything. If she still can't handle the recoil or can't grasp a gun properly, dump her or get some S&W 5 shot .38 Special.
>>
Jesus, teach her to shoot correctly before helping her arm herself. See if she can handle a Bersa .380
>>
>>28280252
Oh I'm not getting it for her yet, I plan on taking her to the range to try a bunch of pistols first, I just wanted some input. And yes I've tried teaching her, but she is very stubborn, so she'll just have to learn from her own mistakes
>>
File: FN5701.jpg (429 KB, 1737x1179) Image search: [Google]
FN5701.jpg
429 KB, 1737x1179
Get her a Five-SeveN
>>
Ruger lcr in 38.

Small
Low recoil
Hammerless
Hard to fuck up in a high stress situation. Just point and pull trigger
>>
File: 1440461606964.jpg (210 KB, 757x960) Image search: [Google]
1440461606964.jpg
210 KB, 757x960
>Limp wristed a full sized 9mm

Just a lack of training and control. If you aren't 5 years old you should have sufficient strength to control the weapon.
>>
>>28279996
>wants to get her CCW.
>not much upper body strength and she has trouble cocking my P226.
>shoot a glock 17 once and she limp wristed so badly she almost dropped it.
>she can't handle recoil like at all and she lacks arm strength

Have you considered that, after stating all of the above, someone like this has absolutely no business carrying a firearm for any reason considering they can barely even operate one to begin with? That they would possibly pose a significantly greater risk to themselves and people around them than a criminal would in the event that they had to use a firearm?

Get her a training class with an actual instructor. And maybe some grip crushers. And no, going to the range with you a handful of times is not decent or even passable instruction.
>>
>>28280391
Cool, I'll see if I can find one to rent
>>28280393
I'm taking her soon to try and teach her again
>>28280402
While I agree, I plan on taking quite a bit before she gets the permit, a trainer around here costs more than she can afford right now.
>>
>>28279996
teach her how to fucking shoot properly. You don't need arm strength to not limp wrist something.
>>
File: bg380 lettering.jpg (396 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
bg380 lettering.jpg
396 KB, 1296x728
I'd suggest a small .380, I like my s&w bodyguard but it has a pretty heavy trigger
maybe look into lcp, db380, etc
>>
don't you actually have to show that you're proficient with a firearm to get your ccw?
>>
>>28280473
not in my state
god bless america
>>
>>28280473
No, but I plan on getting her there before she gets it.
>>
>>28280473

My mother can't shoot for shit and has her CC permit. She's so afraid of her own gun that she drops mags, can't reload with any expediency even in relaxed situations, can't manage a jam or failure to feed, can't stand correctly, jerks the trigger, list goes on, etc.

Yet she has her permit.
>>
Saw this thread was up and instead of making a new one, I thought it'd be okay to ask a question regarding cc holsters.

Just submitted my ccw training cert to the sheriff [spoiler](4 years armyfag, I call any training paperwork a cert now.)[/spoiler] and was wondering what is the most comfortable and practical cc holster?

The concealed pistol will be a Beretta 92F or my 1911. What do you prefer and why? I've heard reaching across for shoulder holster can slow down on draw time and that hip holster can dig into ones hips. Any pros and cons for either style of holster? Thanks in advance!
>>
>>28280473
Ha, ha ha ha! I don't know how it is in other states, but in NE my "instructor" flat out said if you hit the paper 70% of the time at 15 yards you'll pass.

I disagree with a permit in general, but if you're going to have one at least make a point to it.
>>
>>28279996
Take her out shooting a lot more. Not being able to rack the slide and limp wristing at all is unacceptable in anyone weighing over 90 lbs.
>>
>>28279996
Teach her not to shoot like a faggot then get her a Glock 29.
>>
File: IMG_0421.jpg (1 MB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0421.jpg
1 MB, 2016x1512
>>28280313
nigga you and I both know the 5-7 is way too fucking big for girl hands
>>
>>28282979
d'awwww, puppy snowglobe
>>
>>28280278
Recent Bersa Thunder .380 purchaser here. 150 rounds through it brand new, had only one jam. Recoil is certainly nothing bad. They're certainly not problematic.

OP, I'd highly recommend taking her to a range with rentable firearms.

Personally, I found the Walther PPK/S to be really nice, given it's weight, for recoil. Still on the hunt for one. Each person fits different guns differently, though, so that's why I HIGHLY recommend rental ranges.
>>
>>28282979
you look like you have girl hands.
>>
>>28282979
Nice Snow globe
>>
>>28283877
OOOOHHH, SHIIIIIIIIT
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
Get your gf these
>>
File: 20151105_141934.jpg (514 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
20151105_141934.jpg
514 KB, 1280x960
>>28279996
your girlfriend is bigger than me
I carry a p250c
>>
>>5199747
a gp series or an airweight is fine
>>
ruger lc380 or lcp
ppk or bersa 380
>>
Why does anyone put up with these stupid weak skanks? you hang out with scrawny dudes that bitch and moan about everything whilst being unable to follow any kind of intelligent discussions? No? Why the Fuck is a vagina all it takes for you idiots to give these lame whores credit?
>>
>>28279996
When mine turns 21 in April I'll be getting her a Sig p290 in .380, she also liked the glock 42. The kahr and lcp we tried were a little too small to get a good grip on to charge it.
>>
My gril hated all of the small revolvers she tried. "They hurt to shoot" and they "Spray fire onto my hands". She ended up liking the feel of the Glock 19 Gen 4. She's 5'9" 128 with babby arms.

Women have this mental block where if they fail to do something once, it is deemed impossible. The gril tried to rack the slide on the 19 and failed. She exclaimed "It's too hard" and gave up before trying again with more effort. She eventually realized that it isn't "easy" and that it just required 10% more force. Now she gets this creepy smile on her face when she racks the gun successfully.

Women are capable of dealing with guns, you just have to convince them they can.

>>28283957

>your girlfriend is bigger than me

4U
>>
>>28286230
It took mine a couple times shooting with a pistol to get the hang of it. Didn't to that "can't do it, just give up" thing though.
>>
>>28286260
*didn't do
>>
>>28280252
>dump her

>Sweetheart--we share so much. Our interests, our goals for the future, our values... and the physical chemistry is amazing. I've never known someone who made me feel so wanted and complete
>but your groups are sloppy and to be honest, you're a fucking scrub lmfao

kek
>>
Kahr pm9
M&P Bodyguard
LCR
LC9
G42
G43

All of those are girl guns
>>
>>28286230
>>28286260
I've noticed the same thing. I wonder if it's part of the princess syndrome... if the lid on a jar is too tight, there's always been someone around to do it for her.

>>28285932
The only attractive woman I've been with who had some real grit was a depressive with intimacy issues. Feels bad man, I would take her back over a harem full of princesses if it weren't for the issues.
>>
Get her a sparkly pink EAA pavona.
>>
>>28280402
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>28279996
>has trouble cocking my P226
Why the fuck would you want her to actually have one in a dangerous situation? She sounds more likely to fuck it up and get it stolen or hurt herself.
>>
>>28282979
Is that a bike on your wall in the snow globes reflection?
>>
>>28287888

Trips demand more about the bike.
>>
fucking normies shut the fuck up about your disgusting girlfriends, women are terrible ah FUCK

ree, etc
>>
>>28280391
Read that as "a high school situation"
>>
22lr?
>>
>>28279996
P238
>>
File: top snek.png (452 KB, 1000x1102) Image search: [Google]
top snek.png
452 KB, 1000x1102
>>28288952
TOPKEK
>>
>>28279996
>She's 5'6" maybe 120 lbs, not much upper body strength
Where the hell is all that weight going then? Flandre is 5' 9" and claims that he weighed less than that in the past. If a skeleton that haunted Auschwitz can shoot shit there's no reason your girl shouldn't be able to.

>she has trouble cocking my P226
How does she cock it? Does she grip the slide and pull back, or does she both pull back on the slide and push forward with her other hand? Have her try the second one.

>I let her shoot a glock 17 once and she limp wristed so badly she almost dropped it
You're gonna want to have her practice quite a bit before getting her to concealed carry.

>Since she can't handle recoil like at all and she lacks arm strength I was thinking a .38 revolver,
If she can't get any better with practice, get a Ruger LCR in .38 special and load it with wadcutters, it'll have similar recoil to a .380 and will penetrate deep enough. Just remember, shot placement is everything.
>>
>>28285932
I want /r9k/ to leave.
>>
File: kimber pepper spray thing.jpg (87 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
kimber pepper spray thing.jpg
87 KB, 1155x1155
I gave up on my wife after getting her a .38 and then a .380 and she just carries around a Kimber pepper spray thing now.
She has a CCW.
Some people (especially women) just have no natural tool ability whatsoever and it can be scary no mater what you try every time they handle a firearm.
Also their more tight fitting clothing makes it hard to conceal so they are usually down to a purse or fanny pack which is shitty, especially the purse. I did get her a quick draw fanny pack but that's not something she is going to wear on a regular basis. She has little to no situational awareness what so ever anyway.
She bought me an AR-15 for Christmas though. We went to the gun shop to get her father a shotgun and she started asking the guy about the ARs and telling me "oh these don't have much kick I should get one for when we go shooting". She quickly finger fucked then bought an M&P15, I was like what the fuck are you doing? As soon as we got out into the parking lot she said "Merry Christmas".
I sure hope no one kills her :)
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.