[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wheelchair self defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
Do any of you know of any good instructors that teach self defense for people in wheelchairs? I recently started dating a paraplegic woman and want to teach her self defense but I have no practical knowledge around wheelchairs so I will refrain from teaching her anything beyond standard safe handling procedures for firearms.
I'm also hoping to learn with her so I can learn to work with someone in a wheelchair in a oh fuck situation.
Thanks in advance /k/
>>
You could conceal all kinds of shit in a wheelchair. Personally, I'd go for a pistol grip shotgun, an SBS, or a full sized handgun. Rolling those wheels builds strong hands and wrists. She could handle the recoil.
>>
File: shinbeating.jpg (279 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shinbeating.jpg
279 KB, 640x480
>>28279486
all she wants to do is suck your dick.
>>
>>28279598
Plus, a larger gun with more recoil doubles as an escape mechanism. Even if you don't put your attacker down on the first shot, the recoil will send the chair zooming backwards like some sort of horrible, horrible escape pod.
>>
File: wheelchair.jpg (252 KB, 975x1450) Image search: [Google]
wheelchair.jpg
252 KB, 975x1450
Fullsized handgun with extra mags are probably her best bet.
>>
>>28279627

What happens if she has her back yo a cliff or stairs or a hill?
>>
>>28279640
Then she can use 9mm.
>>
Dual glock 18s with 33 rounders.
>>
>>28279486
Wheelchair-bound anon here.
Get her a handgun.

As for helping her in an emergency, depends on what kind of chair she uses. If her chair is manual, she can't flee and fight back at the same time. She can either have her gun raised, or move, not both, since she'd need both hands to push the wheels. If she's in a power-chair, this doesn't apply; one hand on the gun, one on the controls.
>>
File: FOR THE EMPEROR.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
FOR THE EMPEROR.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
>>28279631
If I was in a chair, id open carry an AK pistol

who wouldn't want some dakka for their chair
>>
>>28279705
Have you gotten any professional instruction? I'm confident in my abilities but I don't know how well I could do as an instructor.
>>
we overseer now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSlBlQqVZtU
>>
>>28279765
No.

Also, I'm not a paraplegic, I have muscular dystrophy, which severely limits my options. Any gun I used for CC would need to be very light and with a very light trigger pull.

I don't carry because I'm in NY, and it's a big hassle to get your CCW here. But I have thought about self-defense quite a bit. #1 thing I think is she needs to be even more aware of her surroundings than most people, because she absolutely can't afford to get in a physical confrontation. If it comes to blows, she'll lose if she doesn't already have her hand on her gun. She's also a lot less mobile, and there's a lot less she can get behind for cover. So since she'll lose any scuffle, and can't really flee, she needs to not waste any time drawing once the time comes.
>>
>>28279850
Thanks for the help!
I will share this with her
>>
>>28279850
could you get your carry to be counted as a vehicle gun?
would that make legal less of a hassle?
>>
>>28280038
NY doesn't discriminate between vehicle carry and regular carry.
>>
>>28279624
>nobody got the reference.
fuck I'm old.
>>
>>28279850
Mount belt-fed AR-15 pistol to wheelchair
Targeting camera linked to headgear
Servos tap into powered wheelchair battery to move weapon
One easily pressed button to slay bodies
>>
>>28280271
AR-15 pistols are illegal in NY, because they're pistols with the magazine in front of the trigger. No idea why this is banned, but it is.
>>
>>28280346
I'm going to assume 'because it looks scary.'
>>
>>28280346
A short bullpup wouldn't never be considered a pistol because it technically always has a stock, doesn't it?

Belt fed shotgun then. Somehow.
>>
>>28280410
SBR's and SBS's are illegal in NY. All NFA items are.

I hate this state.
>>
>>28280445
if you hate the state, why not move?
>>
>>28280504
All my friends and family are here.
>>
>>28280504
I think it is better to suggest he becomes involved in the regional politics to make HIS HOME somewhere more appealing to live.

Additionally,running away from problems let's them fester and spread.
>>
There was some guy here a few years ago who was in a wheelchair after faceplanting off of a rock.
Summon him and ask for his wisdom.
>>
File: skul gun.jpg (40 KB, 250x213) Image search: [Google]
skul gun.jpg
40 KB, 250x213
>>28279486
Get that bitch a skul-gun, bitches love skul-guns.
>>
>>28280113
No one cared
>>
>>28280967
We summon thee oh face planting wheel man.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.