[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ Bought a new gun safe today. Got it home (and upstairs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: 20151221_175811.jpg (555 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151221_175811.jpg
555 KB, 2048x1152
Sup /k/

Bought a new gun safe today.

Got it home (and upstairs by myself) pull it out of the cardboard and I see pic related.

Probably should take it back right?

Sorry its fucking sideways.
>>
yes.
>>
>>28277387
Get your self a green paint pen.
>>
You have to ask? C'mon anon take that shit cabinet back, ask for replacement and some store credit for wasting your time. What else do you need help with today anon?
>>
>>28277403
Im not worried about the appearance but shouldn't that have been welded, i didnt notice the one in the store had that crack.
>>
>>28277387
>does it sacrifice the structural integrity of the safe?

Who the fuck knows?

>Probably should take it back right?

Absolutely.
>>
File: 20151221_180349.jpg (570 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151221_180349.jpg
570 KB, 2048x1152
>>28277411
Thats the thing its not a cabinet its a safe
>>
>>28277387
That is a severe structural defect that can be easily exploited by a crowbar or similar object designed for prying. replace/refund.
>>
>>28277387
>Safe
That is a cabinet. It is designed to keep out kids and drunk uncles. That crack doesnt matter because it would never make the difference in an attack
>>
>>28277439
See
>>28277434
>>
>>28277414
No its not welded. Thats nothing but bent metal. That white stuff you see is filler/primer.
>>
>>28277387
If i was trying to take your guns i would take a pry bar to that cut.
>>
>>28277439
semantics. the issue is that it's a structural defect and it should have failed quality control before it left the factory.
>>
Op here taking it back tomorrow so i dont have to lug this bitch in my truck by myself.
>>
Pay Stack On prices, get Stack On quality.
>>
>>28277465
I would try to get a refund/replace and then some. Hauling a safe home, then having to haul it back because factory can't do QC, then hauling a different one back home is not a cheap venture.
>>
>>28277438
>easily exploited by a crowbar
ok, dr. dumbass, please prove it and pry that open with a crowbar.

I'm waiting.
>>
>>28277438
Listen to this, if that was an airplane flying towards bi-standing rectangular structures, it would melt the steel beems.
>>
File: WP_20151221_18_11_35_Pro.jpg (1 MB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151221_18_11_35_Pro.jpg
1 MB, 3072x1728
>>28277499
>implying we buy junk safes

See this shit?
>>
>>28277499
Get a chisel or sturdy flathead thin enough to fit in crack. Tap with hammer until crack opens then use a pin bar and a bigger hammer to open it up even more
>>
File: wut.jpg (45 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
45 KB, 596x628
>>28277461
>quality control
>walmart safe
>>
Look up "Sturdy Safes" on YouTube. That's a real safe. You have a glorified gun cabinet. This video is educational too:

https://youtu.be/P1iDz8Yt-ys
>>
That's not a safe, it's a cabinet. The crack doesn't make a difference, anyone who wants in will be able to get in either way. I bet it only has bolts on one side of the door.
>>
I'd be more worried about that door to frame gap that just screams pry bar here
>>
>>28277578
>He thinks bank robbers from the movies are going to come after his poorfag collection

Protip: your average dindu won't be able to open it if it's locked.
>>
>>28277387
OP your shit safe can be pried open in 10 minutes anyway. Realize that your safe is to make your firearms LOOK secure and you're going to pay much more for a safe that will actually keep them secure. Either she'll out 2K more for one of those or buy a green marker and quit worrying.
>>
>>28277607
Yes they will. You're either underestimating burglars or overestimating the security offered by a cabinet/cheap safe. It doesn't take a world-class safecracker to pry open a shitty sheet metal "safe" with locking bolts on only one side of the door. Happens every day.

To any of you thinking about buying a safe, I suggest a Liberty Colonial as a nice entry-level choice. Still won't stop a determined thief, but it will buy you time. Which is all a safe can offer you, really.
>>
>>28277916
>sheet metal
But i don't own a sheet metal safe.
>>
>>28278046
OP does.
>>
>>28277916

This post makes owning a safe seem like a retarded investment. What the fuck is "buying time" going to do for me if I'm at work or whatever and some nog is breaking into my shit?
>>
>>28278386
got an alarm? gives you time for the police to catch em in the act if the crook wants your funds. More time, at least
>>
>>28278386
That anon is retarded, a decently sturdy safe that's bolted correctly and weighs too much for a two-man team to move is going to be passed up by niggernogs in favor of easier shit like TVs, jewelry, games, computers, etc.
>>
>>28278434
this. once they realize it's not opening after a few mins they'll almost certainly just give up
>>
>>28278407

I do have an alarm, but unless that safe's rated for >30 minutes overt, I don't trust the cops to show up between it tripping and a VERY dedicated Jamal dipping with all my funs. That's why I keep most of my shit in a concealed crawlspace (insulated, live innadesert, regularly inspected for storage damage).
>>
>>28278514
sounds like a snazy place Tovarisch, I'm just stuck with a 42 gun safe
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.