[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was thinking about getting into muzzle loaders for Christmas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: PB090581.jpg (341 KB, 2048x504) Image search: [Google]
PB090581.jpg
341 KB, 2048x504
Was thinking about getting into muzzle loaders for Christmas and saw that CVA has some for quite cheap. Does the low price come at the cost of construction quality/safe build of the firearm or are they a solid starter for someone getting into black powder?
>>
>>28277348
Beginning muzzleloaders should just get some old soup cans, pack them with smokeless powder and gravel, and point in the general direction of their target.

As they get more skill, they can experiment with smaller, longer cands and proper ammunition, like glass shards, nails, and eventually, lead squares.
>>
>>28277348
No black powder firearm is safe, since they rely on the operator to load it correctly.
>>
>>28277348
Should be fine, black powder doesn't generate high pressures like smokeless powder does. Just don't use smokeless in your muzzle loader.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>28277348
Older CVA were junk, newer stuff is ok.
There was a time when their Spanish made barrels were recalled.
Thompson center has always made decent guns.
>>
>>28277348
>Buying post 1900 muzzleloaders

It's like you want to spit on history and buy a transexual prostitute when you could have the real thing.
>>
>>28277348
CVA barrels are known to burst when you over load them but at the price point it can't be beat.
Make sure you use the correct powder (f, ff, fff, ffff) and don't go over 110 grains of powder.

Also clean the fuckin thing.
>>
>>28277348
>Not just loading jars with black powder and ball bearings and throwing them at your prey

That's how real men muzzleload.
>>
>>28277348
You know people who buy black powder firearms are put on a special list because the government knows you're buying unregulated firearms, right?
>>
File: Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg (82 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Puckle_gun_Photo.jpg
82 KB, 500x333
>>28277573
ATF going to tremble in fucking fear when I bring my Puckle gun to bear.
>>
>>28277348
Remember, if you're using smokeless powder, cut it with a non exploding powder, like chicken broth, so it reacts closer to black powder.

And it smells delicious.
>>
>>28277629
Two versions of the Puckle Gun, from wikipeida

>Puckle demonstrated two configurations of the basic design: one, intended for use against Christian enemies, fired conventional round bullets, while the second, designed to be used against the Muslim Turks, fired square bullets. The square bullets were considered to be more damaging. They would, according to the patent, "convince the Turks of the benefits of Christian civilization". The weapon was also reported as able to fire shot, with each discharge containing sixteen musket balls.

The hell you say.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>
>>28277348
>black powder

Not only are you a small dicked coward man, you are a racist too, eh, shitlord?
>>
>>28277767
African American (eliminator) Powder*
>>
>>28277644

I desperately want this to be true.
>>
I'm glad you guys give nothing but helpful advice.
>>
>>28278274
I have a Miroku Percussion and a CVA Flintlock, they're both tanks and fun as hell
>>
File: Rifle_CVA-Mountain Rifle.jpg (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Rifle_CVA-Mountain Rifle.jpg
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>28277492
You do know that at one time CVA rifle kits came with Douglass barrels. Pic related.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.