[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tulammo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: GLOCK_19.jpg (2 MB, 1940x1327) Image search: [Google]
GLOCK_19.jpg
2 MB, 1940x1327
Just bought my first gun, a Glock 19. I want to practice as much as I can and ammo is relatively expensive. Tulammo looks like the cheapest brand around so I was wondering if anyone has had issues with it.
>>
>>28276932
it's a glock brah
>>
>>28276942

I'm assuming that means it's fine
>>
>>28276932
Tulammo is going to be dirty as fuck
Just clean your Glock regularly and s'allgood.
>>
its a glock, it will eat anything you feed it and ask for more, just keep it relatively clean and oil it a bit every now and then.
>>
>>28276932
All firearms are individuals, and some hate certain brands of ammo or loadings thereof. That said, the Glock is renowned for its ability to digest almost anything.

1) Get the Gunbot extension.

2) Order a small batch -- 100 rounds. If they all go through without incident, order 1000. If you get random FTF, try a different brand.

3) Profit!
>>
>>28276955

Should I clean it every time I go to the range? Never owned a gun before, still trying to figure out the basics of maintenance.
>>
Is tulammo steel cased? I've heard steel casings can wear out extractors faster but that applies to all guns.
>>
>>28276999

Ideally you would do a complete cleaning after ever time you shoot it, but it's not necessary.
>>
>>28276932
Its a glock, it will take what ever 9mm you can find
>>28277246
Yes it is. Glock extractors are retard easy to replace so theres that.
>>
>>28276999
You can clean it after you shoot, I've seen people clean they're guns right on the range. But you can leave it dirty for a good while and it won't be a major issue, but ideally clean it after you shoot.
>>
>>28276932
the cheaper stuff like tulammo, perfecta even WWhite Box wont be consistent, you will hear and feel some shot are underpowered, this will affect your accuracy. Its dirty and crappy.

If you are going to be shooting at an indoor range check with them first to see if they allow steel cased stuff. One of my local ranges wont allow it, the bullets have some steel in them as well as the case, they feel this has the potential for ricochets, especially off the target hangers. Worth checking before buying a case OP
>>
>buy glock 17
>shoot 300 rounds altogether
>clean the shit out of it oil and little wipes designed for cleaning a handgun
>put it back in it's case
>leave it there for a month because the nearest gun range is like 100 miles
>open it up to check on it
>very tiny rust spots on it

What did I do wrong?
>>
>>28276942
ive seen plenty of glocks choke on tula
ive seen the majority be perfectly fine with tula

test your gun with tula if it jams just dont buy more tula and spend the extra 1-2cents on brass cased
>>
>>28277815
foam/padded cases are rust magnets that retain moisture
>>
>>28277815
that sucks Anon

do some research on the products you bought, some of them have been known to cause rust as what should be protecting your gun against moisture getting in, may prevent moisture from getting out from underneath it. ie the coating that should be protecting could be trapping moisture against your gun.
>>
>>28277852
not really, I stored a Sig in it's original foam lined box for nearly 20 years without any rust.
>>
Sometimes their primers might be too hard, but you might see one of those every two or three range trips.

It seems like it's a little dirtier but that might be my imagination.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.