[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pilot envy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: based iceman & bro.gif (948 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
based iceman & bro.gif
948 KB, 500x208
Why are fixed wing pilots so much more based than their rotary-wing counterparts?
>>
>Why are fixed wing pilots so much more homosexual than their rotary-wing counterparts?

FTFY
>>
>>28276969
This
By based you mean they engage in more totally-not-gay-bc-we-said-no-homo shenanigans in a cramped, steamy, carrier locker room before going to the flight deck to let the cold sea air cool their passion-heated yet undeniably aesthetic bodies?
Tbh baka senpai
>>
>>28276920
>fixed wing
>based
laughingkiowapilot.gif
>>
>>28276920
that filename.

IT'S FUCKING SLIDER YOU INGRATE
>>
>>28277008

i dunno dude, my squadron's locker rooms aren't nearly that homoerotic. then again we're the Air Force so we don't have rum, sodomy, and the lash.
>>
When the fuck did throwing your arm around your buddy's shoulder become homo?
>>
>>28276920
Timmy pls
>>
>>28277075

when you're both in the Navy
>>
Army Rotary Wing Aviation is the most chill and based part of the US military.
>>
>>28277075
Nigga you ever watched Top Gun?
>>
>>28276920
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzU1sYPjzo
>>
>>28277093

from the air force with only rotary wing and transport aircraft

the USAF and USN and USMC are very much going downrange and doing the Lord's work
>>
>>28277093
goddamn kiwis
>>
>>28276920
Well as far as the Marine Corp goes, most of our fixed wings are on the West Coast. And generally the further away from D.C. and the other big bases where all the Generals and "eyes of the public"are, the more relaxed you can be. I was East Coast, we'd often hear rumors of the guys on the west coat and Hawaii taking half days every Wednesday and Friday.
>>
File: bros.jpg (15 KB, 325x168) Image search: [Google]
bros.jpg
15 KB, 325x168
>>28276969

this
>>
too many fatal accidents with rotary aircraft
>>
>>28277853
Thanks bro, aviation contract, Bootenant in TBS here. Will keep that in mind when im trying to get selected for an airframe in Pensacola
>>
>>28277908

talk to your instructors. don't make a career decision based off of internet hearsay from a Laotian musical theater board.

also go have some coffee at the Bodacious Brew, i miss that spot.
>>
File: thank you.jpg (34 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
thank you.jpg
34 KB, 600x400
>>28276920
Kiowa-bros ( and some female WO that sounded sexy as fuck on Coms) covered us were based.

Blackhawk Dust-Off bros are solid in my book any day also.

Just me, but rotary guys are alright by me.

Know a couple guys who would say just the same about fixed-wing, while damning rotary.
>>
>>28278140
#notallRotaries
>>
>>28276920
because helicopters are easy as fuck to fly so any idiot can do it
>>
>>28278658
You cannot be serious. Right?
>>
File: kiowa pilot day job.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kiowa pilot day job.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>28279022
Not him but it really is easy as fuck and any one can do it.

Webm related, its me after 23 hours of flying the littlebird in arma 3
>>
Day/k/are question, I know, but why are rotary pilots enlisted and and most fixed-wing pilots commissioned?
>>
>>28279462

they're not. rotary wing pilots are either warrants (Army) or commissioned (all branches, Army included). the Navy had a few warrants flying helos and P-3's, but they decided to cancel the program and commission the warrants.

Army's few fixed wing flyers are a mix of warrants and commissioned too.
>>
File: butthurt.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>28276920
Rotary wing pilots are just jealous of our superior range, speed, and ceiling.
>>
>>28277090
negative

USMC 3500 motor T is the chillest
>>
>>28280367
what happend to him
>>
>>28279409
>its easy as fuk cuz i can do it in this videogame
beit
>>
>>28280511
Assblasted.
>>
>>28280523
way to go
>>
I am currently applying to army ocs and want to go aviation. Has anybody here actually done this and what was it like? Memes aside
>>
>>28280637
Hello? pls respond
>>
File: IMG_0709.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0709.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
us rotorbros are a different breed. we actually fly while planefags read instruments
>>
>>28280717
do flight school first
get aviation background, do a VERY good job with it, do it at an airport, get jet rated at least before you apply for military aviation
make sure you are serious because you are going to be competing for a limited number of flight spots
do a super good job and maybe you can fly
>>
>>28280782
that's retarded
"we can't fly blind so we're better"
hah
>>
>>28280809
you're not a rotorbro you'll never understand
>>
>>28280795
Ok. Not sure if I can get flight time before graduation but I'll look into it
>>
>>28280985
100/hr maybe even less for starters
it will start going up in price as you progress
40 hrs + ground school for private license, you should be able to do that for around 6k and it's a very good start. it'll show that you have commitment at the very least, might get you into better programs
it's worth it to complete first before you pull the trigger
>>
>>28280782

the air force spent a LOT of money giving me a canopy.

and the Sniper pod too.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.