[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WASR 10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 610x396) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 610x396
Sorry for being a nogunz /k/. I'm looking to buy my first AK. I was looking at Century Arms WASR 10. Is it a good rifle??
>>
lol why you mad tho
>>
>>28275565
Because I want an actual Avtomat Kalshnikova
>>
>>28275553
I think the general consensus is that they're ok.
>>
>>28275553
the safety broke off and the trigger fucks up on mine. it ejects casings to fast and screws with any to the right of you
>>
N P A P
P
A
P
>>
>>28275553
If by good you mean shit tier...
>>
>>28276931
>>28277114
don't listen to these cunts, the wasr is just fine for a stamped ak. just a couple things to keep in mind:
>QC at century stands for quick check, not quality control (it's still unlikely they give you a shit rifle)
>you're better off buying one in person, they aren't that rare
>don't pay more than ~500 us
>make sure the barrel and rifle overall are straight
>check that rivets are domes and that the metal surrounding them is level and not recessed

most of all, do what you think is right. fuck /k/ and all of their opinions, if you made a thread asking about NPAP's you'd get people saying that you're an idiot for not buying a wasr.
>>
Rifle is fine friend. search the google machine and become familiar with the common problems and how to spot them. >>28279128 covers most of them.
Only glaring problem missing is on some rifles the bolt hangs up on the hammer, can cause failure to go into battery and other feeding issues. Easy test is try to make the bolt hold open (it shouldnt), if it does you have hammer contacting (riding) the bolt. Still not a no-go though, use that as a tactic to get the price down further, its an easy fix even if you've never done any gunsmith work before.

Also check for the front sight block not being straight with the rear sight, that's called being canted. That is a no go, takes some actual effort to fix and that effort is better spent looking for another WASR.

That being said, do your research, learn to spot major/minor problems, and start looking.
>>
>>28275553

My buddy has one, I've fired a few belonging to various acquaintances, anyway yeah they're fine.
>>
>>28277114
>>28279128
>>28279237
>>28279429

He wasn't really on this that hard...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK1fsJLzTlo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.