[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1911 Conceal carry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (197 KB, 400x278) Image search: [Google]
image.png
197 KB, 400x278
Hey /k/, I have a question to ask because I'm too stupid to know any better. I just finished my paperwork for a CCL and I'm now just waiting for the license to come in. Problem is, the only hand gun I have at the moment to carry is a Remington R1. My question is what's the best way to carry the pistol and what is a recommended holster?
>>
>>28275533
That's a very personal, very subjective decision. I like IWB at about 2:30ish.
>>
>>28275533
Carry is almost entirely based on what is comfortable for you.
Best draw needs to be considered, but if you have to constantly adjust the holster or gun while you're carrying it you'll hate life and eventually stop carrying it at all because it bugs you.
So really you need to find out what is comfortable for you, something gun clubs and friendlier stores will help you with if you ask. Try out a few carry positions and see what is comfortable but is also quick to draw from. This is why most people like carrying at 2 o'clock (or 10 for lefties); they don't get prodded by the gun constantly and it's quick and easy to draw with.

Just make sure when you pick a position you practice drawing until it's as natural as wiping your ass.
>>
1911's are too clunky so you won't be able to draw it quickly.

Not to mention it's only 7+1. You're better off to have a tactical 9mm with more capacity.
>>
>>28276384
1911s are slim and extremely ergonomic.

"Tactical 9mms," by which I assume you mean Glocks, are clunky. The only advantage they have is capacity but they are thicker, have worse triggers, and the controls are a lot smaller and less ergonomic.
>>
>>28276421
1911 is long as fuck,means it takes more time you take it from your holster. Also,1911's are 0.5kg heavier than a glock 17 for example. Just because they're thicker,doesn't you can unholster them quicker.
>>
>>28275533

I carry my ria 1911 at 4 of clock with a king tuck.

Works okay. Only really so it in the winter with a jacket on.
>>
>>28276454
Sure it's longer but it's not "clunky." Bitching about 10 or 15 ounces is also really asinine. Feel free to argue capacity but anything else and you are a retard.

If it's what you shoot better, go for it but don't act like it's the fucking solution to all the world's problems. Sometimes a well-placed shot at 25 yards is what will solve the problem and sometimes it's a mag dump at 0. Either way, you are 100% covered with both types of firearms.
>>
>>28276351
Good advice, thanks!
>>28276727
Yea the four o clock feels good to me I just need to figure out a holster of kind. I was looking at the clip draw, but I feel it'll get caught on something an bend the shit out of it.

Anyhow, that's y'all I'll look into some more.
>>
>>28276384

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPMEVzv0AO4
>>
>>28277647
ex clipdraw user here not ex cause of any specific flaws just bought more sutible guns and stopped using the 1911 as a ccw
clipdraws actually really sturdy
the main issues is well its not a real holster but lets face it you didnt want a real holster you just wanted to stick the gun in your pants mexican style and its great for that. you run no risk of the mainflaw of mexican carry which is the gun falling down your pants.
i never felt like the trigger being exposed was an issue cause its a 1911 with 2 safety's if it was a glock then yeah its an issue but its a 1911 so its not.

the other thing that was slightly annoying is the gun pivots and will change cant depending on how you move.

essentially a clipdraw is for someone willing to accept the safety hazards of mexican carry.
the gun stays slim and no bulk is added
if your are taking safety into account its no match for a real holster all it does is stops the gun from falling down your leg
>>
I IWB my fullsize in a soft holster at about slightly past 3 o click, y'know like right past that jutting hip bone part so maybe 315 or 330 or something like that

I use this

http://tacticalgear.com/elite-survival-systems-iwb-clip-holster-black?gclid=CKWR_OGQ7skCFcETHwodm7gC_A#/8295/653,4417/1

find it to be quite comfortable, wear it all day, in and out of the car, in and out of my chair at work, it's all good.

I would say though, I wouldn't really reccomend it, it's pretty cheap as you can see, and as far as the 1911 safety is concerned, it can definitely flip it while your're walking around and getting up or sitting down throughout the day. But i'd say look for a soft IWB, something like this and higher quality and maybe model-specific since this is more they have a few sizes that fit a number of models, it's ultimately a cloth sleeve. Extremely comfortable though, would be perfect if it had some kind of more specialized accommodation for the safety and maybe a retention strap
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.