[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2015 >not using hot water to clean your guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 20151221_185922-1.jpg (2 MB, 1679x2979) Image search: [Google]
20151221_185922-1.jpg
2 MB, 1679x2979
>2015
>not using hot water to clean your guns
>>
>>28274926
Clean your guns?
I just keep mine lubed
>>
File: cain.gif (495 KB, 194x172) Image search: [Google]
cain.gif
495 KB, 194x172
with corrosive ammo yes

pure fucking science, the boiling water transfers heat to the barrel which serves to boil off any liquid water left behind
>>
I-is that an SVD anon?
>>
>>28274960
I actually use hot water whenever I clean my guns. Though I don't clean my guns all too often. My 10/22 hasn't been cleaned in two years .
But after shooting surplus I do a thorough clean up.

Water is surprisingly good for regular gunk, too. And I found out that you can clean suppressors by just boiling them in water and then shaking out what ever there's left.

>>28274981
Yes. I'm impressed you noticed given the quality of the pic and the tifle being stripped and all.
>>
Don't you use water in those sonic cleaners
>>
>>28274926
I've done that before, but I had more rust problems using water of any sort to clean my guns. It gets into too many places and I don't have a drum of oil or alcohol to displace it all.
Now I just clean and oil my corrosive shooters like normal and they're good to go.
>>
>>28274926
homo kusi
>>
>>28275139
That's why you use boiling hot water in the end. The gun gets so hot all the water evaporates.

>>28275147
No u
>>
Dishwashers are great for small side arms. If I fold up my SCAR I can fit it in the bottom of Dishwasher. I use the pots and pan cycle. For that extra pre-range sparkle use a little jet dry - my Vortex Razor HD has never looked so good!!!
>>
>>28275285
My gun was already hot ;)
>>
>>28277751
have fun with your lead poisoning
>>
>>28275098
Are you american? Svd's are regarded as somewhat hard to come by around here as you very well may know
>>
is it safe to wash disassembled guns in the dish washer?

I feel like I've asked this in several qtddtots but nobody ever replies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.