[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: BWingsKillISD2-ST.jpg (273 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
BWingsKillISD2-ST.jpg
273 KB, 1280x960
I'm sorry, but WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE B-WINGS? Why is it only X-Wings and basic TIE Fighters?

It makes perfect sense that the Y-Wings are gone. I can understand the Resistance upgrading and possibly even continuing production of the X-wing. But no B-Wings or A-Wings? What reason would they have had to not diversify their fleet? You'd think that A-Wings would be needed to run interference, and the B-Wings could have been pounding ground defenses.

Looks like Disney really is only interested in hitting all the "nostalgia" buttons and not actually thinking the Star Wars universe through.
>>
>>28274587
Because it was a rag tag group behind enemy lines.

They could get what they could get from the republic. Obviously just X-wings.
>>
>>28274587
Did you miss /tv/ or something?
To answer your question though,
Yes, and George Lucas was the same.
>>
>>28274612
So why is the First Order only running basic TIE fighters? Where are any of the literal dozens of variants on the TIE? I figured there'd be at least Interceptors and Bombers.
>>
File: 1429454482397.jpg (919 KB, 2400x1749) Image search: [Google]
1429454482397.jpg
919 KB, 2400x1749
because JJ Abrams is an overhyped hack and anyone who has any love for star wars left will be content with ignoring whatever bullshit comes out of disney, repress the memory of the new lucas abortions and just quietly watch the despecialized editions over and over and over again until they draw their last breath

just let it fucking die already
>>
>>28274587
Because nerds with lots of disposable income like x-wings
>>
>>28274631
>So why is the First Order only running basic TIE fighters?

Because all you see is one destroyer guarding a base so it only has self defense fighters, and a very, very small part of the hanger of the base itself.
>>
ITT: raw, unrefined Aspergers.
>>
>>28274587
Peace Interrupted

After Years of Rebellion, the death of Emperor Palpatine gave the oppressed peoples of the galaxy undeniable evidence that the Empire could be defeated. A longing for freedom and peace drove a great tide of revolution from sector to sector, to the point where a truce - unthinkable at the height of the Galactic Civil War - was signed between the New Republic and the weakenend Empire. As one of its first acts, the restored Senate promptly passed the Military Disarmament Act. Many were convinced that the age of galaxy-wide conflict was over.
The New Republic

Following its great victory against the empire at the Battle of Endor, the Alliance to Restore the Republic rebranded itself as the New Republic, and shortly afterward a peace treaty - the Galactic Concordance - was signed with the remnants of the Empire. Believing that the Empire was no longer a threat, the New Republic turned its attention to reshaping galactic politics.
The First Order

The Galactic Concordance defanged the Empire's ability to wage war, with strict disarmament treaties and punishing reparations. The Old Empire withered away, becoming a remnant of political hardliners locked in a cold war with the New Republic, before eventually breaking away to reform in the Unknown Regions as the myseterious First Order.
The Resistance

The Resistance is a small private force created by Princess Leia Organa to keep watch on the movements of the First Order. Though she petitions the New Republic government for support, she finds the politics of the Senate too slow and too mired in self-interest to be of any help. The New Republic tolerates the Resistance, though it is wary of risking war with the First Order.
>>
First Order is a terror group.

A splinter faction of the Empire, after the defeat.

The Resistance was old rebel alliance and some republican people. The Flying Tigers in space. Fighting against the First Order since the Republic didn't want to. Because they were more concerned with keeping the peace with Remnant.
>>
>>28274587
It bothered me more that they only had one squadron of them. The Alliance had them because they were using anything they could get their hands on, but these guys had them for...reasons.
>>
>>28274631
>basic TIE fighters
Well they obviously weren't "basic" TIEs. First of all they had 2 seats and I believe Poe said something about missiles and shields when they hijacked the one fighter.
>>
>>28274753
But why didn't the resistance give the republic a heads up about the star system destoying superweapon that the new order was building? Also, where does a splinter terrorist group get the resources to build planet sized weapon like that?
>>
>>28274898
Becuase when they found out about it, the republic was getting snouk'ed.
>>
>>28274898
>Also, where does a splinter terrorist group get the resources to build planet sized weapon like that?
Cannibalizing the hell out of all possible former Imperial assets. Geonosis and other resource worlds are still out there, after all.
>>
>>28274851
That two-seater arrangement is weird as fuck. Does the rear gunner control ALL the guns? You'd think Po would have just shot the turbolasers if he could have.
>>
>>28275029
>>28274851
Also, I'm pretty sure tie fighters didn't have life support systems. Don't the pilots wear suits and masks for a reason?
>>
>>28275029
>That two-seater arrangement is weird as fuck. Does the rear gunner control ALL the guns?
Maybe yes maybe no. I actually like the two-seater thing because dedicated gunners are cool.
>Also, I'm pretty sure tie fighters didn't have life support systems. Don't the pilots wear suits and masks for a reason?
Once again maybe yes maybe no. I'm pretty sure that the whole "no life support" thing was EU and now not cannon. In this new cannon they may just wear the suits in case of hull breech/ejection into space.
>>
Would the New Republic really give up their best resources for a small private military? That's like America giving B-2's the Peshmerga. Basic X-Wings are cheap and numerous. As for the TIE fighters, it looks like the First Order doesn't have much in the way of a Navy, it wouldn't be much of a leap to assume they don't have much in terms of fighters.
>>
>>28274641
This desu senpai! Fuck JJ with a rough sea cucumber.
>>
>>28274631
First Order had TIE fighters and a upgraded special forces version, with shields/hyperdrive/gun turret.

Its like saying an F-15C is an F-15E.
>>
>>28275621
You can identify the SF version by the antenna and batteries on the solar panel spars.
>>
Because JJ is all about style, not substance, and the standard X-Wing and TIE/F are iconic.
>>
>>28275504
>rough sea cucumber
Please tell me that's a wordfilter.

>>28274753
I felt the First Order was like North Korea after the fall of the Soviets: a fanatical uber-crazy version that made the Empire look somewhat sane in comparison.
>>
>>28274587
>basic TIE Fighters
You mean those new upgraded 2 seat tie fighters that have missiles and bombs equipped?
>>
>>28275727
JJ styled the fuck out of Lucas then.

Lucas most recent 3 "substance" movies were boring a fuck and objectively inferior to TFA.

Nobody cares about 2 hour pod races or 45 minute trade negotiations.

Then there jar jar. Its like pottery.

The next two will be done by another director though, so that should make you happy. (but it wont)
>>
Its 30 years, the Resistance is basically Princess Leia's private army. Fighting not for the galactic republic.

But for revenge

In semi seriousness, the New Republic prob felt guilt and gave her the hand me downs. I would be somewhat bothered if the new republic fleet wasnt all b wings and e wings.
>>
>>28274753
>>28275795
J.J. Abrams has said that the First Order came about after thinking, "what would have happened if the Nazi's who escaped Argentina after WW2 actually got the gang back together and tried to reform the party" instead of just scattering to the wind.
>>
>>28275439
Nope.

The Republic had a fleet, its mentioned a couple times.
>>
>>28274587
For the same reason modern air forces stick to a single multirole fighter rather than 3 or more different, specialized fighters. Us Navy is already doing that with the Super Hornet, Super Duper Hornet, and later on, the F-35.
>>
>>28276079
And even back at Endor, the T-65 managed both the counter fighter and anti-base/ship roles pretty well. The RotJ Alliance fleet was at their peak buildup, and they had enough rich backers for specialized fighters. The Resistance has to maximize smaller resources, so T-70 X-Wings fit overall needs best.
>>
>>28275855
well that explains why they were unsubtle as all fuck about being nazi-like then.

However it is kinda troublesome that the republic let them get through a massive geo-engineering project on the scale of starkiller base without sending in a "fuck that noise" shock and awe fleet.
>>28275852
who knows we might actually see some of the fleet now that the capitol got shot all the fuck up. I'm kinda hoping we'll see an executor class flying new republic colors in the next film, but that's just my hopes anyway.
>>
>>28274587
Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this movie was uncreative garbage. The reviews have left me in despair.
>>
>>28276233
>However it is kinda troublesome that the republic let them get through a massive geo-engineering project on the scale of starkiller base without sending in a "fuck that noise" shock and awe fleet.
It's a big galaxy, and easy for a planet to just disappear.
>>
>>28276250
>Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this movie was uncreative garbage. The reviews have left me in despair.
Reminder that A New Hope was a bunch of old adventure movie stuff stitched together with new editing techniques and special effects.
>>
>entire New Republic fleet just vanishes
>nobody cares that like 6 planets were all just destroyed at once
>>
>>28276250
>Star wars
>episode SEVEN of Star wars
>Bawwww sequel 7 of popular movie series is uncreative
wat
>>
>>28276283
My issue is how boring his redesigns are.

Pretty much every other movie had new, interesting weapon/ship/armor/what have you designs. Episode 7 looks like he took a look at all the 1970s shit from A New Hope and said "how can I make these existing designs look more 2015?".

And that's ignoring the plot, especially in the second half of the movie. And all the stupid fucking fanservice characters.
>>
File: xwingnew.jpg (31 KB, 847x494) Image search: [Google]
xwingnew.jpg
31 KB, 847x494
>>28274587
>I'm sorry, but WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE B-WINGS? Why is it only X-Wings and basic TIE Fighters?

Since the X-Wings seem to be of a new design, I interpreted it as upgraded X-Wings more capable of bombing missions on their own. They've become a multi-role fighter.
>>
>>28276325
How over budget are they?
>>
>>28276337
less than the F-35
>>
File: firstIwaslike.jpg (27 KB, 332x600) Image search: [Google]
firstIwaslike.jpg
27 KB, 332x600
>>28276337
Apparently, over budget enough that they can only afford the upgraded X-wing package and couldn't upgrade their inventories of A, B, and Y-wings.
>>
>>28274924
>>28274898
Well, the planet sized destroyer cannon thing is easier to build than a death star. It's pretty much just opening a hole into hyper space and then firing a big ass laser powered by a star at the stuff on the other side of hyperspace.

If we're cannibalizing the resources on that planet and using the core as a power source for as long as possible, it'd be easy to build from their perspective.
>>
>>28276325
Even the old models had proton torpedoes, the Rebellion just couldn't usually afford them.
>>
>>28276276
Doesn't explain how they lost about an eighth of the galaxy's star charts though.
>>
>>28276365
Then the newer models must be capable of carrying even more of the damn things.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>28275504
>rough sea cucumber
>>
>>28276382
>Doesn't explain how they lost about an eighth of the galaxy's star charts though.
Not the guy you're talking to but even I could tell the map they were looking for wasn't a literal map of the known galaxy they didn't have anymore, it was a "Here is where Luke was spotted and where we think he's going next" map.
>>
>>28275439
Well, the resistance seems to be funded solely by Leia and merely tolerated by the Republic. They want to be considered non liable for a paramilitary group that's loyal and accountable only to one woman and whatever leadership she's set up. Since she's an old rebel fighter, no wonder she wants to take some old rebel tech and upgrade it. The resistance isn't that bit.
The first order seems to also be decently small. Mostly having control of a handful of largish ships that are all old imperial stuff, they try to use pre existing schematics fro their weapons and armor, but with a bit of a twist. They want to invoke the old empire, but assert that they are their own entity completely. Notice that their dropship was so janky that it's lights were flickering on and off as they landed in atmosphere. it's disgraceful.
The first order is a goddamn embarassment that seems far more ideological in nature than the old empire.
>>
I used to love gushing over the star wars universe and all the cool ships and weapons

But Disney torpedoed the whole expanded universe so what's the point?

Now the only backstory for anything you see in the new star wars movies is "J.J. Abrams wanked off onto the CGI software"
>>
>>28274641
>just quietly watch the despecialized editions over and over and over again until they draw their last breath
You are a sad little man who can't claim to be a Star Wars fan in any real capacity.
>>
>>28274587

>Looks like Disney really is only interested in hitting all the "nostalgia" buttons and not actually thinking the Star Wars universe through.

This just now occurred to you? It's just a quest for more money, nothing more.
>>
>>28276402
>But Disney torpedoed the whole expanded universe so what's the point?
Just because the movies go off in an entirely different direction doesn't mean all the EU shit just magically becomes nullified. They're two different canons now and you can like/dislike them on their own terms.

It's the same shit with the JJ reboot of Star Trek. The alternate timeline doesn't mean everything that came prior to that just goes up in smoke. Old fans cling to it still.
>>
>>28276402
>Now the only backstory for anything you see in the new star wars movies is "J.J. Abrams wanked off onto the CGI software"

This is false.

They removed what amounted to fanfics and added in an impressive story, that is superior to the prequels in pretty much every way.
>>
>>28276430
Pretty sure Disney said the EU is explicitly non-canon

This isn't like the star trek reboot, because in that movie there was a plot device that split the timelines in the canon.
>>
>>28276458
Disney just made a fanservice piece of garbage, so they can go fuck themselves over what is and isn't canon.
>>
>>28276325
X-Wings have always been capable of bombing. They just have a limited capacity compared to Y and B-Wings.

I'm not the only one that was shaking like an excited puppy at this scene right?
>>
>>28276436
>Lets have a death star but instead of a moon its a PLANET! And it can shoot energy at hyper-light speed! And it kills like a dozen planets at once!!! Somehow built by a cult-like empirial remenant even though the actual empire blew its whole defense budget on the death star!!
Not fanfiction at all
>>
>>28276468

Fapping to the EU would be creating fanservice garbage anon.

Keep that head cannon real though, im sure your friends at neogaf would love to hear your stories.
>>
>>28276486

lel, do you want me to start comparing to some of the shit in the EU?

Becuase i can.
>>
>>28276483
That's why I said they were MORE capable of those missions. So I suspect a greater torpedo capacity and maybe more shit installed in the cockpit that makes them bomb better.
>>
>>28276483
>I'm not the only one that was shaking like an excited puppy at this scene right?
it got me in the mood to play Ace Combat, for sure (I don't have Z-Wing or Tie Fighter)
>>
>>28276487
>Episode 7 wasn't a shitty clone of A New Hope with a bunch of old characters returning for no reason besides fanservice

General "I have no real reason to be in this movie" Leia
>>
>>28276487
Would it have been too much trouble to have tie BOMBERS providing close air support rather than "light, short-ranged" tie fighters?

Would it have killed JJ to have more than just X-wings make the attack on the not!deathstar?
>>
>>28275357
The TIE was remarked in EU content as being extremely fast and agile, if not hard to control- so it'd be easier to have a gunner than rig up sophisticated semi-automated targeting. for the various weapons on the ship. Plus the TIE had atrocious visibility; two sets of eyes decreases the blind spot dramatically.

>>28275045
The suits/masks are less for the sake of lifesupport and more for the sake of in case of hull breach.

>>28274851
Basic TIEs lacked shields and had a simple pair of forward-firing blasters; more advanced but non-specialized models had a more sophisticated weapons suite that required a gunner.

>>28274631
Cost, probably- the First Order is a splinter group. I imagine these upgraded/retrofitted TIEs would've been much cheaper than Interceptors; and Bombers would've had no relevance in this movie, as all TIE deployment was either extremely impromptu HK missions or point-defense.
>>
>>28276486
>Not fanfiction at all
EU is basically one big fanfiction universe. Some good shit came out of it, but a lot of it wasn't.
>>
>>28276497
So what in the official EU beats the starkiller?
>>
>>28276518
Disney non-canonized the fan fiction and then hypocritically made fan fiction of their own.

That's the problem
>>
>>28276527
This.

If they'd just pared back the EU's spouts of fucktardedness in places, then had the writers work off THAT instead of shoehorning a mini-trench run scene into the Starkiller attack then we'd have been golden.

Also I'm amazed that Han didn't sit back and just scan the fuck out of the local systems for the Falcon.
>>
>>28276499
Ehh not sure. I don't remember any of them firing more than six torpedoes, and that's what the old EU said was the capacity.

>>28276505
I keep forgetting that I have a PC now, need to get an emulator up and play the old ones.
>>
>>28276520
Suncrusher.

Center point station.

Shock drum.

I mean thats off the top of my head.
>>
>>28276520
Not the guy you're talking to, but I distinctly remember reading a book (which I forget the name of) where the Empire built a ship with missiles that could cause suns to explode and wipe out the entire sector they were in.

This book also introduced some Mary-Sue force-user who was strongerer and betterer than Luke and Darth combined before even undergoing any kind of training. They found him down in a mine.
>>
>>28276520
Baradium bomb for one.

That cosmic turbine thing too. Killed everyone.
>>
>>28276554
>Ehh not sure. I don't remember any of them firing more than six torpedoes, and that's what the old EU said was the capacity.
Well, do you remember any of the X-wings from the original universe firing their full capacity of torpedos?
>>
>>28276520
Dark Staff from TOR.
>>
File: 6802931.jpg (53 KB, 600x676) Image search: [Google]
6802931.jpg
53 KB, 600x676
>>28274751
>The Resistance is a small private force created by Princess Leia Organa to keep watch on the movements of the First Order

rolf kek. sound lke First Order was some outlet of the One Sith organisation.
>>
>>28276382
They never had the whole Galaxy charted.

In the EU about a third of the galaxy was labeled as "the unknown regions"
>>
File: be like han.jpg (41 KB, 960x606) Image search: [Google]
be like han.jpg
41 KB, 960x606
>>28276567
Don't forget the Valley of the Jedi where you can become more Force-fuller by just going and sitting around and soaking up midichlorians for awhile.

The EU's dead, and good riddance. That said, I ain't watching the new movies. If Hollyweird can't stop fucking with my childhood, they can't have my fucking money.
>>
>>28276520
The resurrected emperor summoning a system wide force storm, for one.
>>
>>28274751
>>28276598
So the Resistance is essentially a PMC?
>>
File: 1450251042630.gif (701 KB, 300x167) Image search: [Google]
1450251042630.gif
701 KB, 300x167
>>28274587

>The Force Awakens is designed to introduce kids to the universe and provide a nostalgia bomb for adults.

>Thus it starts by introducing the most iconic ships first.
>>
>>28276614
>That said, I ain't watching the new movies. If Hollyweird can't stop fucking with my childhood, they can't have my fucking money.

Said like a truely bitter old fart. You're no fun anymore.
[spoiler]Just watch it when it inevitably gets videotaped and streamed for free[/spoiler]
>>
>>28276624
Yes
>>
>we could have had Dark Empire instead

you know what I would have given to see the World Devastators, the Eclipse, war torn Coruscant, the Mon Calamari homeworld and a fucking massive force storm?
>>
File: CVkXGM3XIAA-JVt.jpg (34 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
CVkXGM3XIAA-JVt.jpg
34 KB, 500x305
>>28276325

Xwings where redesigned by every rebel group during the time. Rouges redesigned theirs 4 times during the time.

so far last time when Xwings got redesigned on major level was in the middle of the Vong Invasion. after the the Wings were replaced.

B-Wings went dropped due no new development.
>>
>>28276567
>Not the guy you're talking to, but I distinctly remember reading a book (which I forget the name of) where the Empire built a ship with missiles that could cause suns to explode and wipe out the entire sector they were in.
It's less ridiculous to blow up a sun than to suck a sun inside a planet and ejaculate on a star system on the other end of the galaxy.

>This book also introduced some Mary-Sue force-user who was strongerer and betterer than Luke and Darth combined before even undergoing any kind of training. They found him down in a mine.
Whatever nigga, Yoda was some hobo in a swamp. With trillions of people in the galaxy it makes sense some rando might be extremely force adept.
>>
>>28276250
Nope. I don't mind the old, but it lacked any sort of heart and vision
>>
>>28276653
Jesus you have no taste. You've made be glad that Disney took a Death Star blast to the EU. Suck it, faggot: Your buffet of shit is now gone.
>>
>>28276643
Not more than the masses who gave them the biggest movie release ever.

Seriously.

Not more. Nobody wanted another prequel shitfest "muh world building!". The people that did are the extreme minority.
>>
>>28274587

what can a b-wing or a-wing do that an x-wing can't?

x-wing is a multi-role fighter, capable of high speed and tight maneuvering in atmo, as well as atmo landing, so it's well suited for close air support.

It's armed with 4 high power lasers that are good against even cruiser level deflector shields thanks to a high rate of sustainable fire. When that's not enough, it can fire a wide variety of different munitions from it's torpedo bay, which include self targeting, "fire and forget" anti ship weaponry, shield penetrators, bunker busters for air to surface work, atmo missiles for air to air, etc.

The x-wing can also survive submersion. it's not a submarine, but it can be rescued from deep waters and still fire up like teh day it was new.

This fighter also has an on-board hyperdrive, allowing it preform fleet escort duties better than any other fighter it's size, as it has no need to be "deployed" from a flight deck.

It's life support systems can sustain a pilot for days on end, longer if the pilot has food in his kit... which he does. the pilot survival kit is like a portable camp site that allows a downed pilot to survive for months without support.

The x-wing is great at escort duties, but serves well as in anti-cruiser, anti-captial, and surgical strike roles. It is perfect for asymmetrical warfare.

why have a bomber when you can have a heavy fighter that is as maneuverable as a light fighter, and can still launch torpedos?

TL'DR you don't need all that shit, x-wing is best.
>>
>>28276516
Eh, it has better ventral visibility than its normal opponents
>>
>>28276653
>With trillions of people in the galaxy it makes sense some rando might be extremely force adept.

Yet your the type of faggot who has a problem with Rey.
>>
>>28274587

>Return of the jedi
>The empire now got fighters, interceptors and the heavier bomber craft which may double as heavy fighters

>Rebels got X/Y/A/B-wings

It looked like the Allies engaging with Mustangs, Jugs, Lightnings and Spitfires against Bf 109s, Fw 190s and Me 410s.

Now there's monoculture and the TIE all of a sudden sacrifices all the advantages its lightweit construction gave it before and becomes a standard fighter.

I could care less if not for the rest of the movie being a fucking heap of shit made to appease normies who jumped the nerd culture bandwagon (Thanks big bang theory)
>>
>>28276702
Not him but I fucking hate that stupid fucking mary sue bitch rey, can't believe jj threw that piece of shit in there.

Kylo ren was a fucking whiny bitch faggot too.
>>
>>28276714
>Kylo ren was a fucking whiny bitch faggot too.

I think that was the whole point. Especially when he
**SPOILER**
takes his helmet off and reveals himself to be not a very intimidating-looking guy at all.
>>
>>28276681
>Dark Empire
>world building

literally "the empire has fallen apart in the years after the emperor died, and is now in a civil war"

thats all the world building that happened
>>
>>28276688
Let's see...the B-wing is a heavy fighter armed with more firepower, carries more torpedoes, and has ion cannons to disable deflectors, not to mention it's made to take down star destroyers.

A-wings are interceptors, so they wouldn't have been very useful for the mission in question.
>>
>>28276714
Kylo IS supposed to be a little bitch. Why else is he throwing temper tantrums and prefers to wear the mask with a cooler sounding voice? The guy is made of pussy trying to be a bad ass.

And I think it's great!
>>
>>28276714
>Not him but I fucking hate that stupid fucking mary sue bitch rey, can't believe jj threw that piece of shit in there.

>YFW Kylo ren was mostly untrained.

They told you many times he had alot of training to do.

Everyone knows the force is essentually a power level thing. Some people have it, other dont.

Though hard work you can use your full potential, but once you reach your limit thats generally it.

Its clear that rey was a sun to Kylo's match stick.
>>
>>28276385
Actually the death star run xwings were ridiculously under supplied for torps, cuz most missiles left service as the empire took over (doctrinally this makes sense, if you need something leveled you don't have the tie fighter do it, you just call in a star destroyer and glass it. If one star destroyer doesn't do it, send five).
>>
>>28276547
>Also I'm amazed that Han didn't sit back and just scan the fuck out of the local systems for the Falcon.

That's EXACTLY WHAT HE DID THOUGH. That's how he picked them up.
>>
>>28276401
The first order is like the old Black and Tans or SS, fierce yes. But not necessarily the elite final solution.

However we see the /spoiler new republic Capitol get btfo'd by starkiller base. Yes they mention moving capitals every so often, but anyone who has moved office buildings knows what a clusterfuck that can be, and how much you have to bring.

Their fleet? Gone.
Their Treasurer guy? Gone
Their Langely intelligence guys and higher ups? Gone.
Their pentagon? Gone.

The a first Order brought the NR to its knees, and we will likely see the imperial remnant go "oh shit, these guys accomplished something great" and take advantage of the weakness.

It's like 9/11, Pearl Harbor, Oklahoma City, and a Mumbai shooting all happening at the same time, x10
>>
>>28276735

I mean, the B Wing is a heavy fighter that can pour the fire on cruisers but would be easily overwhelmed by TIEs without interceptor support by X or A wing support.
>>
>>28276882

They didn't actually said it was the New Republic capital was it? Just some populated star system.
>>
>>28276714
Given that Rey is almost 100% guaranteed to be a Skywalker does that surprise you?

Skywalker's have always been immensely strong in the force, even without real training. Only Leia has displayed virtually no force use, and it's likely cuz she hasn't bothered to try, or just uses it in different ways. Neither Rey nor Ren are super trained, so we will see
>>
File: Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png (153 KB, 220x299) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Admiral_Thrawn.png
153 KB, 220x299
>>28276643
We could have had Thrawn instead. And midget alien ninjas that worshipped Vader. And invisible asteroids.

Been a little too long for pregnant Leia though.
>>
>>28276965
Ginger hitler hux said as much that it was the capital and the new republic fleet.

My guess they learned from the death stars "hey we get to fire this once, make it count" and went straight for an artery
>>
>>28276965
Hosnian Prime is the core of the new republic, man.
>>
>>28276971
Well, we also skip 30 years of her life, but she's clearly got some kind of training because she senses Han's "problem."
>>
>>28276709
"I could care less" RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE its" i couldnt care less"
>>
i just wish he hadn't ripped so much off from episode 4.

/r/ing the pic with A New Hope's plot synopsis with a few of the words crossed out to make it into The Force Awakens's plot synopsis
>>
>>28276947
They're still fairly capable as fighters thanks to their heavy shielding and armor, not to mention less vulnerable than the venerable y-wing.
>>
>>28275819
>The "New" trilogy is only Episode one

+10 jj bucks
>>
>>28277039

I just learned that this is an inappropriate thing to use in the English language.

Sorry guys, not my native tongue.
>>
>>28277201
Episode 4 you fucking casual REEEEEEEE
>>
>>28276601
Fair point but even us as a planet locked species could proably have found the section of the galaxy through comparing star positions ad mathig out drift (like in star gate and the abydos map)
>>
File: 1416646620014.jpg (817 KB, 3840x2400) Image search: [Google]
1416646620014.jpg
817 KB, 3840x2400
>>28277213
saying it wrong is an american thing honestly, it happens in a few films, triggers me everytime
>>
File: 1450684345808.jpg (133 KB, 400x505) Image search: [Google]
1450684345808.jpg
133 KB, 400x505
>>28276436
>thrawn trilogy
>fanfic
>>
>>28277363
There was some really good shit from EU.

But for every pound of exceptional stuff, there was 10 pounds of pure, unfiltered, shit.
>>
File: The Smuggler of Redwall.jpg (218 KB, 813x1224) Image search: [Google]
The Smuggler of Redwall.jpg
218 KB, 813x1224
>>28277379
You take that back.
>>
>>28274587
The only thing that bothered me is jow the laser travelled faster than the speed of light
>>
>>28277429
What am I looking at here?

>>28277379
Fair enough.
>>
File: i_could_care_less.png (107 KB, 740x794) Image search: [Google]
i_could_care_less.png
107 KB, 740x794
>>28277039
>>28277213
>>28277264
>>
>>28277429
Skippy the Jedi Droid.
>>
>>28276404
He's entirely right.
Loving the excellent movies and not giving a shit about the prequel abortions or disney's facsimiles is sanity.
>>
>>28274587
>It makes perfect sense that the Y-Wings are gone. I can understand the Resistance upgrading and possibly even continuing production of the X-wing. But no B-Wings or A-Wings? What reason would they have had to not diversify their fleet? You'd think that A-Wings would be needed to run interference, and the B-Wings could have been pounding ground defenses.

The Old EU is gone.

The A-wing is no longer a super fast interceptor the B-wing is no longer a supercharged fighter-bomber.

In the new canon the Y-wing, A-wing, X-wing and B-wing were all just fighters used at the same time by different, unrelated, rebel cells without the knowledge of other cells. The were alll the "frontline" fighter craft of their respective cells, the X-wing was just chosen as the best.
>>
>>28277564
>prequel abortions
the prequels were fine
>>
>>28277429
wtf is Han doing?

Is he dancing?

Is the Otter dancing?
>>
>>28277642
>wtf is Han doing?
he's living anon....He's living life.
>>
>>28277598
Resistance =/= Rebels or New Republic, they are a small private army.

It is logical that their handful of fighters are general purpose.
>>
>>28277699
Plus they clearly got Encom's latest and greatest.
>>
>>28276250
You aren't the only one. I was very underwhelmed and don't understand why all the reviews are so overwhelmingly positive. But hey ho, back to star trek.
>>
>>28276584
eh didn't they say in IV that all of the fighters were going to have a salvo of protons because we don't have anymore?
>>
>>28277821
There's no mention of it, but it makes sense they'd load everything they could because failure meant death for all.
>>
>>28277745
>latest and greatest

Do you work in the tech industry or sales?
>>
>>28274587

That wasn't a star wars movie, is why.
>>
>>28277894
Fuck off. It's still Star Wars. Unlike Star Trek: In Name Only.
>>
Reminder
>>
File: 1450600027542.jpg (303 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450600027542.jpg
303 KB, 699x1211
>>28278112
Pic
>>
>>28277699
Doesn't matter I'm discussing the fact that all those fighters the OP is talking about aren't an improvement over the X-wing as was originally canon within the old EU but are actually now on the same "level" canonically speaking.

The B-wing isn't an improvement or advance on anything, it's just another fighter used by another cell in another part of the rebellion.
>>
>>28278127
yes yes, it was a new hope. whether or not youre an angry star wars fan thats impossible to please, or some trekkie/harry potter fan thats angry about all the attention SW has been getting, theres not really any need to complaint until the next movie does the exact same thing again
>>
>>28278127
>tfw you tell your friends it was a remake of A New Hope and they constantly deny it and get pissed at you for even suggesting it, even after explaining all of it to them
>>
>>28277642
He's moving like a star
>>
>>28278218
>STORIES CAN'T HAVE ANY SIMILARITIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>28278038
>>28277894
JJ abram is more suited to direct a fantasy movie (star wars) than a sci/fi movie (star trek).
>>
I liked it. It was fun to watch.
>>
>>28278650
The core problem is that the speculative fiction aspect of Star Trek doesn't mesh well with mass appeal blockbuster film concept. Pair that with a filmmaker who is a rabid Wars fan but never "got" Trek, and you get the entertaining but dumb reboot and the insulting 9/11 crypto-truther Khan callback of Into Derpness.
>>
That stormtrooper armor got worse while Plot armor increased ten fold.
>>
>>28274587
Because TFA is a fanservice movie and B-wings are iconic for people who didn't play Star Wars vidya.

Blowing up the not death-star in B-wings isn't poetic enough. Blowing up totally not the death star in X-Wing 2.0s is maximum pottery
>>
>>28277642
He's been down too long in the midnight sea.
>>
>>28278767
Oh, what's becoming of me.
>>
File: TIE-A 25.jpg (363 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
TIE-A 25.jpg
363 KB, 1024x640
>>28274587
Just basic TIE disposables? Are you people shitting me?
>>
>>28276747

He is literally the exact thing they tried to do with Anakin / Young Vader, except better scripted and acted.
>>
>>28276882

This. They just re-ignited the galactic civil war. The central government is GONE: now the remaining star systems will take sides and have at one another.
>>
>>28274587
>asking why a piece of star wars media makes no sense
I'ma let you in on sumthin familia, star wars was never amazing nor a deep universe filled with logical space inventions. It has and always will be a series of fun adventure movies written for the 3rd grade reading level general audience.

tl;dr stop expecting more than fun explosions from star wars, it is incapable of delivering more than that.
>>
I dont get how something like star killer base could even be built.

They know things like the death star are possible why on earth would they allow another such thing to be built in range of massively populated planets.

I guess for the sake of the starwars 4 remake
>>
>>28277628

You are FULL OF SHIT. The prequels were terrible, fucking awful garbage. I puked everything in my stomach out last weekend for six hours, and it was better than the prequels.

Shit acting, dreadful scripting, gungans, fucking gungans, terrible writing, you can go on for an hour. I have done this. Fuck the prequels.
>>
>>28276965
Looked like coruscant from episode 3 to me
>>
>>28276688

Go really, really, fast, out turn, and carry less weapons.

Gotta go fast, Anon.
>>
>>28274587
Because JJ abrams doesnt understand star wars or war economy
>>
>>28279066
It wasn't the only planetary city in setting though. Nar Shaddaa and formerly Taris, for example.
>>
>>28279066
Coruscant doesn't have oceans though, family.
>>
Why get rid of the B-Wing over the Y-Wing, which is much more vulnerable?
>>
>>28278985
In all honesty, the prequels were OK. Yes, Jar Jar should have been aborted before birth, and the Gungans should have been nuked. Yes, the writers should have been stood up against a wall and shot for heresy, but they were still pretty decent, and tied in the groundwork for the establishment of the Empire, while explaining the motivations of Anakin turning. Additionally, Lucas at least tried to be innovative and used lots of original material.
>>
>>28278907
So he was SUPPOSED to piss me off with his weenie face, pussy voice and whiny demeanor?

gg, Abrams. He fails so hard he failed at being Anakin's level of fail.
>>
>>28279322
Well, 2 and 3 maybe. Get Lucas out of the directors seat and keep him from forcing wooden acting and dial back the CG, or at least give VFX enough budget you can't tell it's CG.

1 was a completely unnecessary story, though.
>>
>>28279317
in the old EU canon, b-wing were notoriously difficult to maintain and pilot.
>>
>>28279350
Think of the difference. When Vader turned he was a hardened war veteran. He'd been leading the 501st into combat for 3 years against the indefatigable ranks of droid armies. He had become friends with Tarkin because they agreed on a lot when it came to what the role of military leadership should be. He was cold, pragmatic, and decisive.

Kylo Ren, on the other hand, is a wannabe. Just like the entire First Order compared to the Empire. He uses the helmet to intimidate, whereas Vader only had it due to injury. Vader would be a frightening presence even without because he had powerful confidence in his skills. Kylo is a pissy, stomping tantrum factory who vents out his negative emotions instead of concentrating them to stoke the fires of his power.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105 KB, 1280x720
I'm just fucking hyped for Rogue One

I can't wait for sum canonized, gritty and more graphic rebel operating before episode IV.
>>
>>28276688
>why have a bomber when you can have a heavy fighter that is as maneuverable as a light fighter, and can still launch torpedos?

because bombers make big things deader faster.

You could theoretically, in one attack run with X-wings take out the shields of a star destroyer or other large ship, the x-wings then shift role to air superiority as bombers move in to deal critical damage to large ships.

The way I see it is if you want to just survive bring X-wings, but if you want a decisive victory then you need a well composed force of X-wings and Y-wings.
>>
>>28279466
>Rogue One
if it touches on any of the content exclusive to Rebel leader/rogue squadron games then im fucking hyped
>>
>>28275819
>Nobody cares about 2 hour pod races
I fucking loved the podrace thank you very much. Probably one of the only redeeming qualities of that movie.
>>
File: nowthisisshitposting.jpg (54 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
nowthisisshitposting.jpg
54 KB, 500x329
>>28279569
>>
>>28279524
isn't the only rouge one's luke and wedge? it was Red squadron in IV and they gave Luke a new squadron id after that battle hell i think had control of Rouge until he left to start the new jedi order
>>
>>28279569
honestly i liked the gungan battles. Even though they sucked and lost. The gungan commander who rode on horseback reminded me of Danny Trejo for some reason

I also liked the scene where they take a submarine through some deep ass tunnels

Also annakin flying into a space war and blowing some shit up was good too

Also the fight between qui-gon/obi-wan vs darth maul wasn't THAT bad. It had tension and was well rehearsed.

Too fucking bad TFA virtually did not deliver in most of the respects. All we fucking got were people running around on some sand dunes and a shitty weak saber duel in the snow.

It all fucking sucked.
>>
>>28278158
>it's just another fighter used by the rebellion

Fixed.
>>
>>28279639
>Defends the worst, most pointless part of the series while hating on the first really good one since Empire
Is this bizarro world?
>>
>>28279632
Depends on what source you go by. There are several books involving Han as an X-wing pilot in some very exotic places.

X-wing: Rogue squadron, rebel stand, and rebel dream to name a few all decent books.
>>
Can someone make an "into the trash you go" image of Captain Phasma? That would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>28279354
>Well, 2 and 3 maybe. Get Lucas out of the directors seat and keep him from forcing wooden acting and dial back the CG, or at least give VFX enough budget you can't tell it's CG.
Definitely, that would have addressed many issues.

>1 was a completely unnecessary story, though.
There was a lot of fluff, that I don't deny, and it could have been done better. That said, it did introduce several plot elements vital to the trilogy.
>>
>>28279639
Are you being ironic about everything
>>
>>28279524
I don't know about that, all I know is that it takes place right before IV. The blockade runner that Leia is on which carries the deathstar schematics is the whole premise of Rogue One supposedly.

The beginning of the rebellion, and special operations missions to acquire that information.
>>
File: 1449486517320.jpg (169 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
1449486517320.jpg
169 KB, 642x722
>>28279655
Phantom menace was a legitimately more enjoyable film than VII if you can ignore jar jar and anakin's shitty pickup game on princess Amidala

I'm going to see TFA at least once more but it really doesn't have a wow factor. Its modern trash with a huge budget
>>
>>28279727
>a legitimately more enjoyable film than VII
Yep. 45min in to Episode I, I had no idea what was going to happen and how it was going to end.

Can't say the same for TFA. As soon as I saw the giant planet with a hole in it I knew it was "Bigger Death Star" and this was going to end like ANH.
>>
>>28279693
Then probably not. Most of the rebel squadron games are simply just more detailed battles from the original trilogy including some battles that weren't in the films
>>
>>28279727
>>28279766

Ultimate contrarians.

Everyone pretty much agrees TFA was vastly superior to the prequels.

Hell, even lucas thought TFA was good.
>>
>>28279463
pretty much this. My friends and I agree that the first order probably has a budget line for "shit that kylo ren breaks out of rage"
>>
>>28279846
>Lucas a shit
>His opinion still matters and is the final indicator of quality, though

You can't have it both ways, Anon.
>>
>>28279957
Lucas is a good universe creator.

He is a terrible director and meh writer.

You, sir, cant have it both ways either though, two way street
>>
>>28278745
Sadly yes. Old trooper armor was environmentally sealed, had a HUD, actually protected you somewhat, etc. This new stuff...it's plates over a sweater and the mask somehow only filters smoke.
>>
>>28274751

>American Politics: The Force Awakens
>>
>>28279463
>Kylo is a pissy, stomping tantrum factory
This. He spends his time:
>attacking a helpless old man, furniture & computer equipment
>fails at defeating a half-starved force newbie mentally
>couldn't even emo enough to kill himself, asks his father to do so
>prays to his grandfather to make him just as evil ignoring that his grandfather redeemed himself awesomely
>gets owned by above half-starved force newbie in lightsaber combat despite training by Luke & co.

I hated him. I have less respect for him than Salacious Crumb, because at least Crumb was funny.
>>
File: finnstamp.jpg (136 KB, 976x976) Image search: [Google]
finnstamp.jpg
136 KB, 976x976
I THINK YOU /K/ FAGGOTS ARE IGNORING THE MOST IMPORTANT TRAVESTY OF THE NEW STAR WARS MOVIE:

IT HAS A *NIGGER* IN IT!!!!!!!
WHO IS FRIENDS WITH REY THE WHITE GIRL!!!!
AND IS DIRECTED BY A JEW!!!!!!

/pol/ once again proves everyone is a blue-pilled delusional...
>>
File: 1448244509726.png (35 KB, 998x736) Image search: [Google]
1448244509726.png
35 KB, 998x736
>>28280156
>IT HAS A *NIGGER* IN IT!!!!!!!
>WHO IS FRIENDS WITH REY THE WHITE GIRL!!!!
>AND IS DIRECTED BY A JEW!!!!!!

On top of it being a complete remake of "A New Hope"
Ultimate cuckoldry
>>
>>28274751
>was signed between the New Republic and the weakenend Empire. As one of its first acts, the restored Senate promptly passed the Military Disarmament Act.
How to Get Buttfucked by the Yuuzhan Vong: The Manual
Chapter 2
>>
>>28276079
>For the same reason modern air forces stick to a single multirole fighter
except they don't and the US Navy has multiple variants/platforms for different roles, like strike aircraft, Growlers for electronic warfare, Ground attack, and not to mention helis and VTOL platforms.
>>
>>28276557
Galaxy Gun
>>
>>28280156
>>28280194
Settle down, /pol/. I thought you would've been stroking your dick to the scene where the First Order is all gathered together like a Nazi parade before they fire the Star Killer.
>>
File: Journey[1].png (162 KB, 946x747) Image search: [Google]
Journey[1].png
162 KB, 946x747
>>28278127
>What is monomyth?
>>
>>28279676
Introducing Anakin? The start of 2 did that far better.
Palpatine's complicated scheme to get elected Supreme Chancellor and be in power to start the real plans of his takeover? Meh.
>>
>>28280236
They get together to stroke each other's dicks.
>>
File: 1450722104138.jpg (16 KB, 555x288) Image search: [Google]
1450722104138.jpg
16 KB, 555x288
>>28274751

>Though she petitions the New Republic government for support, she finds the politics of the Senate too slow and too mired in self-interest to be of any help.

>Overthrow the Empire
>Find out they had a point
>>
>>28280236
Best scene in the whole movie.
>>
>>28279846
Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Why don't you form your own opinion?
>>
>>28280236
>Their leader is a sub-human potato-eater.

Oh, the Irony.
>>
>>28280611
And one of their top Storm Troopers is a woman.
>>
>>28276436
This, and desu the best elements of the fanfic will be kept/used. I'm pretty syre that the Starkiller was taken from fanfic Something tells me Star Wars in the future will feature the Yzung Vong or whatever.
>>
>>28280588
Normally I would agree with you. But sometimes there is an opinion that 99% of humanity disagree with to the point that you really do have to wonder if there really is something wrong with the 1%.

Taking eating a bowl of shit, for example. I'm pretty certain 99% of the human race does not like to eat shit. So I'm pretty certain I can dismiss out of hand the opinion of people who tell us they like to eat shit and to go form our own opinions on the taste of shit.
>>
File: Doomed.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
Doomed.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>28276520

***SPOILERS***Got to admit though...it was pretty.
>>
>>28276520
I remember the sun-crusher/Galaxy gun being the be all end all of power-level debates.
>>
>>28277022
I believe it was the seat for the galactic senate. the real capital was Chandrila.
>>
>>28276322

Are you talking about how they brought back a bunch of the original characters? Is it true Luke only had a 30 second cameo? Did they bring back Boba Fett to please the EU fags?
>>
>>28280804
>>28280894
Eh, overall building megaweapons isn't ever really that hard in the setting, it's just the fact that nobody in their right might ever considers them worth the resources and effort to build. Cowing populations with the threat of planetary annihilation, or worse, using it as a first strike weapon, just riles everyone up and gets them united against you. And the megaweapons are fuckhuge fat targets that have trouble fighting against commonly available fighters and capital ships. Even in the Imperial era a single Star Destroyer had enough firepower to sterilize a planet.
>>
>>28280923
Han went back to doing shady transport operations, trying to find his stolen baby (the Falcon) while fucking over pretty much every gang in the region, with Chewie still following along. Leia left politics to go back to what she knew, running a guerrilla army. Luke went into self-imposed exile, and yeah, short appearance, no lines.

No other majot characters except 3PO and R2D2, and they're kept at a minimum.
>>
>>28280955

Sad we can never see a Delta Base Zero to that effect. The megawepaons I always thought were a jab at the nuclear powers in that it's honestly just dick waving.

Furthermore...I'm insulted, I though the damn thing would supernova stars, not become the punt gun equivalent of the Death Star.
>>
File: Ep VIII.png (492 KB, 735x328) Image search: [Google]
Ep VIII.png
492 KB, 735x328
>>28280992
>>
>>28280072
That was kinda the point of him though. He was supposed to be a weak, scared kid who tries too hard to be something he isn't.
>>
>>28280992
Literally everything about the JewJew Wars is inferior to the original EU.
>>
>>28281151
still better than the prequels and HD digital remake EU
>>
>>28279670
Do you not have MS paint
>>
>>28274587
After the movie I complained about the fact they only had X-wings. They go on a straight up bombing run, and complain their ordinance "Isnt causing enough damage". I was like, yo no shit dude, you don't have any bombers. What did you think that you were going to blow fortified bunkers using air to air missiles? It would have been nice if the writers bothered to do a little more research into the SW world instead of pulling that "we are too lazy to bother, expanded universe is all retconned" bullshit. I don't expect every minute detail, but fuck man at least have a basic understanding of the things people have access to in that universe. Also, and not related, Why does everyone suddenly know how to use a lightsaber. I'm pretty sure if you handed me a sword, then put me up against someone with like 3 years of recreational fencing, they would beat the shit out of me like I was an anemic kitten. Or, do they teach lightsaber in space junior high now?
>>
>>28281284
>do they teach lightsaber in space junior high now?

The fight scene between Finn and the Storm Trooper with his weird high tech baton thingy pretty much established that the Storm Troopers receive training in melee combat with those big weapons.

Rey has the force.
>>
>>28281151
Skippy the Jedi Droid.
>>
>>28281284
>>28281326
Rey obviously had some self training with the staff thing she carried on Jakku. So she has a martial art skill that translates well to sword play. Also the force, out of nowhere.
>>
File: 1439324512091.jpg (38 KB, 388x452) Image search: [Google]
1439324512091.jpg
38 KB, 388x452
>>28280210
This desu senpai. Although I think that mightbe the point. With the Imperial Fleet retired and the New Republic Fleet btfod by the Star Killer, this is either setting up for said invasion, or more likely, imperial fractals to resurge in force.
>>
>>28281390
Just a reminder that the Vong are no longer a real thing.
>>
>>28281399
Thank fuck.
>>
>>28281414

It's worth mentioning that a long-time Star Wars fan I know is looking at the movies ignoring the EU in a glass-half-full manner. There's a lot of rage on the internet (and in this thread no less) that suddenly the EU doesn't matter anymore. Well remember that for every gold nugget you found in the EU, you had to scrape through a heap of shit to get at it. So while those nuggets might be flushed down the toilet now, so is all the shit we should be glad to be rid of.
>>
File: 1450753117763.gif (871 KB, 245x230) Image search: [Google]
1450753117763.gif
871 KB, 245x230
>>28280072
>I hated him. I have less respect for him than Salacious Crumb, because at least Crumb was funny.
>mfw this perfectly describes my feelings towards Kylo Ren
>>
>>28281494
Any anger I might feel at the EU being trashed (Rogue Squadron, Thrawn and co.,) is diminished due to knowing that literally everything from the NJO series doesn't matter anymore. Ditto for Legacy of the Force.
>>
>>28281151
99% of the EU was pure garbage, Disney selectively picking whats actually worthwhile is the best thing that could have happened to it
>>
>>28281494
Exactly. Everyone hyped up the EU, but there was so much god awful content that was canon that they wouldn't be able to make a movie at all if they didn't retcon it.

It didn't help that the EU seemed to consist entirely of
>terrible mary sues
>authors trying to 1-up eachother with their terrible pet faction
>stupid superweapons with power outputs being 1 followed by a random number of zeros
and worst of all
>retards trying to bring logic to a universe created by a man who thought Jar Jar was a good idea
>>
File: TraitorTrooper.jpg (48 KB, 680x405) Image search: [Google]
TraitorTrooper.jpg
48 KB, 680x405
>>28281326
>>
>>28281362
dammit i am tried of this shit. she went from using a staff to a sword that has no fucking weight on the blade. weight fucking matters in controlling things and if the damn balance point is the center of your palm it cause problem when one end going about a meter off
>>
File: Remove Jedi.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Remove Jedi.webm
2 MB, 640x480
Daily reminder about Greatest no-force user jedi remover.
>>
>>28281760
she has the fucking force. I always assumed that they could use lightsabers so well despite them being weightless because they could sense where the blade was with the force.
>>
>>28281832
Or it's a fucking fantasy movie so fuck explanations.
>>
File: boarding.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
boarding.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>28281845
>Or it's a fucking fantasy movie so fuck explanations.
For fuck's sake this. This is why I hate star wars fans so much. They try to hard to explain the logic to what's effectively a plot device and nothing else.

Seriously you niggers would have an aneurysm if you tried to watch something like LOGH.
>>
>>28281845
This is the part everyone keeps forgetting. Even though it takes place in space and has space ships and guns and shit, it's just as much fantasy as Lord of the Rings was.
>>
>>28281845
my explanation is pretty much it works because magic. I'm well aware that it's fucking fantasy.
>>
>>28276527
Disney didnt non canon anything you fat fucking idiot. It was the storygroup
>>
>>28281930
I quoted the wrong person.

Looking at it logically she had some hand-to-hand experience. A lightsaber is going to be very light and easy to wield. It's not a stretch to think that somebody with prior melee weapon training/experience could pick up a lightsaber and be decently proficient. Her reflexes are also going to be enhanced because of the force.

The other part of the equation is Kylo himself. The guy has been shot and hit with a lightsaber multiple times himself. He's tried, beat up, and very frustrated. The first time he meets Rey he kicks her ass. The second time he throws her into a tree. The third time she puts up a fight.

Their lightsaber fight is incredibly sloppy when compared to the prequels. These guys are making it up as they go. Kylo isn't necessarily very proficient with a lightsaber. Throughout the movie we see him utilize the force to subdue his enemies rather that fight them head on. Since he's all beat up and frustrated, he's unable to perform those force moves since they require more concentration as he is able to give. He is basically a child throwing a temper tantrum and losing his focus as he gets beat up.

So I guess if you look at it more thoroughly it makes more sense that Rey is able to win. Maybe it was a bit easy for her and I'm still wondering how she was able to pick up on using the force so quickly. I think there is more to her story than we know.

Either way, sorry for quoting the wrong guy. In the end it really all comes down to space magic.
>>
>>28281871
LOGH was pretty based
>>
>>28279846
>>28279846

No he didn't. He definitely did not like it given his passive aggressive and sarcastic comments
>>
What I've read basically said the B-wing was never produced in large numbers, only like two squads were available at the battle of endor. The ships produced also had huge reliability and maintenance problems.

It's possible they just phased the ships out, that were more of a prototype in the first place.
>>
File: Musel Iserlohn.webm (3 MB, 832x449) Image search: [Google]
Musel Iserlohn.webm
3 MB, 832x449
>>28281981
So much better than Star Wars. I wish someone would make a (good) live action version of it. It could be amazing with a modern movie budget.
>>
>>28281989
I haven't seen it yet, but if Lucas hates it, then it has to be good.
>>
>>28281989
Really who cares. His "vision" is only good when somebody is willing to tell him some of his ideas are fucking retarded. He surrounded himself with yes men during the prequels and we got some of the dumbest storytelling out there.

Lucas has good ideas, but he needs an editor. Of course he's not happy when these edits are made because he's got it in his head that he's the greatest. This entire movie is not what he had written out in his head.
>>
>>28281978
>He is basically a child throwing a temper tantrum and losing his focus as he gets beat up.
And then Rey starts feeling and channeling the force on her own and kicks his ass. It was awesome.
>>
>>28281981
>>28282000

What's LOGH?
>>
>>28282028
Legends of the Galactic heroes. It's an anime/space opera.
>>
>>28282016
>Lucas has good ideas, but he needs an editor. Of course he's not happy when these edits are made because he's got it in his head that he's the greatest. This entire movie is not what he had written out in his head.

It's funny you should mention that. In a "making of Star Wars" documentary I saw. George specifically mentions that he had an editor and it "wasn't working out" so he "had to let him go"
>>
>>28282028
ask goggle you fucking shittard
>>
>>28282040
Of course he did.
>>
>>28282028
some faggot weeb star wars ripoff.
>>
File: Brack Rancers.webm (3 MB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
Brack Rancers.webm
3 MB, 540x405
>>28282028
Legend of the Galactic Heroes. It's a chinese cartoon about Space Napoleon taking over the universe. Apparently it's heavily based on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

Lots of politicking punctuated by pretty good space battles. If you can stand reading while the characters speak moonspeak, it's definitely worth checking out. Hell of a lot better than Star Wars in my opinion
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.