[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apocalypse Survival Guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15
File: 1450715473082[1].jpg (159 KB, 1000x496) Image search: [Google]
1450715473082[1].jpg
159 KB, 1000x496
hey /k/. i am working on a apocalypse survival guide and would greatly appreciate your help.
as of right now, i have completed the nuclear disaster chapter, i still need help with the following topics:

-anarchy, riot
-vulcanoe eruption
-earthquakes
-conventional war
-hurricane
-flood
-alien invasion
-meteor impact
-surviving in a lawless "society"
-surviving in rural areas
-bugout bag advise

thanks
>>
With anarchy and riots you should do some research about 'gray man tactics' and 'get home bags' then have a subsection where you go over the pros/cons of gray man vs tactical vest or Truck gun open carry as a deterrent. Your opinion on either of these topics should be explained as well as countered.

Lawless society, once again refer to gray man vs full kit. It'll depend if they are habiting a stable location, if they have a group or if they are solo. Patrols vs turtle defense.
>>
>>28274467
can you go into more detail?
>>
>>28274404
I would like to help. Do you have an email or way I can contact you? I could type some things up for you and answer questions.
>>
Something I'd like to see more in these kinds of thing is focusing on goals.

Short term survival is one thing, but if you want to do more than just be the last man to die, you need to do some work on homesteading and reviving community and government. I know this can get a bit into the weeds, but maybe do a piece on basic agriculture, primitive forms of government and reestablishment of community.
>>
>>28274547
I agree. After the initial survival you have to start new. Start living.
>>
>>28274547
agriculture will be included in the "how to survive in rural areas" chapter

but i will add a general chapter for aftermath-scenarios

>>28274523
just type out as much as you can in this thread. i will immediately add it to the guide.
>>
File: 1335037345542.png (348 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1335037345542.png
348 KB, 1000x1200
>>28274584
Ok I'll try. I have to go to a business lunch now so it may be a while.
>>
File: 1335037381925.png (368 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1335037381925.png
368 KB, 1000x1200
>>28274603
>>
>>28274404
Is that pic from black hawk down?
>>
File: 1335037412867.png (478 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1335037412867.png
478 KB, 1000x1200
>>28274608
Is your guide purely text?
>>
File: backpack_packing_guide_2.jpg (167 KB, 780x522) Image search: [Google]
backpack_packing_guide_2.jpg
167 KB, 780x522
>>
File: 1438096846603.png (2 MB, 1604x996) Image search: [Google]
1438096846603.png
2 MB, 1604x996
>>
>>28274634
i dont know yet how i will add pictures to it but i want to, i planned to first type out the text itself and after that add the pictures
i will not make a IRL book about it, this is supposed to be a printable how-to guide for fellow preppers
>>
>>28274661
and internet users* sorry
>>
>all these old info graphics talking about 22lr

I don't know where you guys live, but here in Arizona 22 hasn't been available in almost 4 years.
>>
The concept of static defense was out of date by the first world war.
If you want an actual defensive structure for actual combat, 10 million dollars is better spent on
a bunch of surplus APCs you can convert into armoured camper vans, and a SAM system
[spoiler] dem drones aren't immune to Strela-10s, man [/spoiler]

UEV-440

Just one of those can accommodate 6 full grown men (3 per bed) Also it would probably make more.
It also might make more sense to choose Hiluxes with campers instead of APC's because they're
quicker, more agile and more fuel efficient than an APC. You can also armor a Hilux really well and
relatively easily. I for one have changed my stance from bunkering to nomadic avoidance.
Anyone else? With an array of deposits and small bases across the US or any other country it would
be easy to accommodate this lifestyle. It'd be like a sort of trucker camaraderie.

I've thought of a truck campter but I don't think that gasoline would be prevalent enough in that
kind of serious shtf situations. Ethanol and bio diesel require too many resources, resources that
probably could have been food. Solar power could be possible with a long train of connected solar
panel trailers, which could drive continuously but wouldn't offroad, or through a bunch of packed
up panels, which could offroad but would require 1 or 2 day charging stops. It's a little to
ridiculous and expensive.

I'll combine the two ideas. Get a truck and that Australian camper trailer. Solar panels on the full
length of the truck, and on the camper the panel gets propped up. The panel hangs down the back when
you're going through brush. When the camper is stopped you can activate clown-car mode on the
trailer and pop out more panels. (cont.)

copypasta from old thread
>>
>>28274661
Well if I am going to contribute how will I see the book after its done?
>>
>>28274679
The plan was basically to have
a series of /k/ bases and supply deposits scattered around the area. This could be your country or
your county, as big as you'd like. Everyone makes a small one on a small piece of land and puts
supplies in it. Rice, Water, gas, tools, ammo, medical supplies stuff like that. Could be something
like an underground shipping container or could be your house. Whatever works and all other
/k/ommandos have a map of said bases kind of like the /k/ zeemaps. Since staying still is a death
trap one travels from deposit to deposit to stay alive, giving what they can in the process.

There would also be some central hubs in each region for people who don't care for the nomadic
lifestyle. This can also work as an ideal place for trade. You could also set up farms there,
maybe pay some residents bullets or cigarettes to tend to it or do it yourself of course if you're
one of the non-nomads. It could also serve as a place to reestablish civilization. It would be
governed by a democratically elected official. The ideal vehicle for this nomadic lifestyle would
be a Hilux or a Taco with one of the Australian trailers on the back. The trailers can hold up to
6 men, it'd be cramped but it's possible and if you have a camper on your truck you can fit two or
three more or use it for supplies. Gas would probably be quite hard to come by but I believe that
at least a few engineers would survive the happening and a base could be set up on a gas harvesting
area. You could buy or trade gas from the base. Better yet you could set up solar powered chargers
at the bases.
>>
>>28274676
I live in one of the worst states for guns and we have plenty of 22lr
>>
File: 143.gif (10 KB, 450x383) Image search: [Google]
143.gif
10 KB, 450x383
>>
File: 1433823334909.jpg (2 MB, 1382x2163) Image search: [Google]
1433823334909.jpg
2 MB, 1382x2163
>>28274687
Where can I find all that zeemap and /k/ prep stuff?
>>
>>28274687
>Armed nomadic people traveling from supplies stash to supplies stash
>Occasional fortresses scattered across the wastes with farming and "democratically elected" leaders.
>Gas Towns

If I'm going to die, I'm going to die historic on the Fury Road.
>>
>>28274679
>>28274687
Wow this is a staggeringly terrible idea.
>>
i have now for the most part finished collecting the basic information about radiation and immediate nuclear disasters. onto the next part!

http://pastebin.com/hrEqePMq
>>
>>28274621
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>28274404
>surviving in rural areas
A huge amount of very useful information is contained in the FM 21-76 US Army manual "Survival".
>>
nobody is surviving a super volcano eruption. those things kill everything, that is the next great extinction shit right there. don't even bother trying to prepare for that.
>>
>>28274621
It's from Black Hawk Down 2, actually.
It's basically the same story, except it's niggers vs Marines (not Rangers+Deltas), it's in NYC, and they are not trying to extract high value niggers, they are trying to extract Donald Trump.
>>
>>28275237
there are medium-sized explosions aswell. i wan to prepare people for the case they survive a winter caused by vulcanoe eruptions.
>>
>Conventional war

Step one: get out with the rest of the Civies. You're not Rambo, don't be a hero.

if Step one fails, Step two:no military shit. make yourself look as non-combatant as possible. assuming this is between modern nations they will avoid shooting civies.

Step 3: move quickly through the zone, run away from fire. you aren't a hero, remember that.

Step 4: find a neutral location like Doctors without Borders, they will help civies keep safe and/or get you out the combat zone.

Step 5: once out of the combat zone, head towards friendly military installations, they probably have a plan to evacuate strangling civies.

Congrats! you have survived escaping a combatzone, that wasn't too hard now was it? should only take afew days of hard walking, don't assume your going to find food laying around.
>>
>>28274657
this guy needs to Permaculture his ancre up. those dirty hippies are really onto something
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSNc13cmknE

this guy knows whats up when it comes to sustainability, food is an incredible resource in post-Apocolypse
>>
>>28275362
Best advice in thread: the post.
>>
>>28275471
i swear to god, sometimes i think half this board watched Red Dawn and thought "hey, thats me, i could totally do that"
>>
>>28275564
It's kind of like how this board seems to think that door to door gun confiscations should be met either with a hail of bullets that inevitably get you killed but maybe take someone with you, or complete surrender. Instead of say, complying with the search and then torching the homes of the people involved a couple nights later.
>>
updated to next version

http://pastebin.com/nKpnPf9K
>>
>>28275860
always have 3 fire starters in your bugout bag, fire is one of your most important assets for purifying water and cooking meats
>>
it would be cool if you guys could now get me information about how to behave during a conventional war / invasion
>>
File: BlogJan2715a.jpg (206 KB, 783x1000) Image search: [Google]
BlogJan2715a.jpg
206 KB, 783x1000
>>28276051
This>>28275362

if you want to get into the miusha of it, there are ways to have some stealthy fire making (pic related). there is also the Dakota fire pit if you are in a place with lots of dirt.

now, if you want to start an Insurgency, that is an entire different can of worms.
>>
>>28274603
Lmao wooden handles are not easily replaced if broken, unless made of hickory or stronger it wont last long and for the average /k/ who doesn't use hand tools ever they'd have a hard time fashioning a hickory axe handle with a drawknife
>>
>>28274657
Sauce? This is good shit
>>
>>28275177
You have a few errors in the Nuclear war part.
>>
>>28278176
Infograpphic thread. Sorry bud I'm not sure.
>>
Buy a bug net, all you're going to be eating are insects
>>
>>28279002
This and mosquito netting.

The bugs are the thing that will keep you alive and the thing that will bring death through sickness and pain, find a way around the fuckers.
>>
File: Bosnia2.jpg (2 MB, 1504x2964) Image search: [Google]
Bosnia2.jpg
2 MB, 1504x2964
>>
File: Yellowstone Supervolcano.png (322 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Yellowstone Supervolcano.png
322 KB, 960x720
>>
File: 1407678460682.png (527 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
1407678460682.png
527 KB, 744x1052
>>
>>28274685
This
>>
File: 1440292946459.jpg (64 KB, 780x1070) Image search: [Google]
1440292946459.jpg
64 KB, 780x1070
>>
>>28274404
Most events you're talking about can be broken out onto timelines. Surviving the event itself, regardless of event, is all pretty much similar in execution- hunker down and bunker up until it passes.

Timeline format goes thus: pre-event preparation, identifying event precursors, riding out the event, short term event recovery, and long term event recovery.

Your BOB section shouldn't just be a list of trendy shit to have in a pack. Any number of prepper magazines already have that angle covered.

You need to discuss BOB inventory in the context of how it's going to help you get from where you are to your preselected BOL.

It's a huge topic, consider breaking it down into a series of handbooks. You're also going to have to do a metric assload of research, on a fuckton of different subjects.
>>
>>28274603
>>28274608
>>28274634
These are backpacking instructions, not survival manuals.
>>
>>28275237

Toba...5-10x greater than Yellowstone brought mankind down to about 12k.

People survive anon.
>>
>>28274687
>underground shipping container

Spectacularly bad idea. Use something that's engineered for subterranean use. That way your cache will remain useful.
>>
>>28278176
Different anon here. An excellent all-in-one resource for this is The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery.

The one acre holding in the infograph doesn't illustrate the backbreaking labor that goes into setting up and maintaining something like that. Plan on 6 hours a day, on top of any other obligations or needs you may have.

It's a perfect illustration of why you need a community to survive. There's not enough hours in the day for one person to do everything that needs done.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.