[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bullpup Unlimited conversion kit. Yay? Nay? Gimmick? What say you...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: b7cmmr.jpg (101 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
b7cmmr.jpg
101 KB, 640x480
Bullpup Unlimited conversion kit. Yay? Nay? Gimmick? What say you...
>>
>>28274392

I usually don't like bullpups but for shotguns, it just makes sense, you know?
>>
I like the placement of the selector...very AR15 ish
>>
>>28274392
i think go for it, you don't like it you can always switch the gun back
>>
>>28274392
what model? Also- needs a sidesaddle option.
>>
>>28274825
Not my pic. I'm looking at the 500. Local pawn shop has used one for 150 and the kit can be had for 289.00.
>>
>>28274402
It makes more sense on a semi auto. But I'm not risking blowing my hand off if it slips forward on a pump.
>>
>>28274857
You should probably stay inside away from people
>>
>>28274883
nah, but if I'd feel safer removing the safety from my guns than taking a chance on my hand slipping forward
>>
safety how? that aside im rigid.
>>
>>28274825
I believe this kit is available for a Remington 780 and Mossberg 500.

Seen one at a local gun shop, they said the one they had was for the Remington but told me about the Mossberg one.
>>
>>28274392
My penis is now erect....
>>
Gimmicky as shit, but if it's for fun then why not?
>>
>>28274937
So you're saying that you're defending yourself from being stupid? Yeah just stay inside and sell your guns, dude
>>
>>28275867
Not anymore so than a ksg or uts. The reviews are overwhelmingle good
>>
After an initial Google search I found a decent write up of one fitted on a Remington and it seems that they were having some failure to eject issues probably due to the ejection port shield, I'm curious as to if the Mossberg would have the same issues. Also he states that the normally metal bar that connects the forearm to the weapon is replaced by a plastic piece which I would be concerned about breaking. Seems like it would be a fun range toy but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
>>
>>28275961
I believe in the mossberg the action bars are metal...they have an assembly video on YouTube.
>>
>>28274857
>> hurr durr gonna bwoa muh finghas owf

Pussy!
>>
File: 1442686831838.jpg (3 MB, 3900x2611) Image search: [Google]
1442686831838.jpg
3 MB, 3900x2611
Would have bought one just for fun but my 870 has the Super Magnum receiver so it's not compatible. Seems like it would be easy enough for them to make the ejection port longer but maybe they don't feel there's enough of a market to make entirely new molds.
>>
>>28276861
>tfw I've got super mag too

Looks like I might be buying a new shotgun
>>
>>28274392
>will not work with the new Mossberg one piece forearm
Fuck.
>>
Apparently there are several police departments that are using these conversion kits and/or have approved their use.
>>
>>28274392
I have one for my 870. The safety on the trigger takes some getting used to. Just a different feel on a trigger than any one is used to. The ar safety is nice. It's durable as hell. He'll I took mine out deer hunting and shot a doe that was facing me from about 100 yards away. It's super fun. It feels really heavy on the ass end of it and it kicks like a mull. I put a pistol grip on the pump. Get it OP
>>
>>
>>28276861
...Any blueprints for this, friendo?
>>
>>28274937
The kit has 2 safetys. A double trigger and an ar style safety. Even the biggest dumb ass couldn't blow his own hand off. I hacr one. It's awesome
>>
>>28274392
Reminds me of the Neostead 2000 for some reason.
>>
>>28277454
OP here...thanks for the input. I'm seriously contemplating pull in the trigger on it...
>>
>>28274857
2 words...Vertical Grip
>>
I don't think it's any more gimmick than other bullpup shotguns, with the added virtue of being less expensive and reversable.

It might even be practical of operating in your house.

I would buy one just to fuck with if it was maybe half that cost.
>>
https://youtu.be/xQ_kTTRWc2c

18 foot drop test and drove over it with a truck.
>>
>>28277687
I'd let her rack my action if you know what I'm saying.
>>
>>28277856
Multiple times
>>
I think the greatest argument in favor for the Bullpup unlimited kit is its modularity and ability to adapt to whatever task is at hand -

I can keep that 20" barrel for home def, but, I could just go in and switch it to a 24" or a 28" for skeet/trap/hunting.

Would it look weird? Sure. Would it fulfill multiple roles in a home-inventory - absolutely.

Seems neat
>>
>>28278677
That sucker would look crazy with a 24" barrel sticking out the front
>>
>>28279139
true, but, it'd still work - besides could you imagine all those fudd-faces when you show up to skeet with a pump bullpup? you might blow some minds.
>>
$360 for this shit? Just buy a fucking KSG
>>
>>28279585
I paid 289 for mine and bought a used 870 for 155. Why? Because I can. Fuck you.
>>
>have to take out 6+ screws to clean the gun
Seriously, why though?
>>
>>28277514
Never underestimate the ability of a determined fool.
>>
>>28281849
Hurr durr..... Screwdrivers, how do they work?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.