[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does Armslist sell fast? I posted an 870 on it for $300 and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_5819.jpg (77 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5819.jpg
77 KB, 960x720
Does Armslist sell fast? I posted an 870 on it for $300 and I deadly need the cash to back to college. Pic related.
>>
>>28274276
You are fucking pathetic.
>Selling guns for any reason.
Bootstraps up fucker.
>>
>>28274304
If I was a trust fund kiddy like half my "friends" I wouldn't even consider it. This is a last resort of last resorts. I literally don't even have money to get from the airport back to my dorm, or to feed myself, or to do pretty much anything.

Plus, I want an older 870 anyways.
>>
>>28274276
>an 870 on it for $300
I'm in California and private sale 870s go for like 250 brand new, even here.
>>
>>28274315
I was looking around in my area and I saw them at around $350. I'm expecting this shit to get knocked down quite a bit, but we'll see.

Thanks for the info though. I'm honestly not trying to kike anyone.
>>
>>28274313
I put myself through college by working on a fucking cane farm(Bachelors in History, Asc. In Gen Studies). I am doing the same thing with trade school (Technical Diploma in Electronics by this fall.) So don't give me that trust fund bullshit. A man never sells guns or land. Flip burgers, dig ditches, do whatever to get money like a real American Man.
>>
>>28274276
>I deadly need the cash
>300 dollarydoos
>winter break is like a month long
get a job hippie. if you were smart you'd have applied as a seasonal employee at walmart/target/bestbuy to make minimum wage as a dead body in a uniform, but now you get to operate a deep frier instead for the next 2 weeks.
>>
>>28274344
If you want, I'll dig a ditch for you at minimum wage right now. I'll dig till I puke from exhaustion and then keep digging. Problem is that this little redneck town isn't that employable. You either work at the paper mill or you don't work at all. Hell, one time I got a job at

>fucking
>gamestop

And the fuckers didn't give me any hours. No work, no hope, no dreams. Only deer jerky and pollution.
>>
>>28274359
You're ancestors didn't come to this country to work and better themselves to have a spoiled little millenial brat who would turn down good work posting about selling a gun for college money generations later. A JOB IS A JOB. Get one. You probably think good hard work is beneath you. Money earned is money earned. That money a mill worker or gamestop employee makes is the same color green as Donald Trumps money. Kids these days want money without working.
>>
>>28274329
That's because those listings never sell, and have probably been reposted for months

$200 would be a better price if looking for a sale

Also if you don't have a job, see if you can park your car at parents place and not pay insurance during the school year, that will save you some money and means you will still have transportation for work during summer

Acquire a bike for local transportation, or just walk
>>
>>28274359
then you should have worked at the papermill over winter break. Or you should have got a job in highschool to have a resume so you can put "burgerflipper" on your gamestop application and actually get hours. If you think you can succeed in the real world with your degree in basketweaving when you can't even hold a job at gamestop...

drop your classes for this semester, since you literally have no money, then work in that papermill before going back to class next semester.

or
>get loan

like your "trust fund kiddie" friends who are apparently better at this whole #college thing and manage to eat and learn at the same time.
>>
>>28274395
You're not understanding.

The paper mill only hires full time positions. You cannot just spontaneously go there, or even call in advanced, and ask for a position for a month. If you're working there, you're not going to school.

Gamestop literally gave me zero hours. I consistently called them and asked them what's up and they gave me shit.

Nearly any other establishment here has either no positions or they want extended part-time positions (not just seasonal shit).

Frictional unemployment is very real. If I was back in NOLA, this wouldn't even be a question.
>>
>>28274427
>Nola
>This fucking shit is in the same state I am?
God please don't let me come across you. I seriously would jap slap you.
>>
>>28274411
I have a job, it's just at my area of work.

>bike for local transportation
I'm actually going to sell my bike this semester. Plus, I don't take the car down to NOLA because of dem roads.

I should lower it to at least $225 potentially. I don't know, I bought this shotgun for around $350 at a gun shop, but I was probably ripped off a bit. Remington lists their shotgun for $450 on their website (lmfao).

Thanks for the advice man. I appreciate it.
>>
>>28274427
Is your degree worth it?

If so, take out a loan

If not, either go to technical school or start making career plans

If you're looking for ways to save money, >>28274411 isn't too bad. Track your expenses and find what you can cut
>>
>>28274440
See in Louisiana you can just spontaneously work shit. I can wait, I can work under the table, there's so many opportunities. I once worked at the Superdome for a Wrestlemania event when the rabbi told me about it. It's just that easy to find quick work for a quick buck. Hell, just check out their craigslist.
>>
>>28274427
There are people who work and go to college at the same time. Talk to h.r. or the manager, show a little initiative. That is how doors open. Don't expect work to just fall in your lap. I'm going to give you advice worth millions for free. Nothing in life will worth having will come to you. You have to take it. Go after it.
>>
>>28274453
>is your degree worth it
I got a job guaranteed at the BLS and I'm pretty much not going to have to pay rent. Within 5 years, I'll move into the private sector and will be doing data analysis. It's really, really worth it. Though, thinking back, going out of state probably wasn't the best decision. However, I will say this, I didn't want to learn no obamanomics, so I went to a school with a nice econ program.

>take out a loan
I am, but it's a bit complicated. Having to beg for a cosigner isn't fun, but mom has no credit.
>>
>>28274427
>are you available all hours, weekends, and holidays
lol no I want 20 hours on weekdays bruh i'm a college kid that means i'm special I just need money
>...ok then, so how long do you think you'll be in this position if you are selected?
prob like... 3.... uh 2 weeks? I'm going back to college in january.
>k den

this is you and you are a fucking retard. why are you in college?

someone non retarded would answer
>are you available all hours, weekends, and holidays
with "yes sir I am"

they don't need to know you intend to put in your 2 weeks 1 week after your first day on the job

>imfao
yeah, that degree will totally be worth it.
>>
>>28274473
I visited and pushed nearly every establishment from Krugers to KFC to Walmart. This is a dying town, a ghost of the coal city it once was.
>>
>>28274395
Not OP but gonna guess paper mill isn't flexible enough to allow for a class schedule (and iirc papermills are seasonal, I don't even know if theyre in season) and gamestop gave him no hours which you should know means no money.
>>28274276
You should have been getting in on seasonal retail work a few weeks to a month ago. As for armslist, it really depends on your market and pricing cheaper will sell quicker obviously.
>>
>>28274498
>Hey is there a job offering here?
>Okay nothing I'm out.
Not how you get your foot in the door. Show some damn initiative. Quit making excuses for your failure.
>>
>>28274520
No what he turned down is a little money for no money. Which would you rather be, Nigger rich or broke?
>>
>>28274498
>in college
>can't even get a job sweeping floors
>in college

how bad is your college gpa and highschool gpa? how fucked is your criminal history? how do you literally have no volunteer experience when a high school diploma requires you to accrue at least 40 hours of community service? How have your parents never forced you to get a job to pad your work history?

>>28274529
note how he didn't apply for fastfood, just stand here in a vest customer service shit. OP you're gonna work a frier. you aren't qualified to wear a vest.
>>
>>28274486
I don't know how else to explain this. There are no available positions. This isn't Baton Rouge where you have tons of capital and goods going through. Nobody has money to hire anyone.

I mean, I could fib and not tell them how long I'm going to work there; and, to be honest, the thought has crossed my mind. However, there simply are no positions open anywhere. The available positions are offered very temporarily and are competitive. Plus, word moves around town fast so I couldn't do that more than once.
>>
>>28274567
You are a college student, you must be as useless as the pecker on the pope to lose out to hoodrats working McJobs because they are so qualified and competetive. And they wonder why millenials are unemployable. No fucking list of degrees mean anything if you can't fight yourself out of a paperbag. You need to learn how the world works. They don't teach you the most important things in college.
>>
>>28274276
Do you ship?
>>
>>28274554
In New Orleans I can get a job. I have a job in New Orleans. That's not the problem. The problem is not finding a job in general. The problem is that when everyone is leaving a dying town and the only establishments are fast food restaurants that every highschooler and druggy applies for, it simply doesn't make any sense. Gamestop was a seasonal position, for example. They wanted me to work towards the winter season and help push stock. They hired like 7 part time kids and gave hours to none of us because business was dead.
>>
>>28274567
>Plus, word moves around town fast so I couldn't do that more than once.
how many times do you intend to be 100% broke and in need of a job in a hick town? Jesus christ kid.

>fib
it isn't a "fib", you are getting a job and later decided that you WILL take classes this semester rather than working, which regretfully mean you must put in your 2 weeks. how dumb are you?

>in college
>parents don't have the money to buy a meal plan or pay for a taxi to get you to campus
>being this broke and going to college out of state

>>28274619
>college student
>can't out compete highschoolers and methheads for mcdonalds jobs
>college student
jesus christ
>>
>>28274616
If an offer is given, potentially. But, quite honestly, I would probably either drive out to where the buyer is or meet him half way, or half him meet me in town if that was at all convenient.
>>
>>28274645
And this is why the four year degree is devaluated towards the equivalent of a high school diploma 20 years ago. This what colleges churn out to be the FUTURE WORKFORCE OF AMERICA. Fuck me right?!? Unqualified, overeducated, with a lack of employment history, experience, initiative and common sense.
>>
>>28274645
Ever here the term "overqualified"?

A literal down syndrome kid can do just as well a job at McShits as pretty much anyone else. Plus they can pay the disabled kids less.

>how many times do you intend to be 100% broke and in need of a job in a hick town? Jesus christ kid.

I don't need a job here. You're the one that suggested it. This is the last time I plan on being here as my family is moving tf out asap.

>being this broke and going to college out of state
At least I got to learn austrian economics. I did it for the free market.
>>
>>28274677
Overqualified is a euphemism for too much education and too little work experience. You need some employment history on your resume buddy. Too bad you turned down gamestop because that was something.
>>
>>28274668
>don't sell your basic bitch shotgun
>lie your way into work at a paper mill for two weeks
>common sense
>>
>>28274706
Even after getting your degree you will still be unemployable. Might as well suckstart the shotgun.
>>
>>28274721
I'm not OP, you're just being silly.
>>
>>28274706
Exactly, right? It's not even a very good shotgun. Reliable, but I don't trust the milling of the newer Remingtons. I haven't had any real problems, but I specifically listed it as one of the newer models.

>>28274705
McShits can endure a high turnover rate, but it still takes time money and effort to train a new employee on the basics of their job. That's a good few hours of work by the manager and instruction by coworkers. Again, nothing major; but, for a manger, he's not going to want to do that more than once. And who is going to leave the job first? The college student or the literal downies kid?

I have employment history:
I've interned in DC for two summers.
I've worked with my professor in New Orleans.
I've done charity events.

The point is McShits doesn't care about your work experience as long as they can trust you're not going to throw shit at customers.
>>
>>28274742
That's volunteer and intern work. It's real jobs that they count.
See
>>28274721
>>
>>28274769
Well working with my professor was real work. I did a lot of stuff related to publishing his essays and books.

I worked at the Superdome and sold programs for 10 hours one day.

I was paid at the charity event. A book buyback thing. Under the table pay, but pay nonetheless.

Wait, why the fuck am I justifying my resume history?

>Fuck off, I have to work to do.
>>
>>28274677
>overqualified
tippety top kek

>I don't need a job here
>no savings
>going to college where he doesn't even have food
>300 dollarydoos/ the $100 you're going to get at a pawnshop when you bend over is a big deal for you

>i can't get a job here
>I can't "lie" to these hicks because word spreads
>I don't have a need for a job here baka ;_;
which is it?

GG when you finish that degree, realize hurr dey never told me I needed to do _____ (internships, certs, getting published in journals, that the 5 people employed in your field have PHDs and do research, etc.) ;_;, and memepost about how terrible the job market is and how no one told you going to a lower ranked school on a loan was a bad idea.

>>28274706
>the $100 OP will get for that shotgun will do anything to change the fact that OP is literally can't afford a cab to get to campus or food until he can get one of those super easy jobs near campus 3 weeks later
how poor is your family that you aren't one of those "trust fund" kids whose parent's can afford to feed them?
>hurr lie to get into a papermill
It's called don't be a fucking useless pussy who wonders how he'll make a few hundred bucks he needed yesteday when he's had the better part of 2 months to WORK instead.
>>
>>28274790
It's all three. I don't need that much money. Just enough to get me on my feet until I start getting regularly paid again. Plus, I got some ideas on how to trap in NOLA.

>he had the better part of 2 months to work instead
You're accusing me of not working throughout the Fall semester?
>>
>>28274787
that isn't a resume, thats you being a college student. goodboy points for helping your professor only count in the fake world of academia. being a scab off the books for literally 2 days of the 20 years you've been on this earth is a bad joke, not work experience.

>>28274820
>doesn't have a dollar to his name
>r u accusing me of not working!
yes, unless you're going to tell me that you instead spent every dollar you made like a fucking idiot, leading to your current predicament of needing to pawn your shit to just get back to campus (a gun no less, the one thing you never unload)

have mommy give you the hundo kid, then pay her back when you "start getting paid again" at that job you've never had. protip: using up your financial aid on random bullshit is why you're so fucked.
>>
>>28274852
>spent every dollar you made
Yeah I did.

>have mommy give you the hundo
I gave her the hundo to pay for utilities.
>>
I just sold my 870 for 375
>>
>>28274871
>this is in college

so you can't hold onto a dollar for more than 5 minutes, your family is even broker and shit kickier than you, and you are "overqualified" so lose out to retards on part time temporary work because you can't even get an interview right but you're going to get that bachelor's in a sea of PHDs and be an employed economist?

work at the papermill, go to trade school. You've been warned.
>>
>>28274933
Well, I'm going to start in economics and branch into data analysis. I already have a pretty extensive background with the work(s) I have published.
>>
>>28274907
I got an offer when I dropped it down to $225, so that's nice.
>>
>>28274950
Your alleged academic success does not mesh with the fact that you can't hold a job at gamestop or get a job wearing a blue vest, let alone the secretarial/office position every AA degree holder is qualified for. Or your current predicament of needing to sell a gun right now in order to eat tonight.

you aren't impressing anyone with your pie in the sky goals as a college freshman who can't ace a mcdonalds interview.
>>
>>28275007
I think you're misinterpreting my issue, either intentionally or not.
>>
Where do you live senpai?
>>
>>28275114
VA :3
>>
>>28275135
You are going to need to work the sytem if you really want to go to college. Every black and minoirty is getting free education at the dime of the working class.
You need to take in reality. Find a loophole for scholorship money. You need to will yourself into that college.
Fyi: its easier to get a bkue collar job, then a retail job. All retail job applicants have some college degrees. The managers definitely do.
Times have drastically changed. Now places like target suck up all the college kids who cannot get a job. In the old days, that was for women who didnt go to college. Now its normal to have a 22yrold boss who got a degree in humanities, running around target acting like they are really important.
>>
>>28275181
It's my last semester. I'm graduating in May.
>>
File: 2765ce1.jpg (62 KB, 515x429) Image search: [Google]
2765ce1.jpg
62 KB, 515x429
>>28275189
Well you have no REAL job experience like any unemployable millenial who will recently graduate. Good luck.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.